Trailers: Hawken Gameplay Trailer

Hawken Gameplay Trailer

Giant mechs run, jump, and blow things up in the first gameplay footage of Hawken.

Watch Video

I reminds me of this game on the original xbox called "Phantom Crash"... I actually loved that game and hope this game is just as good, if not better.

This looks amaaaazing! Can't wait!

This looks awesome. My next multiplayer game for sure.

After watching this video, I utter only one word(loudly): Daaaaaaaaaamn!

Seriously, I just love me a good mech-game, and this just looks and sounds awesome. :D
Excitement: +1

rockingnic:
I reminds me of this game on the original xbox called "Phantom Crash"... I actually loved that game and hope this game is just as good, if not better.

loved phantom crash pitty the 360 wont work well with it from what I hear.

So.... is it going to be just a multiplayer thing ?

I mean, I love mechs, but I hate multiplayer fps.

I thought it was gonna be that old demo, which was good, but this was far better. That was nice to watch, but I hope we get more than just grey in the later stages, and some variety in the modes.

Looks good either way though, hope this does well!

This game is beautiful.

I don't even really like mechs, but this actually looks kinda fun

Mechwarrior meets Armored Core.

Awesome.
I just hope that it isn't centered around multiplayer.

This looks awesome. Looks like I'll have to start getting that PC building started. Yes you guessed it, console gamer reporting in.

God, please make this game awesome!
If it turns out any good I will totally buy it on launchday.

Because Mechs are Epic!

This looks really interesting. great work. =)

very well designed levels; however, the mech design is a little iffy... then again things move so fast it is hard to tell what they do look like up close.

I liked how it didn't take like 5 seconds to kill someone and the fights actually took some time and tactics.

I'm not entirely sure about what I just saw.

TheAmazingHobo:
So.... is it going to be just a multiplayer thing ?

I mean, I love mechs, but I hate multiplayer fps.

Pretty much this. I haven't played an online FPS since BF2142 and there is a reason for that. I would be far more impressed with a basic SP campaign and a mission editor.

Nice art for an indie though. And I may support it on the basis of genre alone.

Gameplay looks like a cross between Armored Core and Mechwarrior with design elements taken from Front Mission.

Looks good. Almost kind of hard to believe it looks as good as it does, given it's only 9 months down the pipe and being developed by an indie team. They must have a really good art staff.

THAT'S an indie game? Jesus Christ!

Wow. It looks stunning. I hope it has interesting weapons, like Death Lasers and Orbital Laser strike designators and Giant grappling hooks and stuff like that; Not just AR's and Snipers and rocket launchers, but on Giant mechs.

That would be lame.

everything looks so gray...still awesome i guess

I take back what i said about the original trailer, this actually looks pretty decent. I do hope they have a wider variety of robots and weapons available though, as the only ones i seemed to notice were the rocket launcher, grenade launcher, mini gun, and sniper.

So, is the big ship a killstreak bonus or something? And did the pilot try to exit his mech at one point?

That looks too awesome for words, more even if you think this has been developed by a small team. Can't wait to play it.

hm... i donīt know.... the main difference - at least for me - between "normal" FPS and Mech-based FPS were the pacing and the "more tactical" Combat (because a normal Mech would take a lot of damage before shuting down - heatsinks - height advantages - weight advantages etc..). Here i seems that the combat ist more or less the same as in other Modern Day FPS Titles. I donīt like the numeric "healthbar" - but maybe they will change it over the course of the development. Nevertheless, the art design and combat animations etc. looks really nice. And by far more engaging as the very dissapointing "relaunch" of the Front Misson Franchise with its crappy 3rd Person Combat.

I will keep an eye on this one.

Awesome reminds me of Mechwarroir 2.

I have such a boner right now...

I want this yesterday. Ever since the latest Mech Worrior fisco I thought I will never get to play stuff like that again.

Less than a year to create something this interesting, yet it takes years for AAA studios to churn out the crap they do today. Thank the gods for indie developers.

If I have the funds when this comes out, it will be added to my library of "Sweet" games.

And then I jizzed in my pants.

lol from the trailer it isn't called hawken, but hawshchen, letter Щ :D

Damn, those are some fantastic mech noises. KA-CHUNK RATATATAT CLANK BEEP BEEP BEEP KCHOOOOOOM.

pliusmannn:
lol from the trailer it isn't called hawken, but hawshchen, letter Щ :D

Yeah, I noticed the same thing. Unfortunately "нащкеи" (which I guess you'd pronounce "nash'chkei") isn't a real Russian word.

I'm not usually a multiplayer guy, but if this turns out to be as fun as it looks and the price tag is acceptable, I'm in.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here