Tales from the Table: Chapter 1: A Tale of Goblin Warriors

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT

I'm a DnD player and... meh. Better than the pilot, at least. Hopefully it picks up.

Why is there no like button? Why can't I just hit a button that let's everybody on The Escapist know that I liked this and everything.

PS, I lover her little crown and want one for my cats. They can share. Or fight over it!

As someone who has witnessed an actual game of D&D in the 80's - I want to congratulate the Aardvarks on Tales from the Table. This is really how it was. Different to the current high speed instant games that are around today - with amazing graphics and real time play. Weeks were spent in set up, character building - the action was incidental rather than pivotal. It was all about imagination. This also really funny and well done. Very clever. I love it - well done!

Remember - this is a fantasy game - I don't think the laws of physics really apply.

jackpipsam:
judging by the forest and voices... this is AUSSIE!

bout time we have an Aussie internet series

Yes - this is Australian. I agree - good to have some Aussie content

I like this show, it's fun. It was a bit wooden/forced, but maybe with time the cast learns to relax or act better. More please :)

I'm in the 'meh' camp on this one, and I'm an avid D&D nerd. Everything was fine except the writing/story. Very tired and overused. Make it a bit less rote and I'm in.

Better than "I Hit It With My Axe", is this a one-off thing, or what?

kickyourass:
Wow, that DM has way more patience then I do, by this point I probably would've punched somebody.

Huh, I would have run with the clone idea, it's actually very clever. Let's see, make them all level 1 sorcerers and have them throw out their spells as fast as possible, whithering them under a magical barrage until the main sorcerer appears for the 'final' battle. If needed I could bring in the 'real' one later if I'm having trouble coming up with an idea.

I liked it a lot! finally, A DND show I can relate to...

by that I mean one that isn't about strippers.

I thought this could be pretty cool. Unfortunately, I cannot stand to hear Australians butcher english, so this show isn't for me. Too bad.

monstersquad:
Unfortunately, I cannot stand to hear Australians butcher english

Butcher? Ouch! I can't work out if your comment is actually racist or not, or for that matter if I am offended. Nah, Jokes check out Barry McKenzie, always good for a laugh.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barry_McKenzie_Holds_His_Own

Loving the show guys, but I cant help but wish the episodes were only a little longer. Having DM'd for a group like this, and on many occasions been a player being silly, I can relate to this. Keep up the good work!

monstersquad:
I thought this could be pretty cool. Unfortunately, I cannot stand to hear Australians butcher english, so this show isn't for me. Too bad.

Are you yourself English?

phoenix352:
Doomsday Arcade season 2 please ...

A) There already was a season 2, as well as a season 3

B) That concluded, there is nothing else to continue it with

TwistedEllipsis:
Great costumes and the story-telling kind of reminds me of DM of the rings or Darth & droids...

Umm if the DM is from DM of the rings then he would've been annoyed and sent the sorcerer just for interupting his goblin army :p.

That was great, I quite enjoyed the episode.

I was interested until stereotype girl, and then back when sex queen DM showed up :P.

Brilliant costume design! I'm looking forwards to seeing more of this, good work guys.

(And it's always nice to see some more Australian content.)

Well done guys great work. Good on you Kate and the entire Aardvark gang.

All in all, felt very bland. I feel like the cliche RPG stereotype parody has been done, and this really doesn't do it any better or add much for twists.

Do you all remember Abraham Lincoln (THE most powerful sorcerer, ever?) This needs more of that. Less stupid, more towards crazy.

thelastone:

monstersquad:

Are you yourself English?

Oh god no, I'm Canadian. If it makes you feel any better, I can't stand to hear British people mangle english either, except for the Irish

monstersquad:
Oh god no, I'm Canadian. If it makes you feel any better, I can't stand to hear British people mangle english either, except for the Irish

Wait, your Canadian and you cant stand to hear British people speak English?

Tower 87:

monstersquad:

By no means am I proclaiming ignorance to the multitude of terrible Candian accents also. I'm related to people who speak bad Canadian, you just have to adapt to it when you encounter face to face in real life.

I've been DMing D&D for two decades and I've seen just about every gamer joke and stereotype there's been during that time - this still made me laugh. Ignore the 'meh' comments and make more of this - you guys are funny and the video was really well done. Love it and will be passing this on to my gaming group.......not least because they've just taken on a group of Goblins guarding a city gate. :)

Thanks for the vid!

PS - Hell, I'm posting links up on the WotC website. I'll bet there will be a positive reaction from RPGers not used to The Escapist's community. Computer gamers and RPG gamers often have different takes on things. I just happen to live in both camps.

monstersquad:

Tower 87:

monstersquad:

By no means am I proclaiming ignorance to the multitude of terrible Candian accents also. I'm related to people who speak bad Canadian, you just have to adapt to it when you encounter face to face in real life.

Wait wait wait. So... you just want to abolish the English language altogether?

This is the first thing on the Escapist that feels it's not created on the web. If it weren't for length, in sheer acting and professionalism, I'd mistake it for something on TV. Heck it's a better quality than lots of things on TV

I enjoy the writing, but I'm enjoying this more as a character thing almost, than a humour thing. The humour just helps enjoy the characters :D

So congrats. This is good enough that it really feels like it doesn't belong on the Escapist. A lot of Escapist series' are good but in a one-man kinda way, relying on Yahtzee hyperbole and the general wittiness of Paul and Graham etc... This just feels a lot deeper

EDIT: It seems to me that the meh comments are coming from people who tend to play a lot of DnD. I guess those people have seen and consumed a crudload of DnD media (there's been a lot of good stuff) and are feeling a bit oversaturated and the urge to be represented to the world more positively.

But that's just a thing, and there isn't a huge amount you can do about it, everyone else I'm sure is going to love this series :D

I really enjoy this series even though I dont play dnd and never have. infact is it even DnD they are playing? havnt herd them mention the name of the game they are playing.

I think the game they are playing is irrelevant and they are using this theme as a vessel to portray a story with interesting characters. People keep comparing this to 'the gamers' which i hadnt seen before. i watched the gamers, i was bored in the first minute. The two shows although similar in a way they are both completely different in pace, style, production value and writing. the gamers is definitely made for DnD players not the average man, whereas this can appeal to both i think.

I am really looking forward for the main story line to take off, i know its going to be epic!

Great work guys, really liked it!!

No robots in fantasy games? Clearly this guy has never heard of Tinkergnomes or Warforges. He's not a very good DM, LOL

I LOVE this show!!!!!

I especially love the amount of work they put into the character design and effects.

It's a really good way of selling the fantasy side of the show.

Can't wait to see more!

Tinq:
Why is there no like button? Why can't I just hit a button that let's everybody on The Escapist know that I liked this and everything.

Looks like your wish is the universe's command. Can you wish me up a Hugh Jackman please?

approved

I'm really liking these shows, keep up the bloody well done work!

I really laughed at the dancing robot.

Hey. Why is the female character all about boys and stuff. I thought that was a diva attitude. Are you telling me that even in the realm of geeks that's how most women think?
well crap, no wonder no one wants me to join their campaign if that is what they think I am going to be like. All we need now is for her to start doing her hair and asking if her butt looks big.
EDIT: I do really like it though. I want to make that clear. I am so happy that is not what our sessions are like. I do think we need to start dressing up though...

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here