Trailers: F.E.A.R. 3 Story Trailer

F.E.A.R. 3 Story Trailer

Mother is waiting for her sons to return.

Watch Video

Looking good. Did I see Beckett from F.E.A.R. 2 there, referring to Point Man as the bastard son?

This looks surprisingly awesome. I'm actually fairly interested in picking this up now.

Looks great! I didn't play the first, but FEAR 2 really amazed me when I first played it. I kind of feel like it was a step back to HL2 days, because of the in character story telling - as in, very few cutscenes and whenever possible you stayed in FPS mode while people talked and of course the silent protagonist too.

I'll probably pick this game up. FEAR 2 wasn't all that scary but it was fun.

It's Mother's Day
IN HELL!

Wolfram01:
Looks great! I didn't play the first, but FEAR 2 really amazed me when I first played it. I kind of feel like it was a step back to HL2 days, because of the in character story telling - as in, very few cutscenes and whenever possible you stayed in FPS mode while people talked and of course the silent protagonist too.

FEAR 1 was even more so, Id suggest playing it, if you liked Fear 2 then you would be blown away with fear 1. Fear 2 didn't have as much "awesomeness" as its predecessor, they kind of toned it all down.

Let's hope that it's actually scary this time. Fear 2 was less scary than Kirby's Epic Yarn, it was just an endless succession of small children walking about and sounds going WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH in your ear.

Doubt it.

looks good but...NEEDS MORE BECKET!

I want to see how daddy's doing.

lol

Oh God, not this failing franchise again.

No doubt I'll resist buying it for so long and then end up buying it and then regret buying it... it's that inevitable cycle that scares me most.

I mean FEAR wasn't scary but hell, FEAR 2 made the first one look like hell on earth because it was so bad. I very much doubt this'll be much better.

I love F.E.A.R. ...Pretty much the only game to get away with incest without a shit-ton of media coverage...plus its fun.

Fear 3 Story Trailer.

That headline made me smile.
That stuff is story in the same sense in which a pile of that grey, fluffly stuff from the tumble dryer is tecnically clothing.

This game looks horrible. That is all.

Man, I am not in the least bit interested in this game. Which says something, because I loved the first one and at least enjoyed the second (though I'm still glad I picked it up on sale for $20).

Well, at least it's not more Dead Space. Dead Space tries to pretend the gore-fest is mentally stimulating or even fun to play. F.E.A.R. is totally unsubtle, silly and the story is weaksauce, but I'll take anything over Dead Space.

Am I the only one who thinks Paxton Fettel has looked less and less creepy as this series goes on?
F.E.A.R he was sorta like a scarey biker-hannibal with one of those faces that you know without anything else that the guy is evil and will quite happily eat your face.
Now he just looks like some cellar cultist who finds Charles Manson a good fashion icon.
Also, Who is still making those psychic soldiers! I mean seriously!

i never found these games scary. i'm sure they are decent but the whole Scary aspect is just meh.

Cool laugh at the end.

So... you're fighting your "brother?" I'm not quite clear on the story here...

From what I've gathered from comments and having never played the games, there isn't much of one to be had

Fear had an interesting if flawed story that went completely off the deep end in the sequel. I genuinely loved the first one, but after fear 2... I'm done with this series.

fear is like the matrix of video games
and yes i assume this will be shit

The Gentleman:
So... you're fighting your "brother?" I'm not quite clear on the story here...

In fear 3 you fight with Paxton to stop Alma from having her baby or join her in destroying the world. I'm not sure which one is correct.

Personally, I think the story is fine. From what I know. Fear 2 wasn't perfect but I think it was a long way from sinking the series as people often complain, and the ending twist almost made up for not being scary.

Soet Poet:
Let's hope that it's actually scary this time. Fear 2 was less scary than Kirby's Epic Yarn, it was just an endless succession of small children walking about and sounds going WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH in your ear.

Doubt it.

Kinda dumb if its scary now though. Essentially you ARE the scary now. Sometimes its nice to kick the scary's ass.

Fear... You once had sooo much promise.

The F.E.A.R. formula; COMBAT! Atmosphere building... something scary... COMBAT! Atmosphere building... something scary... COMBAT! Repeat. It doesn't ever LET the atmosphere be, or have any particularly long scary moments. It jumps from one to the other faster than a 5 year old hop-scotch champion on caffeine and meth.

I still enjoyed the series despite the obvious hate it receives from time-to-time. I never did finished F.E.A.R. 2, so looks like I will have to reply them before this one.

Anything's better than F.E.A.R. 2.

Looks very ordinary, but then that's trailers for you. Really, how much can you tell about a game by a trailer, other than genre and how good the graphics are? Ok, there's probably all sorts of things you can tell, but I still don't find them that useful, personally

I wonder if Alma is going:
"WHO TOOK MAH BECKETT!!!"

Anyway FEAR was amazing.FEAR2 was an amazing shooter very very clear in that detail but fell short in what made the first FEAR grand.Let's see what this will bring.

I really enjoyed F.E.A.R.
F.E.A.R. 2 was disappointing compared, turning into more an FPS than a horror franchise in first person.

F.3.A.R. looks like it's gonna try too hard to be good. It looks too tangled and messy. Sure I'll probably try it, but I have a feeling it's gonna be more guns blazing than guys freaking out, unfortunatly.

F.E.A.R. is one of my favorite shooters ever (Yes, I liked it much more than Half Life 2).

F.E.A.R. 2 was fun enough, but just didn't feel as good.

I thought F.E.A.R. 3 looked pretty lame from the first trailer (and most that followed)... especially since Monolith wasn't even involved.

This trailer actually gives me hope... it's presented very well. Though I'm sure I'll be disappointed... I'm going to keep an eye on this now.

HankMan:
It's Mother's Day
IN HELL!

Even better, but I gotta ask. Is that Mark Hamill playing the narrator/antagonist?

Stuberfinn88:

Wolfram01:

FEAR 1 was even more so, Id suggest playing it, if you liked Fear 2 then you would be blown away with fear 1. Fear 2 didn't have as much "awesomeness" as its predecessor, they kind of toned it all down.

Or I guess more accurately, they toned it "up" wayyy too much. The reason the first was so much better was that it always had that unsettling atmosphere about it. It was a guns-blazing shooter, but it took place in a situation where a creepy little girl seemed out of place and you had no idea what the hell she was.

FEAR 2 took place in a post-nuclear wasteland so strange things popping out at you no longer seemed very strange or out of place, hence no amount of ghosts or monsters really made anyone uneasy. Plus at that point you know what Alma is which takes away most of the fear. Not to mention she's now just a very dirty looking adult instead of a child which was way creepier.

But to top it all off, even if I knew nothing about the first 2 games, I still think this game would suck simply because they do that annoying shit where they put the sequel number in the word. F3AR just makes my eyes hurt.

Not too sure about Fear 3, but I'll rent it first.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here