Stolen Pixels #250: A Friendship Built with Lego

Stolen Pixels #250: A Friendship Built with Lego

It's all fun and games until someone ends up in the Sarlacc Pit.

Read Full Article

It's cool. I krazy glued my body parts together.

"So it's amazingly faithful to the movies, is what I'm saying."

That was in serious need of a rimshot.

Happy 250th comic Shamus! I was expecting something a little more celebratory but this is good.

Well, yeah that's about right for Lego Multiplayer. At least he wasn't TRYING to kill Dr. Outdated, or we would have had some ... entertainment?

Shamus Young:
Then as the sequels wore on, the sense of wonder vanished. Pretty soon it lost the spark of magic and enthusiasm and became a routine cash-in with no heart.

So it's amazingly faithful to the movies, is what I'm saying.

Zing! Indeed.

I can't help but notice that they're playing on GBA's? Anyone else see that?

Zachary Amaranth:

http://instantrimshot.com/classic/?sound=rimshot

Anyway, yeah. That sentence just made me laugh heartily.

Irridium:

Zachary Amaranth:

http://instantrimshot.com/classic/?sound=rimshot

Anyway, yeah. That sentence just made me laugh heartily.

And I sorta should have seen it coming, but I didn't.

Shamus Young:
Then as the sequels wore on, the sense of wonder vanished. Pretty soon it lost the spark of magic and enthusiasm and became a routine cash-in with no heart.

At least the characters stayed three dimensional!
and more edgy!

Lego Star Wars Complete Saga is so much win. Highly recommended if you have a wii.

Shamus Young:

I do suggest playing with children.

Not that I took that out of context or anything at first...

OH MAH LAWD, have I ever missed this comic. I don't know why I'm saying this now, but Breen and the Combine soldier just brought that home for me.

Zing!

Wow. All that time away from Minecraft has certainly made Breen a bit of a hissy bitch.

Shamus Young:
The Lego Star Wars series is an interesting beast. It began as something new, exciting, and unexpected. For a limited budget, developer Traveller's Tales was able to make something that could be enjoyed by adults and children alike. Then as the sequels wore on, the sense of wonder vanished. Pretty soon it lost the spark of magic and enthusiasm and became a routine cash-in with no heart.

Yeah, I can agree. By LEGO Batman, the fun factor had waned a bit and I was a lot more noticing of all the little gameplay problems that they still hadn't done anything to address yet. It also ended up being the last LEGO game I've played in a while. Maybe I should check some reviews on the newer games and see if they finally improved anything.

Mmm, sad but true on it's inevitable decline...

250 comics and these gmod ones are still great! Shamus, you, like me, are a good rag-doll poser. I just wanted to mention that.

might I add that the Star Wars films all still managed to remain mostly positive across the boards

however, apparently the same can't be said with the latest Lego Star Wars game...

To be fair to the series....the cutscene LEGO pantomime parodies are still fucking hilarious.

It's just the collect-a-thon gameplay that gets old after 2-3 games.

And the fact that only one or two random titles got online co-op.

Hang on... Metrocop is ON DUTY at this point?

I love you Dr. Breen.

And I love Traveller's Tales for bringing me Lego Star Wars- being able to play as Luke and Han and Obi Wan was fantastic, although I know that it's possible to that in Battle Front (which is fucking sweet) there's something special about their Lego selves.

Just how are they playing Lego Star Wars with Game Boy Advances?

Yay for more Breen! Oh, and Metro, too! Yay!

I must confess to being a little disappointed. When I saw Lego in the name I actually figured it was going to be Minecraft.
My brain is broken. Where's my workbench?

Well said, Shamus. Though they are exceptionally fun with a buddy, spread out over reasonable increments of time.

I dunno - my son and I have played the hell out of SW:TCS. It is a bit long, especially when you're playing with a four year old, but it usually mixed things up enough that I didn't mind.

The new Clone Wars one seems to have done some actual innovation, but it's also harder, which means I'm avoiding getting it for my 4 year old as long as possible, to avoid constant "Dad! I need help!" shouts. ;)

Man, that's a good line. Amazingly well done, sir.

When the Combine officer talks in the comic, am I the only one who hears it through garbled speech in my mind?

OT: Unfortunately, he's right. The Lego series has been on the decline.

I use to do the same shit with my brother when we were a little younger and played Lego Star Wars lol, we got bored and killed each other and stuff.

My brother and I had similar fights...

What the- Since when has Stolen Pixels been back. Wow I am way out of the loop. Good, I've missed these :)

Eh, I only every played Lego Races. I don't know about the declining quality of the Star Wars lego games.

Yeah pokemon red let's you control your wii

That last speech bubble was awesome ^_^ hehe great strip.

"Pretty soon it lost the spark of magic and enthusiasm and became a routine cash-in with no heart.

So it's amazingly faithful to the movies, is what I'm saying."

Of course you are (sigh). It's a shame, I really enjoyed the strip too.

I too have come to express plaudits and approval for the most righteous zinger.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here