Miracle of Sound: Age of the Dragon (Dragon Age 2 Song)

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 NEXT

Dragonforce525:

JourneyThroughHell:
Well, lookie at that.

I might not care much for the game, but that chorus was quite shockingly good.

How did you just make rock perfectly fit the fantasy setting? Masterful.

I take it you don't listen to much Power Metal.

I'll assume you are corret, even though I don't know what bands represent that.

JourneyThroughHell:

Dragonforce525:

JourneyThroughHell:
Well, lookie at that.

I take it you don't listen to much Power Metal.

I'll assume you are corret, even though I don't know what bands represent that.

If you can be bothered just youtube Emerald Sword, it's a song by Rhapsody, that's pretty much Power Metal in a nutshell.

Dragonforce525:

If you can be bothered just youtube Emerald Sword, it's a song by Rhapsody, that's pretty much Power Metal in a nutshell.

Yeah, the only thing I heard resembling that is Through the Fire and Flames by Dragonforce at the end of Guitar Hero III.

Not familiar with the genre pretty much at all.

Where the hell do they have all the cool CGI from?

Great music man! Good song with very complex harmonies. We want MOAR!

Fantastic! I'm really excited about this and I hope it becomes a regular update. Hopefully it won't end up being the exact same song with different lyrics every week like Rebecca Mayes Muse ended up being.

Not bad.
What happened to Rebecca Mayes?
Not that I liked her videos, but she was gone so suddenly and silently I just wonder ;)

CommanderKirov:

Don't press start on the title menu and it plays!

DeepwellBridge:
Great music man! Good song with very complex harmonies. We want MOAR!

Glad you dig it and that you noticed the harmonies. I like when people notice the effort that goes into the little details like that :)

Kenjitsuka:
Not bad.
What happened to Rebecca Mayes?
Not that I liked her videos, but she was gone so suddenly and silently I just wonder ;)

Her Christmas song was her last. Well last here at least. Not too sure why she left though.

MiracleOfSound:

CommanderKirov:

Don't press start on the title menu and it plays!

I just wish that they had more CGI for you to work with. Re-using the same scenes seemed pretty silly to me. But again, its not like you had much to work with...

Irridium:

I just wish that they had more CGI for you to work with. Re-using the same scenes seemed pretty silly to me. But again, its not like you had much to work with...

Yeah there is only one scene in the whole game, and it's not even in the actual game. Prob won't be an issue for other vids!

This is just an awesome song. I find myself listening to it over and over. I'm going to buy it just so I can listen to it in places where I don't have the internet. I'll get "Commander Shepard" too while I'm at it. I look forward hearing to more epic songs from you.

Awesome! It's great you've got a slot on the Escapist now! The've been needing some new great shows for a while now :P

After checking out the rest of your work on YouTube, I can say that this beats the other Escapist music show anyday. And that "Muses" show was not realy bad. It's just this is plain amazing music.

Almost perfect timing accompanied by quite excellent blending of different instrumental numbers...

Although if I would have one complaint is that your vocal range seems slightly limited, is this so or will you perhaps shock us in the future videos?

Anyway, another great catch for you Escapist. And yet another bi-weekly segment I'm going to be addicted to.

MiracleOfSound:
Age of the Dragon (Dragon Age 2 Song)

The Dragon Age 2 Song. Music and Lyrics by MiracleOfSound (Gavin Dunne). Video by The Escapist

Watch Video

Dude u got ur own show? Thats awesome! I remember back when yall did Gordon Freeman Saved my life. Good stuff dude keep it up!

This is awesome! It reminds me of the theme tunes you used to get on saturday morning cartoons XD

JourneyThroughHell:
Well, lookie at that.

Yeah, I really dislike Dragon Age II, but this is just brilliant.

MiracleOfSound:
Age of the Dragon (Dragon Age 2 Song)

The Dragon Age 2 Song. Music and Lyrics by MiracleOfSound (Gavin Dunne). Video by The Escapist

Watch Video

Purchased the song on your Bandcamp site today. Keep up the good work! :D

Loved your Commander Shepard song, love this one just as much. Not only rockin songs, but brilliant lyrics lol. Keep up the awesome work.

[quote= Glad you dig it and that you noticed the harmonies. I like when people notice the effort that goes into the little details like that :)[/quote]

It helps when you go to music school:) Like the bitonality in the instrumental bridge section. e minor and G sharp minor at the same time = a rocking good time.

"Fight for you values and fight for your friends!" is a really silly refrain, but I'm still coming back to this song because it has a catchiness that simply will not relent.

I love your music! I'll be listening to this one for quite some time.

Where can I download this? I would pay legitimate money for this.

This song almost scrubbed away the memories of how goddamn lacklustre the game is, that takes some doing- Im gonna be following these fervently.

Decent song, but you need more respect for the bass guitar. That is what will give the whole thing some fullness. Not just a mirror of the Guitar but its own bas line to cary the main groove. Good work though.

It's available on iTunes, FYI :)

I haven't eaven played dragon age but I can't stop singing this song. Good job!

A hero named Cock.
u mad?

ffian1:
I can't say I enjoyed this very much at all...

It's not even a stylistic clash or anything, I just thought it was pretty poor, personally. I appreciate what you're doing, but I found it lacking in any sense of character. There's nothing musically there that I wouldn't be able to get from hundreds of other people already.

That said, it does seem I'm in the minority, so well done for that

Since I'm a lyrics guy and not musically inclined, I also felt something similar just with the lyrics. They are actually really corny, and there is little substance in them. If I wanted epic lyrics there are variety of Scandinavian metal bands that do much better bard-like songs.

However, by the end of the song I found myself singing the chorus. I must say that while musically they aren't great, they really did manage to capture the feeling of DA2, both directly (as in the thing is written like a story from a bard) and indirectly (the actual themes of the game). Similarly with their Minecraft video. The music is not that great, the lyrics are uninspired, but even then it tags at your heart and LITERALLY got me to play Minecraft.

That was spectacular.

Nice anthemic rock, excellent lyrics - keep up the good work and I hope to see (and listen to) more of these soon! :)

Balls out!

so epic!

Oh jeez that was so epic, gave me chills. I just wanna go and start up DA2 right this instant. But I have to finish Awakening first. Chronological order and all that jazz. :C

Where can I get a mp3 of this, I want it as my ringtone.

Fortesque:
Where can I get a mp3 of this, I want it as my ringtone.

On Bandcamp.com or Itunes :)

Good artwork, really well done.

But "fight for your values and fight for your friends"? My friends sure, I played nice with them and no one betrayed me no matter what. But my values? Heck I played a mage and the ending sucked so much that I feel betrayed to the core. The final fight I was thinking "For what the heck I am fighting for? Almost everyone is **** and all was a ***." The only reason I keep fighting was because my friends followed me and I was responsible for get them out alive, but all the way I was thinking: "Man I want to die, I was so wrong."

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here