Daily Drop: Chainmail

Chainmail

AC 5 chainmail is not enough to avoid Daily Drops 14 THAC0.

Watch Video

Eh. Looked okay briefly. What did you add to the chainmail for the Extra Testing? That did make it look a little better.

And ah, a piggy bank tomorrow. I think you guys did something similar earlier, but whatever. Does it have change in it, I hope?

Huh. Those were mighty small pieces of armour.

Must have been the female versions.

Zhukov:

Must have been the female versions.

My thoughts exactly. That piece of chainmail offers full-body protection when applied to a woman.

Mydnyght:
Eh. Looked okay briefly. What did you add to the chainmail for the Extra Testing? That did make it look a little better.

And ah, a piggy bank tomorrow. I think you guys did something similar earlier, but whatever. Does it have change in it, I hope?

Scales, in reference to actual scale mail. It's scale plated chain mail. The design is functional against impact hits because the scales end up spreading out the hit over a larger portion of the body.

The hell was the point of that? Nothing broke.

Ooooohhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!! I was expecting them to drop a load of letters on the ground.....

I was kinda hoping for a drop of a full chain shirt. Ahh well. Now drop a PS3, damn it!

Macgyvercas:
I was kinda hoping for a drop of a full chain shirt. Ahh well. Now drop a PS3, damn it!

They should drop more than one of them.

After all, not only does Paul have a white coat, but he has three PS3s! :)

That was the least interesting drop yet from a visual standpoint. Still, the results must be preserved in the interests of drop science. What does it say about chainmail that it didn't do anything spectacular?

Wow, wave of nostalgia there. I recall Chainmail having AC of 5 in 2nd Edition of AD&D. IIRC, Tarasques had a THAC0 of -5. Basically, a Tarasque would get five attacks per round with a 75% chance to hit with each attack on someone with an AC of -10. To put that in perspective, platinum armor is AC 1. Yeah, that's just one of the reasons that they're the most formidable foe in the Monster Manual.

... Why are you all looking at me like that? I'm old and nerdy, OK?!

I liek shiny things :P

That was.........THE MOST EPIC DROP EVER! /end sarcasm

:-P

That was a bit of an anticlimax...

The piggy bank should be good though.

That chainmail and scalemail was nice and shiny. I wonder what kind of change will be in that piggy bank?

2nd edition comments make Draco happy. :D

Where can you buy that?

Would have liked to see a full chainmail vest get dropped, rather than just a tiny piece.

UGH! You said Thaco. I'm still trying to forget that mechanic. :)

Ooooooooh, that's what it was. When I saw the preview yesterday, I thought it was steel wool.

It should have taken you all knight and day to break that chain mail!

Oh please get 2 piggy banks a break one with the crowbar PLEASE. I would love to see that thing shatter to pieces.

Huh, well at least hte scale-mail looked allright folding in, out and over itself...

Aw, I was expecting a 15 kilogram chain shirt. I have one right here, just needed to ask me :P

Still waiting for a blade, LARP or real.

Well that was dull as fuck. Ah well.

I anticipate a probation/suspension for daring not to like Escapist content.

Ohhhhhhhh, that type of chainmail... not the other type that I totally didn't think it would be and was a little perplexed as to how it would work...

So the ground has a mere 14 thac0?
Does that mean it often miss?

Man, I hate thac0.
It's so... unnecessarily complicated.
And backwards.

Would have loved to seen what impact the crowbar would have made, bet it would have rippled like a liquid.

I see no one else noticed that in the first drop, one of the rings went flying off to the left. That was cool!

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here