Unskippable: Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions

In which Stan Lee is again rolled out to lend it some credibility.

Watch Video

Hearing Stan Lee speak is just inherently funny, but you guys added to it. Well done sirs.

Nobody likes fighting Spiderman, except Deadpool. He's the only one that can match Spiderman's bantering skills.

Stan Lee can even make Mondays sound fun, but it's still a Monday. Same goes for this game.

Not bad, but I guess you can't get much comedic value out of incredibly poorly written cut scenes.

Pretty good overall. I think you guys making comments during it was the only thing that kept me from closing the video, cause that scene is just plain awful

Yeeerch.

I hope the developers of that game weren't expecting it to be enjoyed by anyone over the age of thirteen.

Damn, I love hearing Neil Patrick Harris Spidey-suited up.

As much as I enjoyed the story, the game part of the game failed, for me. Here's a laundry list of combos, but you're going to use three of them! And camera control? Uh, we decided it's best to give it to this hyperactive bee.

Where's my simple, one-button combat from Batman: Arkham Asylum?

Stan Lee sounds just a little too enthusiastic doing that narration. Ok Stan, time for your Valium.

HI, STAN LEE!!!

A dimension where Spidey is purple and orange!? NO, JUST NO.

So Mysterio wears his bizarre outfit even at his (rather tacky) apartment? Weird.

And Boyz II Manz? Don't give any potentially shitty musicians any ideas, guys.

By the way, I was actually expecting an April Fool's gag today.
Then again, this year, April Fool's Day isn't until Friday and I fail to see how one could top Final Fantasy XIII from last year.

Tomo Stryker:
Not bad, but I guess you can't get much comedic value out of incredibly poorly written cut scenes.

I dunno, bad writing can produce the best comedy. I'm a proponent of the "So bad it's good" belief.

Man, hearing Stan Lee's voice makes me want to play that really old Spiderman PS1 (and PC, I think) game. That game was terribly awesome.

Well Graham, spidey did tell him to think fast. You tend not to make the best decisions when you're relying purely on reflex. Still, Mysterio didn't seem too upset that the thing he tried to steal got broken.

For a supervillian, he sure does know how to look at things from the "glass half full" perspective.

But, but, you have to change it to Shattered Dimansions!

Offtopic:
Wha-- I have no clue.

Yes, Stan does sound like that all the time.

"Still snakes though, cause snakes are badass."

I died laughing

I'm using the final version of Firefox 4 on a Win7 64 machine and the HTML5 version doesn't work for me. Switched to flash and it works. All the other Escapist videos work in HTML5...

I'd like Mysterio to be a bit more... mystic. Is that too much to ask?

There does seem to be something off about having Mysterio after a genuine magical artifact, and Stan's voiceover was a bit overwrought.

is it amazing or what that just the other night the old spider-man show came on and one of the episodes was JUST LIKE THIS!!!

I MUST BE THE ORACLE!!!!

YAY! mysterio. I think this is the first Spiderman game i've seen him in ever lol.

Dude, the villain at the end just stepped out without knowing that he could fall. I find that pretty odd because I mean, if my suit produced fog then I wouldn't know if I could walk on it in thin air. Lol this game honestly throws me off, but that's cool. Nice review guys literally! :)

XxRyanxX:
Dude, the villain at the end just stepped out without knowing that he could fall. I find that pretty odd because I mean, if my suit produced fog then I wouldn't know if I could walk on it in thin air. Lol this game honestly throws me off, but that's cool. Nice review guys literally! :)

I dont see any problem with that I mean he tried it once with the snake, so the next logical step is to walk off a building.

Tankichi:
YAY! mysterio. I think this is the first Spiderman game i've seen him in ever lol.

I see you've never played spiderman 1 on the playstation.

Who is Madame Web? Like Paul I'm not 100% on my Spiderman knowledge.

Surprised you didn't point out how Mysterio waits until he gets kicked to use his rocket launcher, why not cobra illusion and while he's looking at it hit em with a rocket, easy as pie...

They really just don't even bother with the security measures anymore do they? If the glass can be removed just like that why bother, if you're worried about dust just wrap it in clingfilm or something.
I'm willing to bet they didn't even insure the damn thing.

leviadragon99:
There does seem to be something off about having Mysterio after a genuine magical artifact, and Stan's voiceover was a bit overwrought.

That's how Stan Lee ALWAYS is. I met him over the weekend at Megacon.

AssassinJoe:
Who is Madame Web? Like Paul I'm not 100% on my Spiderman knowledge.

Madame Web is a mutant Seer. She tries to guide Spider Man in useful ways to prevent the end of the world. She was born blind, and actually needs that machine to live. There's a lot more detail in there.

http://marvel.wikia.com/Cassandra_Webb_(Earth-616)

XxRyanxX:

An artifact that powerful seems to come with an instruction guide when you touch it. It's the only thing that makes sense.

klasbo:

You have a good point there. Which reminds me....
Does that mean they have to rename this to MANS? The Manly Manwork for Man Mans?

klasbo:

Offtopic:
Wha-- I have no clue.

What is this I don't even...?

Eternal_Lament:
Pretty good overall. I think you guys making comments during it was the only thing that kept me from closing the video, cause that scene is just plain awful

"Unskippable sucks except for the commentary."

lol.

XxRyanxX:

I write that one off to old age. Because of the fog, he didn't notice that the deck that was never there...wasn't there. Though maybe after his tirade he stops to wonder why he had to break the window to step out on the deck...and gravity kicks in.
That's All Folks!

Oh...and Excelsior!

Well done as always, True Believers.

Why is it that the artifact works better when it's broken?

huh...the game was aight but the story...forget it lol

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or