The Sims Medieval Review

Pages PREV 1 2

So does this game have a decent storyline? Or is it just a bunch of stupid mundane quests that really don't add up to anything?

I have a hard time believing the story will be interesting considering the sims don't speak english (or any real language for that matter).

Well, the bit about camera view definitely gives a new view on how Sauron fared as The Eye.
"Stupid orcs, get further away from the mountains...they aren't made of glass, you know!"
Either case, this game did catch my eye when I saw the trailer for it, but I think I am going to save my money. I still am not feeling all that confident that Sims 3 is about to deliver the fun that I do get from 2. Even if set in a medieval age.
Would be cool is if you did get Medieval, and also own Sims 3, then you get all the textures and such in Medieval that you can use on your ordinary(?) sims in 3. But this is EA we are talking about, here...

Someone like Tim Schafer needs to be working on this to be worth buying.

Phalene:
Oh my god. I just finished trying this game and it's absolutely ghastly. A boring click-fest, combining all the dull micromanagement of the Sims with none of the fun, playful sandbox part....

Oh man. That's EXACTLY how I felt when I played it. And I mean, exactly, right down to the word "ghastly." How did they manage to omit all of the parts I liked about The Sims 3 while simultaneously maintaining everything I hated about it?

Sabiancym:
So does this game have a decent storyline? Or is it just a bunch of stupid mundane quests that really don't add up to anything?

I have a hard time believing the story will be interesting considering the sims don't speak english (or any real language for that matter).

It is definitely a bunch of stupid mundane quests that don't add up to anything.

You're correct, they don't speak english, so instead we have huge pop-up text messages that constantly tell you about all the exciting adventurous things your Sims are ostensibly doing. Because, y'know, if you could actually SEE them doing anything, the game would be far too stimulating.

Pages PREV 1 2

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here