Stolen Pixels #247: Her Price Is Right

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 NEXT

HE'S BACK! or is he...
but still...that made me laugh out loud more than once...oops. well it's funny cuz it's true!

starting with this one
"If your significant other is worth less than thirty British pounds, I think a slightly rude advertisement is the least of your problems."

What is with everyone suggesting that Shamus "disappeared" from the Escapist? You all do know that he writes the "Experienced Points" column here, right? The last one of those went up like six days ago - plus he's been part of the "roundtable discussion" of the Extra Consideration feature for the last several updates.

I hope you still make this Shamus welcome back

Yaaaaaay, Shamus is back!

Wow, it's been too long.

I liked the text better than the actual comic, but it was good nonetheless.

Hurrah for Shamus

Sparrow:
Oh hoh hoh, if that was a joke about the English fuckuppery of the banking system and our downfall into a recession... screw you, bro! If not, this was not nearly as smart enough as to my liking. Hah! Worm your way out of THAT one!

And yet, our money is still worth more than theirs.

Err Shamus... Do I really need to point out that > $, thereby making the joke nonsensical?

Stolen Pixels is back! Yay! Me happy.
Also, great comic.

Okay, it implies that the reader has a girlfriend, which omits married dudes, straight women, half of the guys in prison, and all priests.

It also omits gamers. Ba-dum tssshhhhh!

P.S. Thanks

I maintain that the ad suggests that the proposed girlfriend is "cheap" per default, and the wonder if the pricing on this game is that it is somehow even "cheaper" than that.
So excuse me while I still think it's a travesty of a campaign.

Welcome back, Shamus. We missed you.

NOW GET BACK TO WORK! :D

My girlfriend is cheaper than 30. She costs nothing because she's imaginary. I wonder if I can get games for free using that logic.

Okay, it implies that the reader has a girlfriend, which omits married dudes, straight women, half of the guys in prison, and all priests.

And gay dudes.

Yay! He's back!

Just to point out though, even though both of our economies our down the gutter, British Pounds are still worth more than US Dollars. A $60-$70 game costs 40-50 here. And a new PC game costs 30.

I'm still waiting for you to finish the New vegas comic

YEEEEEEEEEEES!

It's back.

Good. I missed the funny side of Shamus.

*grasps onto Shamus's leg*

DON'T LEAVE US AGAIN!

Of course, it implies that Pounds Sterling was a crap currency. It isn't: Euros are.

YAY Stolen Pixles is back!!!

Welcome back Shamus!

DeadlyYellow:

Irridium:
YES! Stolen Pixels is back!

Unless this is just some clever April Fools joke... I know your train of thought...

Please. It's not like he has a one track mind.

OT: Sure beats my $1.99 a minute joke I made when I saw the article on the Escapist.

Oh god. I thought I'd seen the light at the end of the tunnel and escaped the puns. Turns out it was a train.

You two are close to getting express tickets to a kick in the caboose.

imnotparanoid:
About fucking time You bastard!
No offence :P

I agree. About flipping time!!!!

Yay stolen pixels is back. Had me worried their for awhile dude.

The return of Stolen Pixels!! YAY!

*fires gun into the air*

Welcome back, Stolen Pixels!

You were surely missed.

I don't get the panel.

What currencies are more valuable than 1 GBP?

Ninjariffic:

DeadlyYellow:

Irridium:
YES! Stolen Pixels is back!

Unless this is just some clever April Fools joke... I know your train of thought...

Please. It's not like he has a one track mind.

OT: Sure beats my $1.99 a minute joke I made when I saw the article on the Escapist.

Oh god. I thought I'd seen the light at the end of the tunnel and escaped the puns. Turns out it was a train.

You two are close to getting express tickets to a kick in the caboose.

You people obviously have training at this.

But seriously, we don't want this thread to go down the wrong track. Though I'm a-freight that might not happen...

Hasn't this run out steam yet?

Who Dares Wins:
STOLEN PIXELS FUCK YEAH!!! And it's not an April Fools joke.

Actually I kinda think it is. English Pounds are some of the highest worth coinage around, so having it suddenly become Pounds would increase it's worth. So how does making it's cost go up make it suddenly cheaper than your girlfriend?

BTW welcome back Shamus!

No, I think the offensive part comes from the fact that it implies that the reader is such a loser that he has to pay off his girlfriend. You must really by ballsy if you think you can sell something by insulting your target market.

88chaz88:
Err Shamus... Do I really need to point out that > $, thereby making the joke nonsensical?

You should point that out to Travis. But he's probably drunk.

Yay! Stolen Pixels is finally back! I missed it. :3

As soon as I saw stolen pixels back up "I will survive" started repeating in my head. That said awesome to see it back.

Yay! Viva la Stolen Pixels!
Now do New Vegas Part 2!

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook