Trailers: Rayman 3D Launch Trailer

Rayman 3D Launch Trailer

Jump into the world of Rayman with the updated Rayman 2 on 3DS.

Watch Video

Well, that looks surprisingly good.

I loved that game, but really? Another version of the same game, only now in nauseating 3D? Already have the DS version. Pass, thanks.

Why is ubisoft so intent on doing Rayman remakes when they should be doing Rayman sequels?

I know theres Rayman Origins but thats in Development Hell's admission lobby now.

Rayman 2 version 5.
No thanks.
Call me when Rayman Oigins is done.

They didn't even call it Rayman 2 3D. It's just Rayman 3D.

And like the world needed another port of this game. Ah well, that's Ubisoft for you I suppose.

jonyboy13:
Well, that looks surprisingly good.

Yeah. But it made me want to just grab my existing copy of Rayman 2 and play that again, not buy the new one. :p

I got this since I missed out on previous versions. The 3D effects are better than I feared and the slide pad control works brilliantly. The game is also good, though I did enter a boss fights that glitched on me so I had to restart the level.

I've recently bought it again through PSN, so thanks, but no thanks.

Instead about remaking the same game over and over like you're some Square-freakin'-Enix, howsabout you start working on Rayman IV? And none of that Raving Rabbids crap!

And yes, I know Rayman Origins is in the works. It looks pretty and all, but... I was thinking more down the line of three dimensions to move around in instead of two. Favorably combined with silly humor, but not THAT silly. (although I'm probably still gonna buy it)

I intend for this to be my launch title, and I've been put off by the lack of info and reviews on the game....it's almost as if the devs aren't confident in it.

Can anybody reccomend getting this game if I've never played any version of it before and don't own a PS3? I'm a huge fan of DK64 and Banjo-Kazooie/Tooie so this looks to be right up my alley.

Electrogecko:
I intend for this to be my launch title, and I've been put off by the lack of info and reviews on the game....it's almost as if the devs aren't confident in it.

Can anybody reccomend getting this game if I've never played any version of it before and don't own a PS3? I'm a huge fan of DK64 and Banjo-Kazooie/Tooie so this looks to be right up my alley.

i loved the game back on the n64 and it was good on the ds to, might be worth trying an emulated version for the n64 to see if tis you kinda thing dude.

that game was one of my all time greatest, when it was on the nintendo 64.
it's now on the iphone, pc, Ds and now the 3DS. not to mention the slightly altered version for ps2, in fact i'd rather play that, at least it would be something a bit different.

problems with a re-hash aside, i take issue with the trailer also,

"the DEEPEST Rayman expeience" only the deepest experience because Ubisoft haven't made a new true Rayman game since Rayman2, those rabbits can go to gaming hell. Now I can see the fact they're also using "DEEPEST" to hint at the 3D effect, but honestly who's going to use the 3D effect for longer than 10 minutes? it'll just end up being a serious pain for your eyes.

also at 0:50, thats the end boss fight, why would you put that in a trailer? one of the big things for me when i buy a new game is the feeling i get when i find something new, seeing the end boss fight would kinda spoil it for me, had this game been new to me, which it isn't, because i played it when i was 9.

Electrogecko:

if you loved those games then this is definatly for you, but dont buy a rehash of a game made 12 years ago, you can just get an emulator.

Arqus_Zed:

WHAT!? When did this happen!? Ah damn you america!!

I'm getting this game when it comes out (even though that'll be my 3rd port :P) - it was one of the first games I played, it brings back a lot of memories...

But Origins needs to come out on PC/3DS, or I will cry D:

Oof. Wow. Just got hit with some serious memories.

I loved that game on the N64, I never completed it though, it went ahead and broke ;_;

If I'm getting a 3DS sometime I'll get Rayman 2 and maybe be able to complete it xD

ciancon:

Arqus_Zed:

Uhmmm... What? This ain't America pal, this is Belgium.

America got Rayman 2 back in December 2008, but we European's got it last year in July.
You might wanna go check the PSN (unless Ireland was excluded from the list for some bizarre reason...)

Rayman? I thought the Raving Rabbids killed you?

Arqus_Zed:

ciancon:

Arqus_Zed:

America got Rayman 2 back in December 2008, but we European's got it last year in July.
You might wanna go check the PSN (unless Ireland was excluded from the list for some bizarre reason...)

PSN?!

I got my original PC version back in 1999 in Portugal. Waiting for origins now. They better port it for the PC.

I have the ds version so why should I buy it?1 its rayman 2. 2 i want to show to ubisoft i want true rayman and no more rabits.and 3 its rayman freaking 2 in my opinion it's the best 3d platformer ever.

Arqus_Zed:

ciancon:

Arqus_Zed:

Huh, whadyaknow! I wonder how that slipped by me... Thanks for letting me know about it, just bought it there.

I like remakes, because it gives me a chance to play games I've never played before!

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here