Top 5 with Lisa Foiles: Top 5 Robots

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 NEXT

Top 5 Robots

Lisa has a thing for robots. Lisa has a thing for videogames. This can only mean one thing: It's finally time for Top 5 Video Game Robots! BEEP BOOP, BEEP.

Watch Video

Um is Lisa drinking Smirnoff Ice with her Cereal?

Maybe Blendy never got loved in the manifacturin fabric?

Blendy needs to be your sidekick!

Also, were some of those clips from KoToR 2?

God whenever I hear Klaptrap I think of Donkey Kong Country immediately...wtf.

Gotta love Clank.

And his laugh.

Also, Xenosaga Trilogy HD.

GET ON THIS SHIT.

Seriously, no offense, but if you flip the 'I don't care' card, why should I care about your opinion?

Very much agreed on HK-47 though.

Would add Legion somewhere on the list though, or perhaps Dog. My gut tells me SHODAN and GlaDOS belong there too, but sadly, technically they're just a pair of operating systems.

I take it you went for the margarita mix not because he told you to but because... hey, margaritas!

Lisa stop talking shit from that blendy bastard, i had a vacuum robot once i thought was cool now when i look back it sucked!

I'm in an abusive relationship with my toaster oven. I want to leave but I just love it so much!

For once we are in agreement on your number 1 pick.

I'm wondering when we'll hear " BUT WHAT ABOUT MEGAMAN?" or some other popular robot.

Did that androids shirt open up to do a flash attack? Anyhow Johnny 5 alive!

If you think the blender is anoying, you haven't met the toaster.

BIGGER GUN! My mandatory warcry that follows off from "Beep boop beep" when camping with lmg's I had a macro and everything for it...Don't ask.

Would the sentry guns from Portal be a robot...Also Claptrap sounds a lot like GiR o.0.

Hello? What about DOG? He was awesome!

Umm, ROBO? From Chrono Trigger?? WTH Lisa??

WTB a do-over :-(

Aurgelmir:

Looks like it, although it looked a bit flat and watery like...

Aurgelmir:

Breakfast of Champions!!! She's a soldier I tell ya

1. Sorry, but uh....Claptrap sucks. I mean he really, really, REALLY sucks. My least favorite part of that game.
2. I forgive you because of the awesome Arrested Development reference at the end. "I'M A MONSTER!!!!!!".......Anyone remember that? No? Fuck it.
3. Legion is awesome, too. Because of this:

I rest my case.

Good tip. Buster clips make everything better. ;)

My favorite robot in games, PAL-18 from Anachronox. He's a funny, loyal, somewhat passive-aggressive sidekick, who upon realizing he's self aware, really starts to get in Boot's face.
Plus, he was so darn cute :)

Random Argument Man:
I'm wondering when we'll hear " BUT WHAT ABOUT MEGAMAN?" or some other popular robot.

No, but there seemed to be more games with robot protagonists back in the day. Now they're mostly amusing sidekicks. It's meatbag prejudice, I tells ya!

WolfLordAndy:

Aurgelmir:

Looks like it, although it looked a bit flat and watery like...

Must be that American malt liquor version. Here in the Great White North, we make it with vodka.

I have that same blender

Random Argument Man:

You're Goddamn right you're gonna hear about him....heheh no you're not, but you're gonna hear from someone!!

I mean honestly, those were all great Choices, especially HK-47 (He does deserve the #1 spot), but C'mooooon. Nothing about the Badass robot that starred in Tatsunoko vs Capcom or Marvel vs Capcom 3!? Nothing about one of the first GHOST IN THE MACHINE robots to ever exist in video games. Dammit Zero needed a Slice of the Pie!!!....and not the girly bitch form known as Megaman Zero. I'm talking about ZERO!!!

ZERO IS VERY DISPLEASED

Hope you all sleep well tonight

I like Borderlands. It's a really fun game. I REALLY need to repurchase it to be a whole person.

... but chuck out Cl4p-Tr4p in favour of Robo from Chrono Trigger, PLEASE.

Lisa Foiles:
Top 5 Robots

Lisa has a thing for robots. Lisa has a thing for videogames. This can only mean onething: It's finally time for Top 5 Video Game Robots! BEEP BOOP, BEEP.

Watch Video

As a recommended "honorable mention," I think Krunk from the 2003 game Metal Arms: Glitch in the System. The gameplay wasn't particularly memorable, but was still good... but it was the characters and voice acting that made the game.

Krunk was a profane, gruff robot mechanic. And that's basically it. He's usually insulting you or swearing about something (though censored). Really, the constant *BLEEPS* made the lines even funnier, though. And he was voiced by Dan "Homer Simpson" Castellaneta, too. Patrick Warburton also does a voice, and he's always fun to listen to.

Seriously, does anyone else remember this game?

Madara XIII:
.and not the girly bitch form known as Megaman Zero. I'm talking about ZERO!!!

ZERO IS VERY DISPLEASED

[/Image]

But but but....I liked Megaman Zero. He didn't bitched at all. He was more the quiet type.

Aurgelmir:

Starting the day off correctly!!

Pasty, game nerd,and has lucky charms and Smirnoff for breakfast... Marry me

This one was a lot of fun. xD

Madara XIII:

Random Argument Man:

You're Goddamn right you're gonna hear about him....heheh no you're not, but you're gonna hear from someone!!

I mean honestly, those were all great Choices, especially HK-47 (He does deserve the #1 spot), but C'mooooon. Nothing about the Badass robot that starred in Tatsunoko vs Capcom or Marvel vs Capcom 3!? Nothing about one of the first GHOST IN THE MACHINE robots to ever exist in video games. Dammit Zero needed a Slice of the Pie!!!....and not the girly bitch form known as Megaman Zero. I'm talking about ZERO!!!

ZERO IS VERY DISPLEASED

I want to know how Zero sleeps at night knowing he's in one of the worst gameboy advance games ever.

Random Argument Man:

Madara XIII:
.and not the girly bitch form known as Megaman Zero. I'm talking about ZERO!!!

ZERO IS VERY DISPLEASED

[/Image]

But but but....I liked Megaman Zero. He didn't bitched at all. He was more the quiet type.

....*Turns my head*

Are you questioning me!?!?!

Don't make me do you how Dr. Light does Megaman

THE SERIES ENDED AT MEGAMAN X6. Like it orginally was intended. The rest is like Devil May Cry 2.....It doesn't EXIST!!!!

roostuf:
i had a vacuum robot once i thought was cool now when i look back it sucked!

...Ugh...

OT: Funny vid Lisa. Keep em comin, though I'm a little surprised GLaDOS didn't get at least a runner up mention. Oh wait, maybe she's more just an OS.

Coldster:

Madara XIII:

Random Argument Man:

ZERO IS VERY DISPLEASED

I want to know how Zero sleeps at night knowing he's in one of the worst gameboy advance games ever.

[h1] Shhhh... Those games are like Megaman StarForce! They don't exist if you don't remember them!!! [h1]

Secondly, I'm talking about the Awesome ZERO!!! Not that other one :/

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or