Critical Miss: Garrus: Badass Burnout

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT

I thought Garrus' next step was obvious?

buy teh haloz:
After Mass Effect 3, Garrus becomes a Spectre and stars in his own Sci-Fi RPG series, Garrus Effect.

OT: He will transcend to Deadpool levels of awesome. I demand it!

He'll backslide to the punisher...and he'll be lamesauce

just sayin'!

Marowit:

just sayin'!

Punisher is lamer than batman. Box office gross proves that.

To me, Garrus went from wannabe Harry to wannabe batman/platoon guy.

Ghengis John:

Marowit:

just sayin'!

That's what backslides means - I am saying that they'll be hard pressed to find a more badass inspiration than batman....

Daystar Clarion:
Turns out Garrus has a twin sister, who is just as awesome as Garrus, except, you know, you can have sex with her.

Well... You CAN have sex with Garrus :P

Once you've reached Batman in space then you can hardly become more awesome... Unless you get to have tits and be on fire.

WaderiAAA:
Once you've reached Batman in space then you can hardly become more awesome... Unless you get to have tits and be on fire.

and shoot lightning bolts and shurikens

good question...
maybie they will make him switch sides... then he will be evil space batturian

Ghengis John:
Where can he go from there? Let me put it this way:

"Varkarian, Garrus Vakarian. I'll have a martini, Dextro DNA."

Only if he has a shuttlecraft with a hundred thousand million little compartments, filled with missiles.

Garrus was my favorite character because of his sexy, sexy voice. I didn't even realize how badass he was until later.

I wouldn't call him batman because he kinda wanted to murder everyone who crossed him.

OT: There's such as thing as better than perfection? :P
Also Bat-Garrus FTW

Where can he go from here that would keep the character interesting? He could go bad. His methods have become more an more extreme, as his personality has, throughout the series. It would be quite a neat little twist to have him slowly forget his ethics, perhaps succumb to Indoctrination.

The second mass effect was lacking in the "Tangible Enemy" department, filled in ME1 by Saren, It would certainly be an interesting plot device to have Garrus fill a similar role in ME3.

just my thoughts..

"Chinese ninja warriors with hearts so cold"

Sweet manky jeebus, there are others who have heard that song? I thought I was the only one...

D Moness:

Daystar Clarion:
Turns out Garrus has a twin sister, who is just as awesome as Garrus, except, you know, you can have sex with her.

Why will she be lesbian then :P

surprised it took 10 replies for chuck norris to be mentioned.
Just hope Garrus will be less interested in calibrations and more interested in talking >.>

But they're important calibrations! Who knows what would happen if Garrus stopped calibrating and sang a lovely musical number?

Fallen-Angel Risen-Demon:

buy teh haloz:
After Mass Effect 3, Garrus becomes a Spectre and stars in his own Sci-Fi RPG series, Garrus Effect.

OT: He will transcend to Deadpool levels of awesome. I demand it!

We need a Deadpool-esque character in Mass Effect. Hell everything could use a little Deadpool, that fourth wall won't break itself after all.

I too am worried about what Bioware is going to do with a few of their characters, some of them have no room to imp-DIRECT INTERVENTION IS NECESSARY

Man, everyone wants to get down and give Garrus head these days.... lol

I guess I can't blame them, he's an awesome character with a lot of depth. It's interesting to see him pursue wrong doers so relentlessly and the cost of his zeal to pursue the scum of the galaxy.

Loved Turian Batman!

immovablemover:
Where can he go from here that would keep the character interesting? He could go bad. His methods have become more an more extreme, as his personality has, throughout the series. It would be quite a neat little twist to have him slowly forget his ethics, perhaps succumb to Indoctrination.

The second mass effect was lacking in the "Tangible Enemy" department, filled in ME1 by Saren, It would certainly be an interesting plot device to have Garrus fill a similar role in ME3.
just my thoughts..

I could see it going that way, although it would make me sad to see Garrus become the bad guy. I haven't played ME2 yet after being almost completely Paragon in ME1 and letting that Dr Heart guy live on Garrus's personal mission, so I don't know how much of my talk with Garrus about ethics and stuff will stick.

But I can understand where he might be going. He started as an in-line cop who got frustrated by red tape that allowed too many criminals to get away. He then takes matters into his own hands and his team gets killed fighting crime. So I could see how he might be a little jaded and driven by necessity (in his eyes) to be more vicious.

Marowit:

Ghengis John:

Marowit:

just sayin'!

That's what backslides means - I am saying that they'll be hard pressed to find a more badass inspiration than batman....

I know and I'm agreeing with you.

Boba Frag:
Man, everyone wants to get down and give Garrus head these days.... lol

Mordin would not recommend this action.

I'm just about the upcoming mutilation he'll be facing

TheKruzdawg:

I could see it going that way, although it would make me sad to see Garrus become the bad guy.

I think this is what would make it a memorable twist; It makes sense within the arc (or could happen without a giant U-turn) and it would have a demonstrable emotional impact on the player. Most people like Garrus, I know I do (I nearly creamed when I first saw him in ME2), so fighting against him would be, genuinely, difficult.

Where does one go after being Dirty Harry and Batman?

Awesome. You simply become an entity of Awesome.

Garrus' stairway
Dirty Harry - Batman - Choose between morphing to Rorschach or Jesus.

Can he even become more awesome after Bat-turian/Bat-Garrus?

Keep it up! Always looking forward to the next Critical Miss.

When I saw the title I was expecting V8s and shredded tires. I am disappoint.

Shirokurou:
Garrus' stairway

Or some epic combination of the two that breathes fire.

RT-Medic-with-shotgun:

Shirokurou:
Garrus' stairway

"CROSSED AND DROPPED!"
or
"Garrus Journal: October 12th, 2185. Vorcha carcass in alley this morning, tire tread on burst stomach. This city is afraid of me. I have seen its true face. The streets are extended gutters and the gutters are full of blood and when the drains finally scab over, all the vermin will drown. The accumulated filth of all their asari sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the dancers and council members will look up and shout "Save us!"... and I'll whisper "Can this wait? I'm in the middle of some calibrations."

Did they forget to add a punchline this week?

Shirokurou:

RT-Medic-with-shotgun:

Shirokurou:
Garrus' stairway

"CROSSED AND DROPPED!"
or
"Garrus Journal: October 12th, 2185. Vorcha carcass in alley this morning, tire tread on burst stomach. This city is afraid of me. I have seen its true face. The streets are extended gutters and the gutters are full of blood and when the drains finally scab over, all the vermin will drown. The accumulated filth of all their asari sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the dancers and council members will look up and shout "Save us!"... and I'll whisper "Can this wait? I'm in the middle of some calibrations."

Oh man thats a good one.

I have a PS3 and that's where I played Mass Effect. As such I only played 2 and that little story fill in comic. Garrus never talked to me. He always told me he was busy until he had his one mission, then never spoke to me again. Add in the fact that I was a sniper/infiltrator and Garrus and I never spent much time together. I have no connection to the character. I pretty much just ignored him for the whole game.

For the record my teammates were Grunt/Zaeed and Tali/Jack/Mordin. Rotated based on what I felt like doing at the time.

Also Thane. I never really did anything with Thane but I thought he was significantly better characterized than Garrus. He had some really interesting conversations. Garrus just had nothing to say.

Shirokurou:

RT-Medic-with-shotgun:

Shirokurou:
Garrus' stairway

"CROSSED AND DROPPED!"
or

Holy shit I lol'd. That's amazing.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Your account does not have posting rights. If you feel this is in error, please contact an administrator. (ID# 62222)