Escape to the Movies: Super Mario Bros. (Rough Cut)

Pages PREV 1 . . . 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 . . . 17 NEXT

Btw Bob, the intro piece where you said you got special accommodation as a game-culture movie critic rang especially believable. You'd deserve the recognition.

Ah, Samuel Jackson as Master Hand
I'm sold on it:D

Clever.
I award you no points for your efforts.

Matthew Wilson:
Damn it Bob, it took me all of 3 minutes to realise you were pulling an April Fools joke.

lol pretty much this. I didnt realize until the Nick Fury reference. Kudos Bob

Well if they really wanted a gritty SMB movie all they would have to do is buy there will be brawl from this site.

Well played joke overall bob.

Dang it. He had me going there for a minute.

Why is Luigi often referred to as Mario's older brother? I always thought he was the younger (even though taller) brother. You know, because if he was the younger brother, it would make sense he was player two.

Funny stuff, Bob.

5:13

...Fuck.

I want this made. Now.

This was in so bad its good terriorty after the 1:00 mark, and by 3:00, it was in "so bad its freaking awesome".

Makesx me wonder how a smash bros game with an actuall good story would be.

I dunno, Bob, it sounds kinda iffy to me. I think what the movie's missing is Toad, possibly played by Jay Chou. He could kind of follow Mario & Luigi around, kicking all kinds of ass for them while Mario takes the credit. I think that kind of comedy would make this the blockbuster hit it deserves to be!

Ok. Ya got me.

The second you said "Mongolia" I knew it was an April Fools Joke

Pretty funny Bob, pretty funny, esspecially since we all know that if anything like this actually did happen, you'd immediatly fire up the doomsday machine you've probably got laying around.

i gotten in the habit of not even sitting in front of the computer on april first, but in serious sites like these you can smell the jokes from a mile away (like the DNF review from yathzee)

I'm ashamed to say I didn't really get it until.. well I think it was when he mentioned "5D"..
I keep forgetting the day.

I hate April Fools Day.

I did, however, get a kick out of "Dwayne The Rock Johnson as 'Don Keikong.'"

HAHA funny april fools Bob. Though I not sure of Ke$sha as princess peach I'm pretty sure her "cake" isn't just for mario

Believed it up until it said 5D then it clicked in my mind that its april first. I thought that I was going to get thought the entire day with ought being fooled as well.

I did not realize it was a joke until I noticed it was April 1, I keep forgetting and getting fooled :(

You had fun with this, didn't you?

Happy April First! Ign did it better tough...

Kind of a weak joke. Better than most of the others this year though ...

Wow that seems like good movie *reads above comments*

god dammit, it was an April fools joke!

All the Italian stereotypes of Mario with the Guido stereotypes of The Situation, clearly not a protest for Italian-American dignity waiting to happen.

The sad thing is this may be an April Fools joke but this sounds exactly like something that Hollywood would greenlight, I mean, the original Super Mario Bros. exists, doesn't it?

I would see F to the Zero in a heartbeat.

I actually thought he was gonna review the original but make it seem like a new movie, once I realised he wasnt each obvious joke or reference became slightly painful but also funny to an extent

Ahahah ah ha ha ha ha , oh god, reading this thread is almost as funny as the actual video, I still can't beleive that it was 5-D that broke people's suspension of disbelief. Not Bob getting a special accommodation, not the Nintendo Movie division, not Michel Bay and "Wommy Tisaeu", but "5-D".

I love humanity.

I can't believe I almost fell for it. Either you are shrewd or I am tired.

The_root_of_all_evil:
); .hguoht dne eht sdrawot ylthgils os-reve tniop eht gnihcterts neeb evah thgim uoY .semit 3 duol tuo hgual em gnikam yb elcabed CP eht rof uoy evigrof I ,boB

Yeah, just a little bit. Or y'know, WAY too much. This would have been a great gag, and halfway believable if you'd omitted:

1) 5D
2) "Is it some kind of holiday or something"
and finally
3) "April Fools"

Seriously, we're big boys, you don't have to be so worried we won't get it.

Zechnophobe:

The_root_of_all_evil:
); .hguoht dne eht sdrawot ylthgils os-reve tniop eht gnihcterts neeb evah thgim uoY .semit 3 duol tuo hgual em gnikam yb elcabed CP eht rof uoy evigrof I ,boB[/right]

Yeah, just a little bit. Or y'know, WAY too much. This would have been a great gag, and halfway believable if you'd omitted:

1) 5D
and finally
3) "April Fools"

Considering there are people in this very thread who very nearly didn't get it, I think you're overestimating here.

yoshi aint in it, its gonna be garbage! but man F to the Zero looks SWEET!! XD

AC Drawings:

Zechnophobe:

The_root_of_all_evil:
); .hguoht dne eht sdrawot ylthgils os-reve tniop eht gnihcterts neeb evah thgim uoY .semit 3 duol tuo hgual em gnikam yb elcabed CP eht rof uoy evigrof I ,boB[/right]

1) 5D
and finally
3) "April Fools"

Considering there are people in this very thread who very nearly didn't get it, I think you're overestimating here.

The point I was making isn't "Everyone will figure it out" but rather "It is okay if not everyone figures it out right away." The more people who respond for instance, in this thread who didn't get it, makes it that much funnier for everyone else.

I have been keeping my eye on this film for a while. I can't wait! The Smash Bros. Initiative sounds like it'll make cinematic history.

Happy April Fish day!

If I did the credits, instead of the colorful words of "April Fools" in bold, I would've used the clip from your Chronicles of Narnia review showing Jesus saying the words "Gotcha".

I liked this, especially having the new Marvel film continuity reference. Though... Gary Oldman, huh? Also, does anyone see Tyler Parry as a certain transgender prostitute or a big feminine fisherman named Bertha? :D

Matthew Wilson:
Damn it Bob, it took me all of 3 minutes to realise you were pulling an April Fools joke.

Have you been tested by a clinical psychologist? I think the picture that you click on to see the video would be a dead giveaway. You know, the one with The Rock, Chris Katan, and the guy from Jersey Shore?

Seriously, what happened to all of the subtle April Fools jokes? Are people really that stupid nowadays? Were pranksters so afraid that stupid people will get offended when tricked that they decided to dumb everything down? The only one that got me excited was the Kinect StarCraft one, but as soon as I started watching the video I immediately realized that it was a joke.

Not gonna lie, I didn't know this was an April Fool's Day joke until the "Not the Room" part.

I don't feel dumb though, because this April Fool's Day has been so dull that I completely forgot it was today.

Pages PREV 1 . . . 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 . . . 17 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here