301: Strapped for Cash

Pages PREV 1 2 3

DonTsetsi:

vxicepickxv:

DonTsetsi:
I know how it is, being part of the European market, but having much less income than most citizens of the other member countries. StarCraft2 was 1/4th of my monthly income at launch and it's not much cheaper now.

I think the only reason the price changes for you guys is because of currency exchange. It's still 60 USD here.

It's 60 Euro in the European Union, but my country is the poorest in Europe.

That's a perfect example of why it's a bad idea.

Out of interest DonTsetsi. What country are you from?[/quote]
Bulgaria

Abandon4093:

Straying Bullet:

Abandon4093:

Moving to the Euro is a dumb idea. That's why the UK is refusing to do it.

Just look at the trouble Greece and Southern Ireland are in because of the ill advised move.

A universal currency, or even just a continental currency, is a really bad idea anyway.

For one thing, not all of the countries using the same currency need the same interest rate. Europe is a pretty big place and there are countries at either end of the demographic scale who require very different needs. A country doing well needs a higher interest rate whilst a struggling economy needs a low one. How can that be regulated fairly when you have once currency?

Not to mention ridiculous side effects like tax harmonisation and loss of national control over currency.

You don't get it do you? I have no trouble with them keeping the Pound. I am WELL aware what Europe is facing but I simply don't bother with currency exchange rates and rather know what I am paying at that exact moment. But for you to get all political/economical about it, wasn't needed. Appreciated but futile.

But the author already gave me a website originated in The Netherlands itself with shockingly cheap prices.

The only thing I was replying to was the fact that you said

you:
Something with the pound-euro currency just makes me less trustful against a nation who is in the EU but refuses to use the Euro.

I'm just pointing out why they refused to move.

And exchange rates are a good thing for countries less well off trading with better off countries. Take this guy for instance.

DonTsetsi:

vxicepickxv:
I think the only reason the price changes for you guys is because of currency exchange. It's still 60 USD here.

It's 60 Euro in the European Union, but my country is the poorest in Europe.

That's a perfect example of why it's a bad idea.

Out of interest DonTsetsi. What country are you from?

I'm from Bulgaria. Sorry about the messed up quotes

Here in Mexico, a new game for either the 360 or the PS3 costs around $999 mexican pesos, wich is roughly $73 US dollars and they're not even the limited editions, same with retail PC games. Heck, even Super Mario Galaxy 2 costs roughly the same as Gears of War 3.

Back in my youngest days, I used to pirate a lot of NES games and I know, first hand, how it is to have a cartdridge with "10 games in 1", I too pirated a lot of PS1 games back then, ironically, I never bought a pirate cartdridge for the N64, because I knew those were of poor quality. Even 5 or 6 years ago, I still pirated GameCube and PS2 games, even a lot of PC games.

Those days are now long gone, as I found that PC gaming is much more affordable than consoles in my country, thanks to Steam, GOG, the Humble Indie Bundle and other sales, now, in the span of 3 years, I have more than 200 legit games, bought with my hard earned cash and I didn't have to go through shady torrent sites and questionable sellers in the flea market to buy pirated PC games, heck, once they sold me a freakin' blank disc with nothing written in it, I guess that karma can be a bitch.

Pages PREV 1 2 3

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here