Trailers: Battlefield 3 Fault Line: Get That Wire Cut

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Battlefield 3 Fault Line: Get That Wire Cut

Continuing in the series of trailers, "Get That Wire Cut" tasks the player with disabling an I.E.D.

Watch Video

i am getting more and more excited for this game every trailer i see..

For a moment I thought that screen flickering is a part of the game. I genuinely felt annoyed for a second.

Battlefield... can't wait!

God it looks awesome. I need to get a better computer.

Looks cool, but it's going to rape computers more than Crysis with a spiked drink. Gameplay will probably be pretty average too. Not gonna get it, don't want to blow another two grand on a PC.

please please please dice don't screw this up, please don't sell out to the console's at the last minute like some other recent developer did... ive always gone back to bf2 after ive got bored with other games, recently bad company 2 has been my fav, so i hope bf3 can top this and be the game i always go back to, to enjoy more and more =)

I feel like I'm watching George Bush Jr's wet dream. In first person no less.

I need a shower.

Crap. This and Skyrim convince me that I need a new PC.

Woah...Every trailer makes it more and more awesomer-der than I had hoped.
I can't wait >.<

I have to admit, BF3 is steadily cutting through my well constructed wall of cynicism towards current shooters.

Although what got me well and truly happy was the noise the littlebird's gatling guns made (sad I know). If that thing's not in multiplayer I'll have to get a ticket to Sweden and punch somebody. With any luck they'll work for DICE...

Time to budget out that new gaming rig.

Wait, so will we now be able to see our feet when we look down?

That makes me very, very happy. And yes I know its a little thing, but its the little things that make it work.

I just wish they used a magazine-style reloading system like in BF2, instead of just using the bullet one. Where if you have 3 magazines, reload, you lose all the ammo still left in the previous magazine. Teaches you to pick your shots, and to reload wisely.

Still though, that looks great. And it makes me happy to hear the Battlefield theme. Especially since it was absent in Bad Company 2 for some reason...

AHHHHHHHHHHH im so gonna get this game!!!

Derp so excited i double posted!!

God damn it. How hard is it to have the feed disappear when a machine gun is out of ammo? Seriously, the ammo count in the corner says 0 but you can see there's still rounds left in the feed. I've never seen this done right, C'mon DICE.

Looks pretty good otherwise... I wish that cars didn't explode when under fire like they do in the movies, there's also a few other things, but I'm just picking nits here.

King Toasty:
Looks cool, but it's going to rape computers more than Crysis with a spiked drink. Gameplay will probably be pretty average too. Not gonna get it, don't want to blow another two grand on a PC.

I doubt it, DICE has kept their games highly accessible for all levels of PC's. The difference between low and ultra in Bad Company 2 is enormous. At very most you have a 10% of needing to upgrade your graphics card

Drummie666:
God damn it. How hard is it to have the feed disappear when a machine gun is out of ammo? Seriously, the ammo count in the corner says 0 but you can see there's still rounds left in the feed. I've never seen this done right, C'mon DICE.

Looks pretty good otherwise... I wish that cars didn't explode when under fire like they do in the movies, there's also a few other things, but I'm just picking nits here.

its still in pre-alpha, They haven't gotten around to the fine visual details yet. You'll notice the lack of sights on some ally guns, the lack of texture on some things, etc. Check out one of the reviews for DICE's first fault line video and you'll see the massive attention to detail they did, they will get around to this. Its DICE.

fix-the-spade:
I have to admit, BF3 is steadily cutting through my well constructed wall of cynicism towards current shooters.

Although what got me well and truly happy was the noise the littlebird's gatling guns made (sad I know). If that thing's not in multiplayer I'll have to get a ticket to Sweden and punch somebody. With any luck they'll work for DICE...

Time to budget out that new gaming rig.

the gatling guns in bad company 2 sounded just as good... ok well not quite as but still really good, dice have always been masters of sound.... or at least they were in bc2. All the guns in it sounded fantastic

I hope that bomb-disarming scene was at least a little bit interactive...

I don't want to spend the entire game being taken through the levels by hand.

You know this shits gonna be good when it looks like that in pre-alpha.

Dammit, I want this.

Luckily, I have a brilliant computer after a year of saving, which can run two instances of crisis running, max graphics. This shouldn't be too bad for me.

Heres hoping that kind of destruction is in multiplayer.

Choose the red one! Oh, wait...

This game looks pretty good, I hope the melee combat scene means that melee is going to be fixed. I also hope that there are more accurate rifles than the ones they were showing. I like short, controlled bursts.

Mmmm, me and my xbox 360 are going to spend some quality time together when this beauty comes out.

Looks like spray and pray will be less of an option, I like.

If anything this just brought my opinion back towards it being just "Yet another modern war shooter". There was too much running and gunning, bullets flying everywhere style action.

I yearn for an FPS that brings it back to more tactical combat. I want another Rainbow 6 game...

Lets hope for some cross platform COOP!

Yay so like CODS kill 200 dudes except the guns shake more. I long for a more tactical shooter. Ghost recon would be a welcome thing. I remember managing my teams and enemy engagments being tough. This just looks spray and pray like COD.

MP should be good though.

Tharwen:
I hope that bomb-disarming scene was at least a little bit interactive...

I don't want to spend the entire game being taken through the levels by hand.

Did you see the quick-time events while you were punching that enemy?

Anyways, it looks really cool, even though I probably won't be playing it. I predict I will be too busy...

April 17th is my Birthday :D!

So what exactly does this video showcase, besides the fact that we're going to have to deal with quick-time events? At this point they're just spoiling their set pieces, which are probably going to be the foucus of the game.

Guess I can say goodbye to Bad Company 1's glorious sandbox campaign and get ready for a less-bombastic CoD ripoff.

when the guy goes prone, he deploys the bipod on his mg

That looked all right, but do they really need to put in quick-time events?

not really
maybe they just want to spice up the game a little

That looks sick (read - awesome).

PettingZOOPONY:
Lets hope for some cross platform COOP!

That's not likely to happen. Early trials with cross-platform FPS's put consoles at a massive disadvantage.

HOPE1134:
when the guy goes prone, he deploys the bipod on his mg

It's about freaking time someone did that in a game. Pisses me off that I'm always holding my weapon up while prone when the damn thing has a bipod. I've been wanting someone to add WORKING bipods to guns in FPS's for some time. Hit down on the D-pad or hold X to deploy bipod while prone or against cover...

Hmm, although i can't deny that the game looks excellent, i'm kind of worried about the scripting. It looks very heavily scripted, which is never a good thing as it pigeonholes the player.
I'm hoping the scripting is just to show off the engine for the trailers.
The thing that makes games like Half Life, Halo and Crysis so good is that the physics engines and gameplay allow for non-scripted events to be as spectacular as the plot devices.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here