Daily Drop: Kinder Egg

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Kinder Egg

Rhymes with "tender leg."

Watch Video

What a waste :(

That is a good drop but it left me wondering 'what is a Kinder Egg? What is that inside of it?'
Time for some research!

so what lame toy did you get?

Vanbael:
That is a good drop but it left me wondering 'what is a Kinder Egg? What is that inside of it?'
Time for some research!

some good olde research as informed me that they have never sold them in the states because there is a toy in the middle of something that was edible.
you weird americans!

Huh crazily enough I'm actually eating a 4 pack of those right now; because I'm fat...DON'T JUDGE ME!

Anyways interesting to see.

Alirght, I'll bite, what was the prize?

Ha I used to be obsess with those! Did you put that in the fridge or something? Since the last time I accidently drop my it didn't make that glass type of sound. So what toy did you get?

Now I want one.

NOOOOOOO!
How could you?!
Heretics!
Such awesome candy... wasted.

You have hinges on your kinder eggs?!!? Here in blighty we have to wrestle them open with a combination of teeth and upper body strength!

Also: more chocolate smashing! That was cool!

dex-dex:

Vanbael:
Time for some research!

some good olde research as informed me that they have never sold them in the states because there is a toy in the middle of something that was edible.
you weird americans!

We prefer to get our food toys from cereal boxes, not stomach pumps.

HankMan:

dex-dex:

Vanbael:
Time for some research!

you weird americans!

We prefer to get our food toys from cereal boxes, not stomach pumps.

LOLZ!
I miss getting kick ass things in cereal boxes and not just codes to stuff.

whoa, it's like a jack-in-the-box! except more like cheap-plastic-thing-in-the-dropped-chocolate-egg. so, not really at all like a jack-in-the-box

I've often heard of these, but being in the states I've never actually eaten one. I'd like to, though.

I also want to know what your crappy toy was.

Murderers!

..Why does a plastic capsule and some chocolate make that kind of noise?

Heh, it's been a long time since I last had one of those...

Damn, i was really hoping the plastic eggthing might open and release the magic within!!!
By that i mean cheap plastic toy-thingy.
But still, I'm pretty sure you just violated one of the ten rules or whatnot The Bible has: Thou shall not waste chocolate. Or something like that.

To everyone who wants to know what the toy will be: Seems like that the next Daily Drop will feature the toy.

Most of the time you get either some collectible figurines made out of some sort of hard plastic, or something that requires assembly, like a toy car or aeroplane or some weird looking thing that makes no sense

You can tell they are Canadian. They are banned in America becuase of the chocking hazard. They are fine in he rest of the world were kids don't shovel the thing whole into their mouths.

What the shell, that poor egg

dex-dex:
so what lame toy did you get?

It appears to have survived. Now a days, I'd rather have the chocolate.
They used to have really cool toys in those things... back in the 80s.

Poisoned Al:
You can tell they are Canadian. They are banned in America becuase of the chocking hazard. They are fine in he rest of the world were kids don't shovel the thing whole into their mouths.

At first I didn't believe you until I found a US Government site that confirmed it:
http://www.cbp.gov/xp/cgov/newsroom/highlights/kinder_eggs.xml

I used to love em!
I'd upload photos of the toys but I sorta skated over them when I got bored.

Well, that was quite the *put on the sunglasses* surprise. If you do a Caburry egg though, I don't care what the real sound is, you must dub in "Goo"

This reminds me of the eggs from the .Hack games.

You know, bloody egg, amateur egg, golden egg, ect.

Fun games...

DuelLadyS:
I've often heard of these, but being in the states I've never actually eaten one. I'd like to, though.

Thats right, they were banned in the states because moron kids were eating them without realizing they were just shells right?
The candy is good, but the toys are shitty.

dex-dex:

Vanbael:
Time for some research!

you weird americans!

But we do sell them here in the states, I got them quite frequently when I was younger. They never did taste as good as the ones my grandmother sent me from Germany though. Or have nearly as many sweet toys!

Ah, nostalgia...

I think you should have dropped the toy in side as an extra.

Wish we knew what toy you guys got from that drop. D:

I think tomorrow's drop is going to be jellybeans maybe. :D

Candy of my childhood.

Now, im probably the only one feeling this, but with all the troubles this world has, like hunger and poverty and that sort of stuff, shouldn't we not be dropping food an luxury items like chocolate on the floor for entertainment purposes? I know, its minor and one chocolate egg and occasional jar of icky cabbage isn't going to make any difference, but it just seems wasteful.

Smeagol150:

dex-dex:

Vanbael:
Time for some research!

you weird americans!

But we do sell them here in the states, I got them quite frequently when I was younger. They never did taste as good as the ones my grandmother sent me from Germany though. Or have nearly as many sweet toys!

I don't think you can get them in the States anymore, if there was a time when you could. You probably were able to buy the Kinder Surprise through import stores, but since 1997 the FDA has ordered a recall of all Kinder eggs. Recently, a Canadian woman had her Kinder egg seized at the border and was asked to pay a $300 fine. They are serious business because of an FDA ruling that you cannot completely embed non-edible objects inside of candy because of the choking hazard presented to children under 3.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kinder_Surprise

http://www.canada.com/life/Kinder+Surprises+Banned/2353187/story.html

dex-dex:

Vanbael:
Time for some research!

you weird americans!

Hence our guide to the pronunciation. I was afraid people would think it was an egg that was more kind than another.

DuelLadyS:

I have only had one due to the fact that my uncle often travels outside of the states and brings back all sorts of chocolate and stuff. The chocolate is good but the toy is low quality and, as you could probably tell, very small.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here