Unskippable: Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions

Pages PREV 1 2

Ren3004:
Damn, I love hearing Neil Patrick Harris Spidey-suited up.

I remember going through the game thinking "I know who that is....." and after I watched an episode of How I Met Your Mother Played like an hour more then sold it.

Is it a bad thing when the only thing that kept me playing a game was trying to guess the voice actor?

cairocat:

Eternal_Lament:
Pretty good overall. I think you guys making comments during it was the only thing that kept me from closing the video, cause that scene is just plain awful

"Unskippable sucks except for the commentary."

lol.

Glad I wasn't the only one thinking that. It's basically the whole point of most Unskippables. Take a terrible cutscene, and rip it apart...

Sometimes they do take good cutscenes as a basis, but that's harder to pull off well.

A little too much talking over the cheesy original dialogue, guys. VERY cheesy original dialogue. ...Actually, nevermind, we were probably better off not hearing it anyway.

something tells me you two dont like spiderman, seriously you kinder got me annoyed with the shots at spiderman, i suggest perhaps working on your material, you guys havent really made me laugh in a long time

So then what do we do with something like "24 Hours of Le Mans"? Do we have to make that "24 Hours of Le Men"?

"Incessant is the best kind of prattling." <-- a line that fully justifies all hate for the remainder of the cutscene.

HankMan:
Stan Lee can even make Mondays sound fun, but it's still a Monday. Same goes for this game.

Indeed. Once that intro's over....It's all over.

Perhaps the correct plural is Spiderpersons. Or Spideys. Spidii. Or Spinnemenschen.

Tomo Stryker:

klasbo:
But, but, you have to change it to Shattered Dimansions!

Offtopic:
Wha-- I have no clue.

What is this I don't even...?

Easy. It says "Matrix ansio." You guys miss the Super-Obscure Captcha seminar?

(I personally prefer the ones that sound like obscure magical catch-phrases. "herstobl possessio... Post!")

So, I guess Shattered Dimensions is the Spiderman Musical game adaption?

Thank you for reminding me why I stopped liking superheroes when I was a young kid -> We got cable so I could watch anything better than the limited Saturday morning 'toons! If it weren't for cable, I wouldn't have grown up on Bugs Bunny cartoons! :O

Called it on the narration; Stan Lee sounds like every page of the script also has a picture of a naked woman.

SelectivelyEvil13:
Stan Lee sounds like every page of the script also has a picture of a naked woman.

... and like he's picturing one.

BobDobolina:

SelectivelyEvil13:
Stan Lee sounds like every page of the script also has a picture of a naked woman.

... and like he's picturing one.

Stan Lee: So now our hero, Spidey, walks into the shaaaaadowy confines of the mysteeeeeerious temple where -- Jumping Jehoshaphat!

Spiderman: What? What narrator Stan Lee?!? Is it another evil villain slipping through the inter-dimensional warp?

Stan Lee: Boobies! Teehee!

Stan Lee sounded way too enthusiastic as if he tied up the game developers and forced them to create the game while he was high and saying random stuff.

Oh and nice one guys!

Why would you even say Spider-Men? Their name is Spider-Man.
That's like having someone who's last name is Herman and then seeing them with their family and calling them the Hermen. That's not right.

BobDobolina:

Tomo Stryker:

klasbo:
But, but, you have to change it to Shattered Dimansions!

Offtopic:
Wha-- I have no clue.

What is this I don't even...?

(I personally prefer the ones that sound like obscure magical catch-phrases. "herstobl possessio... Post!")

I am still looking for Oculat Larouche. However, I did find effirce Pontzen- obviously one of his minions~

WaderiAAA:
I'd like Mysterio to be a bit more... mystic. Is that too much to ask?

Then he'd be more like a lame Dr. Doom.

Wait... Mysterio can afford a Manahattan Skyscraper appartment, get himself a sweet costume and im pretty sure if he didnt work as a "super" villain, he could be a pretty damn succsessful magician..

So basically he already has th emoney to sustain himself and hes just a greedy and stupid pleb for going about trying to earn money the hard way when he has plenty of talent.

BobDobolina:

It wouldn't be super-obscure if I was there, now would it. ;)

Also, if Stan can make Mondays seem awesome, can he also do that with "Friday"? Is it even possible?

That game actually looks fun...

klasbo:

BobDobolina:

It wouldn't be super-obscure if I was there, now would it. ;)

Also, if Stan can make Mondays seem awesome, can he also do that with "Friday"? Is it even possible?

I think he'd need a whole team of Spiderpeople to pull it off. (Or Spiderdudes. Or Arachno-Americans.)

Distorted Stu:
Wait... Mysterio can afford a Manahattan Skyscraper appartment, get himself a sweet costume and im pretty sure if he didnt work as a "super" villain, he could be a pretty damn succsessful magician..

Well he was a magician granted a special effects magician but a magician nonetheless.

Just for future reference, Mysterio can fly without magic, has killer robots, can telleport, and use hallusinogenic gasses that even effect Spider-man. He is also a black-belt capable of going toe-to-toe with such heroes as Daredevil and his kicks are powerful enough to injure Spidy. Why do the videogames never get how awesome he is? He's more than just an illusionist, he's a high-tech super criminal.

Ahh, For ages I wrestled with wondering who the strange woman was in the spiderman cartoons that I could vaguely remember, lo and behold, here she is and all my questions... go unanswered it seems. Oh well.

Hero in a half shell:
Ahh, For ages I wrestled with wondering who the strange woman was in the spiderman cartoons that I could vaguely remember, lo and behold, here she is and all my questions... go unanswered it seems. Oh well.

Yeah, I never had a bloody clue who that woman was... and I still have no gods-damned clue who she is.

Well that was a interesting episode, nicely done guys! :D

individuals traveling to alternative dimensions and meeting different versions of themselves... are we sure this shouldn't be called Slider men?

Wow, I'm surprised. That was one of the stupider and more illogical cutscenes you guys have ever done. Wasn't expecting that.

I mean, when he just punched the tablet...what the hell was he thinking? He clearly went right for it, it's not like Mysterio held it up at the last second...that's just poor writing.

Forum screwed up. Accidental double post. Please delete.

Forum screwed up. Accidental triple post. Please delete.

Graham_LRR:
Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions

In which Stan Lee is again rolled out to lend it some credibility.

Watch Video

I prefer to use the plural of 'Spiders, Man.'

I loved the part about Mysterio's apartment not looking better... that should have been his first illusion... oh... and if his magic is only an illusion... how does he fly on his illusionary carpet?? Is he believing really hard in it? If someone watching him doesn't believe in it, will they see him walking? Is he really just walking? ...or falling? What happens when he hits the ground?

BTW, I disagree... the best part about Spiderman IS his one liners. :)

The only two cool things other than you guys doing the commentary for this was:

1: Stan Lee.

2: The different spider-guys in the different dimensions. They just seemed really cool and as if there was alot of design space there. Just poorly implemented. You know, because it's a spiderman game.

Pages PREV 1 2

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here