Trailers: Mass Effect 2: Arrival

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Mass Effect 2: Arrival

Strap back into your N7 armor for one final piece of DLC for Mass Effect 2.

Watch Video

I just wonder if it will spoiler or enhance the experience of Mass Effect 3.

Art Axiv:

Since I just completed it...I'm going to have to say "Both."

I won't spoil anything, but the end of the DLC has some pretty dire implications.

I just hope ME3 isn't centered around Earth. I don't care about Earth. I'm here to save the galaxy, not to play favorite with certain races.

Arrival is out? I'm going to have to run to the internet proof bunker to avoid spoilers I think. Damn being at the wrong house.

JeanLuc761:

Art Axiv:

Since I just completed it...I'm going to have to say "Both."

I won't spoil anything, but the end of the DLC has some pretty dire implications.

Ohhh now I definitely can't wait to get home.

More directly on topic: It's nice to hear Harbinger get a few more lines. "Assuming Direct Control" was wearing thin.

When I saw the 'Available Now' line, the sound I made was, I'll admit, something along the lines of; 'bzzt!'

Now if you will excuse me, I'm off to rush to my xbox. Tally ho.

Well now we know how The Reapers got to earth Dam it Sheppard!

RedEyesBlackGamer:
I just hope ME3 isn't centered around Earth. I don't care about Earth. I'm here to save the galaxy, not to play favorite with certain races.

Well considering the VGA 2010 trailer showed the Reapers razing London to the ground, I'd say that's where the game will end-up focusing it's attention.

gah double post (trying to delete)

It's so beautiful.

I am so happy

The more Mass Effect the better

Just beat it. All in all it was a decent DLC mission with some cool story developments. Not completely necessary for ME3, but cool in its own right. It was a bit too heavy on the combat side and some of the cutscenes were a bit buggy, though, I'd still recommend it.

holy hell i just got goose bumps and chills down my spine come on give me the DLC now!

Great tactics Bioware! Make a game with a pretty pointless story and then sell the actually for the overarching plot important events as DLC. That's how you make the money!

I finished it a couple hours ago and the beginning was my favorite part hands down, aside from the ending of it where my heart was racing for specific reasons, maybe I had the difficulty to high. As for that Last Stand achievement...Jesus Balls it was ridonkulous.

I will have to check that out!

For 560MSP I felt a little ripped off in accordance to the gameplay I got out of it. However, it's definitely worth checking out; the entire plot and foreshadowing gave me goosebumps.

The "Prepare yourselves for the arrival" quote near the end will be used in endles techno mixes now, probally the harder stuff. Its perfect to use as a sample.

Just throwing that out there

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUU-...I only have 500 MS points...I don't have money to buy more points ;_;

The DLC is more white corridor shooting and an ending that is the same regardless of what choice you make. I give it a score of "milking"

Team Hollywood:
Mass Effect 2: Arrival

Strap back into your N7 armor for one final piece of DLC for Mass Effect 2.

Watch Video

Final? I thought there was one more.

Boooring. Boring, boring, boring. THE REAPERS HAVE FOUND THE MAGUFFIN! ALL HANDS ON DECK, WE ARE BEING RAMMED BY THE MOST PREDICTABLE AND OBVIOUS PLOT TWIST IN THE HISTORY OF WRITING!

You know all those things you've done to keep the reapers from getting into our galaxy? Like, the entire reason for the other 2 games?

WELL FUCK YOU THEY'RE HERE ANYWAY

Brentpool:
For 560MSP I felt a little ripped off in accordance to the gameplay I got out of it. However, it's definitely worth checking out; the entire plot and foreshadowing gave me goosebumps.

Almost every DLC is 800 MSP. That's a deal no matter what.

HerbertTheHamster:
The DLC is more white corridor shooting and an ending that is the same regardless of what choice you make. I give it a score of "milking"

Believe it or not, some people actually enjoy the action parts of an Action RPG.

AHHHHHHHHHHH!

I nearly jizzed.

