Critical Miss: Dragon Age: Destiny

Pages 1 2 3 4 NEXT

She turned me into a newt.

but I got better

Reminds me of Ray Bradbury, who was told that his seminal work Farenheit 451 was about Government control of people and not about Television destroying books.

And what would he know? Possibly as much as J.K.Rowling who has been lambasted for not having Harry Potter and Hermione doing the mambo together?

Because they were fated to.

That's the problem with reality. Especially user-created ones.

Makes me wonder why there's even choices in this series at all if anything can be retconned at will.

Still, made me lawl for a bit.

Ouch poor leliana D:

They really should have just handled it like ME2 with the whole save game import but I guess thats what happens when you give yourself a stupidly small development cycle...

Also nice work on Erin Hawke.

Haha, I didn't kill her in my DA:O game, but I did kill Zevran.... now how the frak did he give my Hawke this shiny awesome weapon as a ghost?

I told people before, recapitation is just one of Leliana's many, many super powers. Like captivation, arrow splitting and seducing elven girls.

Kevlar Eater:
Makes me wonder why there's even choices in this series at all if anything can be retconned at will.

Indeed.

Guess they didn't want to steal Mass Effect's show with perpetual decisions via transferred saves.

Lol, it's funny because it's true.

Oh yeah, I was wondering how Anders could be possessed by Justice when I quite clearly killed Justice near the end of Awakening for being a smartass and telling me what I can and cannot do...

I suppose he's a spirit, so that's... fine, I guess...?

Leilana? Alive? Pfft, don't be silly. Next you'll be telling me that Ander's survives even if you kill him in Awakening.

Eruanno:
Oh yeah, I was wondering how Anders could be possessed by Justice when I quite clearly killed Justice near the end of Awakening for being a smartass and telling me what I can and cannot do...

I suppose he's a spirit, so that's... fine, I guess...?

Even cooler if you got Anders captured by the templars and he never became a Grey Warden at all! ...These people are full of strange super powers aren't they?

This comic made me laugh. Hard.

Edit: Scratch that joke, it'll scare children...

Actually, I just dun wanna get banned for NSFW jokes.

Instead, I'll ask if this now makes Suchong a miniature giant space hamster fancy rat.

It was the ashes. The magical ashes of Joan of Arc Andraste magically reanimated her corpse. (It can't be sillier then a pinch of the ashes being able to cure a magical disease.)

Nice comic I guess but it seems a little harsh lol, it was only one retcon and this is just more ammuninition for the old school Rpg mega fanboys to use.

DeadlyYellow:

Kevlar Eater:

Indeed.

Guess they didn't want to steal Mass Effect's show with perpetual decisions via transferred saves.

Would make sense, if your Mass Effect choices influenced more than your emails/news.

Well, I suppose it's fortunate that the whole trailer for DA2 was named Destiny and the narrative within it was of how it's best to embrace it rather than fight it. *rolleyes*

On topic...THIRD DA2 comic now...really? I'm sensing levels of obsession by this point, if truth be told.

I still love how Erin's pet (was going to say "her rat" but caught myself before I changed the meaning of the sentence completely) appears in most frames. The attention to that detail always impresses me.

Erin-Hawke is well drawn too, I think that the Scar/blood patch (haven't played DA2 so not sure what Hawke has going on there) makes her nose look better.

Ha! Satire and Monty Python references, superb!

Captcha:
Enseedi Ashton. Are those words in any language? It's starting to remind me of glossolalia, creepy...

I thought that that was a crank 2 reference in there.
Then I remembered about monty python.
Then i facepalmed.

I love how the background's still the same cave from the other Dargon Age comic XD Nice touch :)

'Tis but a scratch! XD

Was that a Space Hamster named Boo on her head?

"Don't look so smug! I know what you're thinking, but Frostback Mountan was merely a set back. Did you honestly believe I would trust the future to some blind, Gray warden mongrel? Hahahaha... Oh no, no, no, he was merely an instrument, a stepping stone to a much larger plan! It has all led to this...and this time, you will not interfere! "

Deleted: Disagreeing with something said could get me banned even with a post that doesn't include: cussing, personal insults, 1 picture posts, or any other thing that would be considered "trolling".

Loonerinoes:
Well, I suppose it's fortunate that the whole trailer for DA2 was named Destiny and the narrative within it was of how it's best to embrace it rather than fight it. *rolleyes*

On topic...THIRD DA2 comic now...really? I'm sensing levels of obsession by this point, if truth be told.

Third? This is the second.

Awful that I will still waste my money on DA3. That was a shitty turn of events. I killed Zevran on all of my playthroughs except the first time, then he back-stabbed me, little rat.

Wabblefish:
Nice comic I guess but it seems a little harsh lol, it was only one retcon and this is just more ammuninition for the old school Rpg mega fanboys to use.

Trust me...it wasn't just the one.
The game basically ignores EVERYTHING you did in DA:O, which would be fine by me if they didn't put in a save import feature.
What's the point of doing THAT if you just ignore all the data?

fanklok:

Loonerinoes:

Third? This is the second.

Nope. Third. First was about DA2's PR shenanigans, that also included things like DRM problems and blocking one member out by accident (or not), second is the burn on same area maps being overused, this is the third.

Plus...for the love of god...it does NOT ignore EVERYTHING. But fine...nitpick and expand to generalization all you like. I admit, this'd suck pretty badly if it happened to me. But to say that they ignored all the stuff from DA:O is certainly wrong as I noticed a ton of stuff from it being included in DA2. And I'm not just talking recieving letters by mail about it either - more like running into guys I saved during DA:O and such.

Still, it wasn't done perfect, no doubt there. As much as I love the game, it's pretty obvious that for once Bioware did NOT take care to polish the game - and it shows big time. Hilariously enough someone like Bethesda is allowed to get away with this every single time while their upcoming sequels are praised unendingly. Whereas when Bioware tries to pull this just once and suddenly you have everyone jumping on the hate train heh...not to say it isn't deserved - it is, they ultimately lowered their standards with this one. But double standards for the win every time I guess.

I killed Zevran in the first one. It was good to see he some how came back to life.

When could you kill Leliana in Origins?
And I guess you meet her on part 3 in DA2, since I haven't seen her yet..

What do you expect when the story was written by two Twilight fans?

2718:
What do you expect when the story was written by two Twilight fans?

Exactly what I got, sadly...

FogBird:
When could you kill Leliana in Origins?

If you pour the blood of the dragon into the Urn of Sacred Ashes she goes batshit. I decapitated that religious tard.

I played the game the "good way", so whilst I disagree with retconning, I should experience very little.

Joe Deadman:
Ouch poor leliana D:

They really should have just handled it like ME2 with the whole save game import but I guess thats what happens when you give yourself a stupidly small development cycle...

Also nice work on Erin Hawke.

She'll be ok, tis only a flesh wound. She's probably had worse

Pages 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook