A Letter from the Editor-in-Chief

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Cast your vote to declare that gaming is here to stay.

Read Full Article

vote cast

I voted. Feel dirty, though. Signing up to a website to do one thing and never going back feels wrong.

Huzzah! Experiencing some difficulty with the 'entry-selection-and-then-vote' bit though.

Voted! We're in second place at 24%!

RedEyesBlackGamer:
I voted. Feel dirty, though. Signing up to a website to do one thing and never going back feels wrong.

Don't feel bad, just vote for them next year xD

OT: Nice speech Chief, you'll have my vote.

You both have my vote and immense gratitude for creating this site.
So, thank you.

Where can I get the latest games news, commentary, articles, comics and videos in the same place as I can get my pony and 40k fix? The Escapist that's where.

Sorry Martha Stewart but you are severely lacking in any of the above, improve this by next year and you might have a shot at my vote.

Vote cast.

And... done. :)

Not looking to shabby in the standings so far either. :)

The Escapist #1 at 28%, woot!!

Congrats guys!

You got my vote

This bronie is behind you all the way, because the Escapist makes anything 20% cooler.

You have my vote!

Mickus:
This bronie is behind you all the way, because the Escapist makes anything 20% cooler.

You have my vote!

Amen to that my bronie. However, I am afraid to report that GameSpot is tied with The Escapist = being both at 33%.

May we carry out this website on top and show them all just how amazing this Community truly is. To arms my brothers and sisters! Don't think this is just a voting contest- it's so much more! Think of what will benefit us if we do win!

XxRyanxX:

Mickus:

You have my vote!

Amen to that my bronie. However, I am afraid to report that GameSpot is tied with The Escapist = being both at 33%.

May we carry out this website on top and show them all just how amazing this Community truly is. To arms my brothers and sisters! Don't think this is just a voting contest- it's so much more! Think of what will benefit us if we do win!

Yeah we are tied for "best game related" but winning "Best Lifestyle" by about 5% at time of posting. Closest to us is Sweet Beat with 24%.

Russ Pitts:

Read Full Article

Best of luck to you on this. You're the choice of this people.

voted. ATM The Escapist is first at both categories, good luck guys.

Did my part and voted!

The escapist is currently winning both categories it has been nominated for!
The staff should throw up a thread about voting as well.

Go Escapist! *click*

Edit: We're beating Gamespot by only two points guys. Let's show them some site spirit guys!

Escapist in the lead with 33% :D

Russ Pitts:

Read Full Article

Wow! Truly and accomplishment and it's my completely biased opinion that there is no one more deserving. Congratulations!!
You have my sword, and my vote.

EDIT: Looks like we're crushing our competition, how are we gonna celebrate our victory? 5 new ZPs in one day?

Hey Russ, shouldn't that be 'jailbird' queen? lol

I will say though that I like the way you've worded your letter, it's very peppy and upbeat about the whole thing.

I do however feel that you're misrepresenting things a bit. You say that there are more types of game on the market now, that might be correct but all but one of those are shooter. ;)

The way the industry stands at the moment is horribly restrictive and incestuous and stacking goodwill and congrats on it in the form of a major public move like this is legitimising the direction the unimaginative publishers are forcing our 'lifestyle choice' to take.

I feel that people of your stature within the industry should be taking more of a stance on the gamer's behalf, by helping to guide the direction away from dull mediocrity and blind alleys... after all, in general we don't get listened to, we get fed whatever pap they want to feed us.

Maybe 'if' the industry starts going in a direction that is beneficial to the gamer and not just to those filling their pockets, then it'll be a subject worth giving such accolades to but until we get a healthier and more evenly balanced outlook for the people actually spending the money, No Vote, I'm afraid... The industry can collaspe under it's own flatulent bulk.

In your face, Martha Stewart!

Voted. Fingers crossed for another Webby, guys.

Would love to vote. Tried to vote in both categories. Wouldn't let me. It said "Please select an entry before submitting your vote". I DID YOU @#$%ING WEBSITE! Chose Escapist both times. Still got the same response.

I want to stab something small and cute with a broken shard of glass...

Where do you want my signature in blood? :)

1st place with 35%

GO ESCAPIST!

Looks like The Escapist is leading. Awesome.

You got my votes.
Oh, and I'll be remembering "please vote for us. We'd do it for you".
And one day... you'll see. You'll all see!!! BwahahahHAHAHAHAH AAAAH AHAHAHAHH!
But yeah, i have no problems voting for the escapist. I really like this place.

Well, having squarely placed my "I'm British" hat on, I have no idea who Martha Stewart is. A quick wiki scan reveals her to be a successful businesswoman with many fingers in many pies. Am I missing something?

I hope the hat protects me.

Anyway, yeah voting done like a grateful peon.

Seriously though; I like this site, a lot.

What? I have to register for this shit?

Is it that time of the year again?

Cast my votes. The Escapist is leading in both categories; let's hope it stays that way. Lord knows this site deserves another Webby.
And I agree, Russ - the fact that this site was nominated for 'Lifestyle' is a tremendous opportunity for the video game medium. Let us hope for the best. :)

I voted to. It's pretty neat to see escapist leading. Let's hope it's stays that way. it's a big opportunity for games.

Signed up and voted. This is my favourite website, and I honestly think that The Escapist and all its people deserve any awards they can get.

Great site guys, keep it up. I'm linking this on my Facebook wall, wanna try and do my part!

Spangles:
that might be correct but all but one of those are shooter. ;)

No Vote, I'm afraid... The industry can collaspe under it's own flatulent bulk.

The first point is just wrong. Console gaming, PC gaming, Wii gaming, the move/kinect, the HUNDREDS of millions of free game players... I could go on.

The second point, while I agree with you overall view of the industry, is again, misguided I feel. Don't like the industry? Good for you, I say vote with you wallet and don't buy what doesn't interest you. Rock on. But if everyone took your view the escapist would be made a laughing stocks in the votes and surely this website doesn't deserve that because you're a bit peeved with the direction of the industry right now?

P.S. sorry for the double post mods...

voted :D altho I did have to sign up, whereas before I was voting (for Nathan Fillion) via Twitter lol

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here