And I'm normally not that crass, but I seriously LOVE Mass Effect. I wonder if the Council will believe in the Reapers now?!?!

poiumty:
Boooring. Boring, boring, boring. THE REAPERS HAVE FOUND THE MAGUFFIN! ALL HANDS ON DECK, WE ARE BEING RAMMED BY THE MOST PREDICTABLE AND OBVIOUS PLOT TWIST IN THE HISTORY OF WRITING!

You know all those things you've done to keep the reapers from getting into our galaxy? Like, the entire reason for the other 2 games?

The ME3 Trailer kinda made that clear.

So if Harbinger is in there, does that mean you can't play this post final mission? Because the only save I have with an as yet uncompleted playthrough is my Hardcore save which I am NOT playing this on.

ciortas1:
The trailer looks terrible, so...

I hope this crashes and burns.

What the HELL was that from? Streetfight cartoon!?

Somehow, I don't think you'll be able to stop them.

HG131:

poiumty:

You know how sometimes, in some stories, all the pieces fall together and reveal the carefully-wrought consequence to your actions? You know how some turns of events are just flat-out unpredictable and so complex that they leave you thinking for a lot more time than you spent playing the game?

And then there's Mass Effect. All that shit about the Citadel being the only entry to the galaxy from deep space? Nah dawg, here's the convenient plot portal and access to ALL OF THE RELAYS. ALL OF THEM.

EDIT: now if you'll excuse me, i got 4 characters waiting.

Oh man, oh man, sound's like that Shepard boy's got himself into a whole mess of trouble, and if he doesn't stop the Reapers in this mission, then the entire earth's gonna be wiped out. Does that mean that if I don't buy this DLC, then ME3 is just gonna be one long funeral?

This is just stupid. They already wasted the Shadowbroker's potential for a quick buck and now they're adding in a mission that pretty much supersedes the ENTIRE PLOT of ME2? Christ, EA, give it a rest, why don't ya?

Incidentally, I still hate EA with every fiber of my being for the convoluted Cerberus Network, which still refuses to work for me.

poiumty:

HG131:

poiumty:

You know how sometimes, in some stories, all the pieces fall together and reveal the carefully-wrought consequence to your actions? You know how some turns of events are just flat-out unpredictable and so complex that they leave you thinking for a lot more time than you spent playing the game?

And then there's Mass Effect. All that shit about the Citadel being the only entry to the galaxy from deep space? Nah dawg, here's the convenient plot portal and access to ALL OF THE RELAYS. ALL OF THEM.

EDIT: now if you'll excuse me, i got 4 characters waiting.

It makes sense.
The Citadel was their Plan A, Shepard screwed that up so now they just follow Plan B.
Instead of teleporting instantaneously into the galaxy, they go on foot if you will, travelling at FTL speeds toward the galaxy. And as soon as they've reached one Relay they can just jump to wherever, just as anyone else. This takes them longer but ultimately gets the job done.
Harbinger even calls Shepard an annoyance in the DLC, because that's all he is so far. And even now with

they'll still be there eventually, they've just been delayed for another couple of months/years

So, I wouldn't say the other 2 games were pointless.

..I need to go turn on my Xbox 360 and download this now.

Excuse me, gentlemen.

I'm gonna have to get this today... :o

the idea is stupid, if the reapers actualy get in galaxy then we should just be fucked, that should be bad ending since they know how our tech works and how our transportation works and they can just shut down most of it but now, Ill bet money that when me3 comes out we will find a stupid magical I WIN button that destroys them all

Android2137:
Final? I thought there was one more.

This is what it says on their site -

Mass Effect Arrival, the final DLC for Mass Effect 2, is now available for the PC and Xbox 360. It will be available later today for the Playstation 3.
A deep cover agent is missing in Batarian space, after reporting evidence of an imminent Reaper invasion. Shepard must travel to the edge of the galaxy, rescue the agent, and discover the truth behind the Arrival.

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Your account does not have posting rights. If you feel this is in error, please contact an administrator. (ID# 60837)