Trailers: Mortal Kombat Kratos Trailer

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Mortal Kombat Kratos Trailer

Kratos slices his way into Mortal Kombat as a PS3 exclusive character.

Watch Video

Obvious comment of the day:

"Holy ****, that looks like it -really- hurts"

Cestus! Whoo! Though, if I'm not mistaken, weren't those the Blades from the first/second game? They didn't look like the GoW3 set...But he has all his other stuff from the third game, so maybe I'm just thinking wrong.

What pisses me off is how this reminds me of the stealth kills in the Deus Ex 3 trailer. Why does it have to be so over-the-top? Have we lost all sense of subtlety?

Okay, I should stop complaining about DX in a MK thread...

Awesome...Look forward to seeing what it'll be like to play him.

I liked the part where Lui Kang (I think) tried a flying kick:

"Ki-Yaaa!" *block* SPLAT!

Poor bastard...

was that a timed sequence button combo i see there like in the god of war series? :3

Owww... No fatality? Shame.

How is this trailer "approved for all audiences"?

Ok I'll ask...

Why would Kratos be in the Mortal Combat universe?

Raiyan 1.0:
What pisses me off is how this reminds me of the stealth kills in the Deus Ex 3 trailer. Why does it have to be so over-the-top? Have we lost all sense of subtlety?

Agreed. And yes.

AssassinJoe:
Ok I'll ask...

Why would Kratos be in the Mortal Combat universe?

Because of all the people to guest star in the game, he's one of few characters that would fit in the general setting? He certainly fits better than the DC Universe, that's for sure.

In terms of lore, I guess they'll just pull the "from another realm" card. That or "Earthrealm warrior from the past".

...Y'know, considering how Kratos is both the son and slayer of Zeus, a thunder god, anyone else half-expect them to relate him to Raiden?

Raiyan 1.0:

Yeah, but this is Mortal Kombat. It's always been over the top.

Also, OMG. He has a QTE finisher?

Stein Inge:
I liked the part where Lui Kang (I think) tried a flying kick:

"Ki-Yaaa!" *block* SPLAT!

Poor bastard...

I liked the part when Kratos hit people.

Seriously though, MK still looks too wooden. I love the series, but it just looks so stiff.

Zachary Amaranth:

Raiyan 1.0:

I wasn't complaining about MK, I was bitching about DX3. MK is staying to its roots (and kudos to them), but DX3 isn't.

Oh Hell yes.

Don't care about Kratos, I'm more interested in how Ermac looks while getting his ass kicked by Kratos.

Damn! That was hot. :D Finally a Mortal Kombat game that is true to its gory roots.

Lol pwnt.

To bad its RC in Australia, I guess I would rent it out or something.

all in all I can't say im the least bit impressed by how he's looking in game....I am atad jealous that thiers no xbox exclusive kombatant..but thats all insignificant since im probably not even gonna be getting the game

Raiyan 1.0:

Kratos.
Subtle.

Pick One.

Anyway, I'm more curios as to how in the hell do you make Kratos in any fighting game balanced? Seriously, the man wields 2 fucking swords on chains! I'm pretty sure the whole rest of the cast is unarmed.

SilentHunter7:

Raiyan 1.0:

Kratos.
Subtle.

Pick One.

Once again, good sir, I was talking about the over-the-top nature of Deus Ex 3's stealth kills, not Kratos.

Raiyan 1.0:

SilentHunter7:

Raiyan 1.0:

Kratos.
Subtle.

Pick One.

Once again, good sir, I was talking about the over-the-top nature of Deus Ex 3's stealth kills, not Kratos.

1) What does Deus Ex 3 have to do with Mortal Kombat?
2) Since when has Mortal Kombat EVER been about subtlety?

The whole comment seems to be extremely tangential, like an excuse to complain about something wholly unrelated to the main topic.

Kimarous:

1) What does Deus Ex 3 have to do with Mortal Kombat?
2) Since when has Mortal Kombat EVER been about subtlety?

The whole comment seems to be extremely tangential, like an excuse to complain about something wholly unrelated to the main topic.

1) Nothing other than the resemblance of fighting styles.
2) I was implying Deus Ex was about subtlety. I've no beef with MK.

And yes, which is why I conceded "Okay, I should stop complaining about DX in a MK thread..." back in post no 4.

For Cthulhu's sake, I've said this exact same thing twice in this thread already...

Am I the only one sick to death of Kratos?

I mean....after the initial game all of this stories and such feel so forced.

People complain about crash, but then they fap over Kratos....

Now that looks quite op and boring... Most of these moves were seen already so I don't think most people will enjoy seeing them over and over again.

The fatalities seem to be the X-ray thingy.

Kratos vs Raiden
I wonder who will winXDD

Callate:
How is this trailer "approved for all audiences"?

My question exactly, some of the judgement made for rating videos is a bit wrong in my opinion.

The entire trailer is him doing practically the same thing over and over again, boring and could have been more effective if made short. Now the exclusive for Xbox360 is something to get interested about too!

daxterx2005:

If you're referring to Crash Bandicoot it's because the recent gamea are simply crap when compared to the classics, and when they're not compared, they're still crap. Radical just took the Crash license and did whatever they hell they wanted to. This resulted in the horrible mess that Crash is now (and Spyro).

God of War, however, was consistent and was always truthful to itself.

ChupathingyX:

daxterx2005:

If you're referring to Crash Bandicoot it's because the recent gamea are simply crap when compared to the classics, and when they're not compared, they're still crap. Radical just took the Crash license and did whatever they hell they wanted to. This resulted in the horrible mess that Crash is now (and Spyro).

At least you knew the name of the developers...
Thats more than I can say about 99% of Crash haters.
Their Argument is usually "Not Naughty Dog, Shit sucks!"

No one even plays the games or gives them chances...

daxterx2005:

ChupathingyX:

daxterx2005:

o rely what about uncharted 1&2 huh they are both selling pretty damn good Kratos went after GOW3
and also (i have to say this) that's where k

farq1414:

daxterx2005:

ChupathingyX:

o rely what about uncharted 1&2 huh they are both selling pretty damn good Kratos went after GOW3
and also (i have to say this) that's where k

Uh...re-read my post.
because you seem to be lashing out at me for something I didn't even say....

Looks good! Though I'm still not sure whether I want Mortal Kombat. I really like fighting games but I'm just so damned poor at them. The Super Smash series is the only one I can play well.

I wonder, what fighter does Mortal Kombat compare to. Soul Calibur? Street Fighter?

Raiyan 1.0:

Zachary Amaranth:

Raiyan 1.0:

I wasn't complaining about MK, I was bitching about DX3. MK is staying to its roots (and kudos to them), but DX3 isn't.

You don't have to use those attacks you know. You can still be subtle.

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES.

My first thought: "Isn't it a bit early for april fools?"

jonyboy13:

Kratos vs Raiden
I wonder who will winXDD

Why even ask. Its Kratos. the most overpowered character in fiction history until they somehow figure out how to clone 3 starkillers together :D

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here