Zero Punctuation: Dragon Age II

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 NEXT

Dragon Age II

This week, Zero Punctuation reviews Dragon Age II.

Watch Video

Video is broken guys. Or is it just the HD?

Can't say this isn't true.
Great review!

well its about damn time! ah
and yeah that goldfish racism was just aweful.
also you should have gone with then name 'hudson hawk' it never gets old

Nikolaz72:
Video is broken guys. Or is it just the HD?

Same here. I need my fix MAN!

I was honestly expecting a bigger rant on the dungeon recycling.

this is pretty much exactly what i thought. do you need a young boy ward to go on adventures with you?

If your last name is Hawke, you must choose the first name of "Hudson".

I'm having an issue with the video, is it making an odd buzzing sound every now and then (noticed around 3:20 til 4:00) or is it my speakers?

I kept having to pause thinking my fan was clogged

Seems like they want to kill this game off

I wanted to hear him yell at everyone for being idiots about hyping and satanizing the game.

It was broken for me at first but after some f5's it worked

personally I kind of liked how you didnt have some huge world ending plot and it was more about your life.... altho they certainly could have done a better job at that and the endless baddies did get old, I mean you would think at least the dogs would have some self preservation instinct

Heh, that was a pretty good one, I'll not get into this game, as I wasn't really all that interested in it anyways. Especially if there's no cohesive story either.

Oh thank god. If it was good I would have to go back and play the first installment which I skipped despite all the praise I tried to ignore.

Glad I didn't waste $60 on this. Funny, higher the PC games cost the worse they are. Bulletstorm was the only $60 PC game I've seen that was actually worth it.

that was actually quite funny, bravo yahtzee :-)

Just a quick note: Your surname was also static in Dragon Age Origins. If you played a human noble your surname was always Cousland, if you played human mage your surname was always Amell (and you'd be the cousin of Hawke in DA2 to be technical).

Kheapathic:
I was honestly expecting a bigger rant on the dungeon recycling.

I didn't. Yahtzee tries to mention things that other people don't. Critical Miss and everyone else is ranting about the recycling to the point where I'm almost ready to rip my ears off and tell people to get some originality in their life.

If the backlash is any indication, "knobbing off" would not have been the most popular subtitle for this game...

I'm guessing I'm the only one who got the Daily Mail reference?

Everything he said here was true, but it was also what I liked about the game. I prefer a story that's just about some Refugee guy who's life is fucked up and gets a few lucky breaks and then makes a name for himself. Why does it have to be more? Why must the fate of EVERYTHING EVER constantly rest on THE ONE LAST HOPE OF EVERYTHING EVER? Okay, so if every story was about some random guy trying to make it in the world we'd get bored, but I thought DAII was a nice refreshing perspective. There was no good or evil, just several displaced political groups and a desperate need for some coin.

Anyone else hearing this weird woodpeckerish sound in the background?

Btw "Mike Hawke." Say it out loud in the library.

I was hoping for cyrsis 2 (sorry I cant spell.) Still a nice vid.

I would totally play Dragon Age: Gobbing Off

Just saying.

Not much of a story...

But I liked how the rogue actually did flips and shit. I can't recall another RPG that had rogues that actually felt nimble.

I thought I'd hate the new combat. It's actually the only reason I keep playing...

yahtzee can hardly resist gay jokes as it is (Gears of War, Army of Two) this game was too easy to slack off for that.
Also, it does reek of a dumbed down cash-in

How about Dragon Age: Yaoi?

DRINK POTIONS YOU DAMN IDIOTS!
"Oh no, I really shouldn't"
Thank God I played a mage so I could see what the others were doing.

Not enough ranting though still a great episode.

I totally agree with most of this, though i still enjoyed the game. The combat itself was pretty fun, going back to dragon age one seemed really slow. Still it wasn't much more than wade in as he said.

The game did look nice and the style the story was told in was interesting, but it was pretty bland otherwise with all the recycled environments.

Silk_Sk:
Anyone else hearing this weird woodpeckerish sound in the background?

Btw "Mike Hawke." Say it out loud in the library.

Clever. And here I only thought that worked with the last name "Hunt"

hurricanejbb:
If your last name is Hawke, you must choose the first name of "Hudson".

Nah... Stringfellow Hawke is where it's at.

Not as full of bile as i thought it'd be. I'm actually happy there was none of the "BIOWARE HAS BETRAYED ME" rant but then again Yahtzee doesn't do those.

Also, Yahtzee: play stuff like this on a PC. It's 10 times easier to not get your mages killed.

I went with "Mike Hawke" for my characters name. That never got old for me. I did it with rouge chick.

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here