Trailers: Saints Row: The Third Gameplay Trailer

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Saints Row: The Third Gameplay Trailer

Feast your eyes upon the very first gameplay footage from Saints Row: The Third.

Watch Video

EPIC gameplay footage. A shot to the nuts sells anything. :D

Wow. Possibly the best trailer ever.

Seriously. It's Saints Row 3. Do we really need more?

I can't help but feel ripped off.

The greatest trailer ever made

now, i know enough to tell this is going to be awesome.

It's... beautiful :')

Must... have... now...

*faints*

April 1 fool?

So Saint's Row is SOOO good that a punch to the balls is all it takes to sell it?

People may say it's more fun than GTA and perhaps even far superior, but I think I'll stick with Rockstar's style of humour thank you very much.

I like trailers that are short, powerful and to the point. Like this one.

Proverbial Jon:
So Saint's Row is SOOO good that a punch to the balls is all it takes to sell it?

People may say it's more fun than GTA and perhaps even far superior, but I think I'll stick with Rockstar's style of humour thank you very much.

April fools.

Natdaprat:

Proverbial Jon:

April fools.

My point still stands ;)

These guys are taking "Taking the piss" to such a high level it's absolutely unprecedented. Awesome.

I was at the gym with my phone when this trailer was released, and it took me like 5 tries just to get the effin video to work, so when it finally did... Well, there was a combination of hilarity and a twinge of disappointment.

Either way, I am SO looking forward to this game.

Now I have even more reason to buy this game. Not that I really needed but still!

That was hilarious. I got all pumped up and then bam. lol

Balls-to-the-wall action? Nah... we want balls-to-the-fist action.

At least warn us if we're going to be wasting our time with a trailer. I love the saints row games, but that trailer is pathetic, 95% logos? gah.

Man, April fooled yet again...

Oh, and it's April 1, too, how convenient.

It was pretty funny, but I can't help but feel disappointed.

Saints Row really, really annoys me as a franchise. In a time where videogames are trying to compete with the artistic merits of other media and also become more mature you get Volition spewing out more garbage like this. The stories in each game are farcically awful; you can't relate to any of the characters unless you're a sociopath; the humour is very low-brow, not clever and immature; and the driving mechanic is unceremoniously bad (seriously - on Xbox 360 you press A to accelerate? That means you're either always going at full throttle or not going at all. To maintain any sort of constant speed you have to tap A, kangarooing the car about).

Win. So much Win in like, 2 seconds

Anyways, I already know about SR3, and you can thank my coincidental stop at GameStop for that.
I just happen to find out it's on the cover of *insert magazine name here* and was sad to hear there will be no fart bomb in the game :(

Oh yeah, and there's gonna be a Lucha Libre gang in the game too,

Yep, so far, along with Kingdom Hearts 3, this is definitely my most anticipated game for this Decade :D

lame sauce.

This trailer was ... ballin'
badum-tish

WOO! SAINT'S ROW, BABY! Represent the Row by punching a dude in the groin! Got a gun in hand? TOO FAST! USE YOUR FISTS!

Man, I cannot WAIT for this game. It shall be awesome. AWESOME!

I was expecting an April fools day thing.
what I got was beautiful.

Wasn't that a swift kick punch in the balls :D

A truly excellent trailer/gag. Brilliant set up, the punchline was literally a punch and it, in less than a second, tells you exactly what to expect from the game.

Masterful

Oh, what the frell? There was barely any gameplay in that trailer!

Also, am I the only one who thinks THG's new logo looks terrible?

Ahhhh, saints Row, you sure are the master of comedy, i wonder if in this game they are going to finally take the last step and start making the dead baby jokes.

Derelict Frog:
Saints Row really, really annoys me as a franchise. In a time where videogames are trying to compete with the artistic merits of other media and also become more mature you get Volition spewing out more garbage like this. The stories in each game are farcically awful; you can't relate to any of the characters unless you're a sociopath; the humour is very low-brow, not clever and immature; and the driving mechanic is unceremoniously bad (seriously - on Xbox 360 you press A to accelerate? That means you're either always going at full throttle or not going at all. To maintain any sort of constant speed you have to tap A, kangarooing the car about).

This would be a completely valid point if every film and book ever made pushed the boundaries of refined, artistic endeavours. But not every film should be Black Swan, not every book should be Blood Meridian and not every game should be trying to be the next Ico or Bioshock.

OT: I get the feeling that this is an April Fool, but I really hope it isn't. Otherwise the guy getting punched in the crotch is every single one of us =[

Derelict Frog:

Because I saw Jackass 3D and was appalled that such garbage existed amongst artistic expression?

OT: I'm sold - I adored Saints Row 2 and didn't need much more of a push for The Third, but this is just too damn good to pass up. xD

Derelict Frog:

I have nothing against realism in video games, but anything gets boring if you never see anything else. Impeccably realistic games are no exception. Variety is needed to keep things fresh. VARIETY!

I like variety. Variety is important to me. When Saints Row 2 first came out, after an endless barrage of ultra-realistic games, I was so desperate for variety that I played nothing but Saints Row 2 for six months!

Still that's more gameplay than you get in some trailers

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or