Trailers: Brink: Ready and Able

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Brink: Ready and Able

The Soldier, Operative, Engineer, and Medic show off some of their abilities in Brink.

Watch Video

I have to admit, the level of customisation available in this game is definitely hooking me on Brink. I may get it.

But can they Blend??

Whoa...

I don't know, I'd still rather just play TF 2

looks good

the street running part of the game is what makes it the most interesting i think..

Also add to the realism i think, cause people are able to do more than jump and crouch in real life as compared to many other shooters..

Hrm... well the character customisation looks allright at least, though the inability to tell who is what class at first glance will be a double-edge sword...

Boyninja616:
I have to admit, the level of customisation available in this game is definitely hooking me on Brink. I may get it.

Indeedie - the gameplay seems to be along the lines of Battlefield as well, with the focus being on classes and larger environments. With the very customizable looking faces/bodies and smooth, more-colourful than average graphics, I think this is on my must try list - pre-ordered.

Self Resurection? That's badass

Corpse XxX:

Also add to the realism i think, cause people are able to do more than jump and crouch in real life as compared to many other shooters..

Then again, people generally don't run around while they shoot in real life.

Oh great, another multiplayer shooter based off of leveling and an unlock system. Just in case those of us immune to the skinner box weren't all already so FUCKING sick of those.

Waffle_Man:

Corpse XxX:

Then again, people generally don't run around while they shoot in real life.

As i noticed in the video, was when the character was running, jumping and climbing over walls and such he actually concealed his weapon beeing unable to fire.. So he was not doing both at once..

Booyah..! This is propably what i will be playing while i wait for BF3...

Im a sucker for character customisation.. :]

Woah, i'm already sold on this game. Hopefully that self-rescurrection will be made correctly so it won't be OP.
Btw, do you have classes in the game? Or do you have to stick whit the body-type you have chosen before the match started at character customization?

Boyninja616:

Yeah, too bad we'll have to spend days just to unlock half the fucking content.

Yo Dawg I haerd you like asscreed and TF2 so we made put asscreed into your TF2 so you can asscreed while you TF2!

Whoops double-post, sorry

The various "hacking" segments make me think, "Gee, this looks like a fun way to get sniped, stealth-killed, or otherwise ganked while waiting for a progress bar animation to complete..."

Sinner_J:
Self Resurection? That's badass

I think its only for medics, which actually makes sense, if you ask me.

Anyways, Im fucking pumped for this game.

I'll definetly buy Brink. I just don't know when since Battlefield 3 is coming out and i don't want to spend my money and then save again for BF3

I'm still undecided about this, I'll wait for a review to come out so I can get a fair idea of whether the single-player mode is any good.

I don't know...I really like TF2...

Okay, so it's not as visually appealing as Brink, but it is very, very, good at what it does.
Also, unlockables without a crafting system? Why?

Telperion:
I don't know...I really like TF2...

Okay, so it's not as visually appealing as Brink, but it is very, very, good at what it does.
Also, unlockables without a crafting system? Why?

Unlockables at all, why?

Don't get me wrong but the graphics look shite.

And I thought this game aimed to merge Mirror's Edge with classic FPS shooters.
Didn't see any of that there.

At the current state the game looks like a TF2 knock off.

Callate:
The various "hacking" segments make me think, "Gee, this looks like a fun way to get sniped, stealth-killed, or otherwise ganked while waiting for a progress bar animation to complete..."

you can move while hacking but the signal strength fades the further you are away meaning slower progress

Corpse XxX:

As i noticed in the video, was when the character was running, jumping and climbing over walls and such he actually concealed his weapon beeing unable to fire.. So he was not doing both at once..

You will have full ability to shoot during all PK moves as there are no canned animations you will just have shitty aim while you do

Actually, they have stated that when you look at an enemy player, it will tell you what class they are.

kara_bulut:
At the current state the game looks like a TF2 knock off.

That's like saying Halo is a Doom knockoff.

TF2 has been out for 4 years now, it's overdue for competition like this.

Callate:

Risk versus reward. Was pretty funny to watch the poor soul's own turret turn on him :p

This game better have bot support. I am tired of playing with other people.

Wait, does this mean I can finally be a Medic who has more health than a cardboard box?

When is this coming out again?

The single player in the game is just the multi with bots and the same maps.

Team Fortress 2 by Call of Duty?

I should be interested... but I'm not.

The Random One:
Team Fortress 2 by Call of Duty?

I should be interested... but I'm not.

I'm not getting that 'something new and exciting' vibe, which is so essential to creating that feeling you are talking about.

EDIT: upon reflexion - TF2 has a gargantuan player base. Where is this game going to get that because I don't want to fight against bots?

It's Crysis (TF)2.

It's a lot of nice ideas and could be really neat if enough people picked it up. Hopefully it won't just end up another great shooter that no one playes.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here