Zero Punctuation: Kirby's Epic Yarn

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 NEXT

Kirby's Epic Yarn

This week, Zero Punctuation reviews Kirby's Epic Yarn and Colorful Apartment Management Simulator 2011, which may in fact be the same game.

Watch Video

Is this earlier than usual? Im used to ZP coming out at 5pm (uk)
Oh well. Im not complaining!

This game is honestly the only reason I want a wii. That and metroid prime trilogy.

All the new games out, and you pick a game that was released a few months ago xD.

Its always nice to hear Yahtzee take the piss out of a Wii game, even one that doesn't use that horrible masturbation aid.

Did you find the most anti-yahtzee game you could for him to review?

Sounds like Zool...and that's terrifyingingly old. (two ings for emphasis)

But as we've seen, being a fat girly lad is OK as long as you can piledrive.

If this review won't be positive, I will kill you O_O!
*watched*
Aw. But it's so cute, Yahtzee! That should render it immune to scrutiny by default!

haha, loved it, yeah fuck the children (not in that way)

A Kirby game? I can't say I was expecting that.

lol.

I guess he will review Homefront next week then.

I am always surprised about some of the things he can get away with saying in his videos. Something about his hankies from the wastebasket. Ewwwwwwwww.

Anyways I had no idea that was part of Epic Yarn... I thought it was a platformer like the good ol days. I am trying to talk the wife into a Wii so I can play all the Mario games I missed when I jumped to the PS1. This one prolly won't be on my list.

liked the review!

jamiedf:
haha, loved it, yeah fuck the children (not in that way)

lol go running bear!

also impregnate with dirty handkerchiefs... well that's a disturbing image.

i never had any hopes for "brainy prick yes". my rom hack of one of the older kirby games works just fine, thanks.

and here i was expecting a Dragon Age 2 review. Well expectations shattered i still enjoyed this.

Wow! Didn't see this one coming... I thought Yahtzee was too professional to review Epic Yarn...

Ah well now my suspicions are completely right! Nintendo is officially on it's last legs. If Skyward Sword blows, I'm melting my console.

Also, it looks like Epic Yarn took everything Sakurai couldn't put into SSBB adventure mode and threw it into one big game. I know HAL entertainment are notorious for secrets and backtracking, but FUCK!

I still want this game even if it is short and easy.

What's stopping me is that I've been playing games on my PS3 more than my Wii.

So essentially its 50% adventure and 50% apartment manager sim.

Also congrats to the first 3 posters who somehow managed to watch a vid over 5 minutes long and post within 4 minutes...

We all knew a game about Kirby was going to suck, one way or another :D
Kids should stick to playing pokemon games

The_root_of_all_evil:
Did you find the most anti-yahtzee game you could for him to review?

Sounds like Zool...and that's terrifyingingly old. (two ings for emphasis)

But as we've seen, being a fat girly lad is OK as long as you can piledrive.

He didn't seem all that girly to me.
That bully was the real pussy

I hate kids too:D! I really despise the little buggers.
Like Yathee said: F*** the future!

P.S. hillarious video as always

From the triler it looked challenging. Maybe a higher dificulty level?

Somehow I figured he wasn't going to like Kirby but kids these days are lame.

Only partially being a jaded cynic, I found a lot to enjoy in the theme and style of Epic Yarn. Yes, it's all so much fluff in the end, but find me a game that doesn't have gameplay-lengthening time wasters. I just found it to be a nice colorful enjoyable romp in a sea of gray soulless drabness.

Perhaps K:EY is just being honest in the idea that video games are just a big lead up to nowhere. :-P

SnootyEnglishman:
and here i was expecting a Dragon Age 2 review. Well expectations shattered i still enjoyed this.

Same here. I guessing it will be a while before he reviews Dragon Age 2 but I can wait.

Looks like this is an hour early. Ho well. Anyways, I haven't played any Kirby game... Ever, I think the closest thing I've got to Kirby is super smash bro's so I don't know too much of the mythos or of the gameplay to really shake my hands in the air.

I do know that my niece who's 4 can play the original Sonic the hedgehog without too much trouble until she gets to some of the later levels and thats only around 400msp as opposed to the price of a full retail game so I often put that on for her if she feels like gaming. So I don't think theres much need for this. Also, yeah, I can't think of any games from my childhood that pussy footed me around. Though I grew up on games like Sonic, Mario, Rayman and such... I do remember a Smurfs game that came out once and I was a little bored at the fact that it was literally impossible to die and that was on the PSone so I'd have been around 6 or 7.

So yeah, games that are this easy don't really present much of a challenge to kids. However maybe thats a good, thing... I don't know, I haven't played it.

Honestly thought he'd review DA2. And from the absence of it, I assume it's because that too (like it's predecessor) took an absolute age to play.

Thanks again and yet another game that vindicates my decision not to get a Wii.

O.O wow i can't believe it took this long for the game to be released in Australia (plus whatever time it took for Yatshee to give a shit)

but I played Kirby's epic yawn and it is so unchalenging that it took all the fun out of the game

Wow, nice. That was hilarious.

I would like to know why developers feel the need to dumb down death mechanics. It's getting really annoying!

I love it when he gets games like this to review, because I feel zero urge to defend them so I can sit back and just enjoy watching him rip into them like a buzz saw.

Laurents van Cauwenberghe:
first!

Oh wonderful, I've never actually seen any of these happen live in front of me. Let me just get comfy while I watch.

ON-TOPIC: Well, this was unexpected. Still, this is one of the funniest reviews I've seen in a while, somehow because of Yahtzee's[1] whole hypothetical son thing running through it. I'd actually love to see a ZP in which Yahtzee just rambles on and on about something unrelated to games, like aa severely truncated life story or something.

[1] My spell-checker informs me that I meant to type "Chimpanzee" there.

esperandote:
From the triler it looked challenging. Maybe a higher dificulty level?

There is no higher difficulty level. There literally is NO way to die. I actually just finished playing this game and I didn't bother to finish it because I didn't feel any sense of achievement by simply collecting jewels throughout a level. I didn't even get to the Management simulator part of it, but it looks like I didn't miss much; like walking out of a bad movie before it's finished.

Yeah, I knew I wasn't going to be interested in the game, but the vid was worth the watch if only for Imp-KEA. I almost did a spit-take. (That'll teach me to not drink or eat while watching ZP.)

Yahtzee are you actively trying to kill us by overloading us with reasons to never buy a Wii?

I never wanted to die so bad in a video game. I wanted to like it, but it was like I didn't even have to try, lol. Kirby Super Star and its difficulty was awesome in my childhood. :D

Further proof that the Wii truly is meant for childeren. First adult who I see playing this game will get a lollypop and a colorful cap with a propeller on top from me.

Heh, I giggled a few times and was convinced to absolutley buy this game for my niece! (mostly to mess with my brother.)

Another epic review.

Kirby's Epic Yarn was pretty entertaining, granted you had no punishment for completely screwing up, aside from less shinies, but was still a neat way to blow some time.

Yahtzee should start doing some old school games as well. Would be interesting to see how Paper Boy holds up.

The Human Torch:
Further proof that the Wii truly is meant for childeren. First adult who I see playing this game will get a lollypop and a colorful cap with a propeller on top from me.

Can I have my lollipop now?

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or