A Letter from the Editor-in-Chief

Pages PREV 1 2 3 NEXT

Leading the pack by at least 16%. It's looking good.

Voted, and sweet! Ahead at 36% :3

Go team E!

Call me paranoid or cynical, but i don't think a vote for the Escapist would "send a signal loud enough to be heard on every corner of the web that games, as a medium, have arrived."

It would rather mean The Escapist would get more attention, and therefore more revenue from ads or whatever. Now, that is of course not a bad thing for The Escapist, but the phrasing makes it look like we're doing ourselves a favor. No, we would be doing The Escapist a favor, there is no other political or social agenda that can be attached to the Webby Awards, and i don't like to be conned into taking part to something that doesn't concern me.

I nonetheless wish this website the best, may the extra revenue allow you to make more interesting content, i guess it would then benefit us too, should you take that route that is.

Unlike the upcoming American election, I feel that my vote counts here and feel strongly that my chosen candidate is an accurate constituent of their given community. That said: duty done.

Hehe... duty...

The Escapist is winning. WOOOT!!!

voted for the escapist in every category including sports. :)

Voted ! The Escapist leads in the lifestyle section which is both proof that it rocks and that most of the viewers of Martha Stewart can`t computer.

Go Escapist! 1st place with 37%
Great job. You guys really deserve it.

I consider this somewhat of a "thank you" to this site, so yeah, onward to victory!

+1 Vote from me. I think of The Escapist as a lifestyle. An AWESOME lifestyle that involves Bacon, Ponies, and sweet games.

Russ Pitts:
A Letter from the Editor-in-Chief

Cast your vote to declare that gaming is here to stay.

Read Full Article

Well spoken. It very much feels as if a lifestyle, and one I do quite happen to enjoy. Plus, this is an awesome community.

You have my votes, good sir. Hopin' for the best!

Voted.

Although, the main thing that disturbs me is that there's a serious amount of ass kissing going on in here. While a lot of it may have justification, and I've spent a considerable amount of my time on this site among several key others, I only voted in the favour of the Escapist because it was the best in the categories but far from my favourite in either. That being said, this place is responsible for a handful of nerdgasms that I swear could only have been written with me in mind (I'm looking at you Lisa and your Tengaar love).

Hope things go well folks.

Voted.

"We" are ahead in lifestyle and game related.

Also would like to note that robot unicorn's attack is beating the crap out of cityville.

We're currently leading in both categories! Lets go guys! Maybe we can get badges :D

Site currently down?

Gaderael:
We're currently leading in both categories! Lets go guys! Maybe we can get badges :D

Mayyyyyyyyybe. :)

larrykoubiak:
Call me paranoid or cynical, but i don't think a vote for the Escapist would "send a signal loud enough to be heard on every corner of the web that games, as a medium, have arrived."

It would rather mean The Escapist would get more attention, and therefore more revenue from ads or whatever. Now, that is of course not a bad thing for The Escapist, but the phrasing makes it look like we're doing ourselves a favor. No, we would be doing The Escapist a favor, there is no other political or social agenda that can be attached to the Webby Awards, and i don't like to be conned into taking part to something that doesn't concern me.

I nonetheless wish this website the best, may the extra revenue allow you to make more interesting content, i guess it would then benefit us too, should you take that route that is.

Sure, it would benefit us, but that's not why we're excited about it. If all we wanted was more attention, we'd be begging you just as hard to help us crush Joystiq or Gamespot, or something. And, hey, winning in Games Related would certainly be great, but it wouldn't be as important as getting Gaming considered in the same regard as things like home improvement, gardening, cooking, and other "normal" hobbies. Honestly, I'd be pushing you to vote for ANY gaming site that was nominated in the Lifesytle category. It just so happens that it's us.

I voted in both categories! I heart the Escapist.

Gaming as a lifestyle? A hobby can't be a lifestyle. What are you, Furry or something?

Vote cast... but I'm keeping my eye on you!

I got to vote for two of my favorite websites in that thing: The Escapist and The Onion (I loooooove The Onion's AV Club. In-depth analysis of the "Now That's What I call Music!" series intrigues me for some reason).

Vote

"Gaming is a hobby ... if gaming is a lifestyle to you, than you're doing in wrong"
-Moviebob

Just voted. A big thank you to the Escapist and the community at large- you provide all of us with so much goodness in the form of both humor and intelligent discussion about the past, present, and future of the industry that means so much to us.

My vote is in, good luck Escapist, you deserve some industry-wide recognition.

We're pulling even farther ahead; 44% now!

In the category for best lifestyle? What does that even mean? Meh, I voted anyway.

Don't get me wrong I really do like this website, I spend enough time wandering around in it, but should we be pushing for gaming to be considered a lifestyle? maybe to those in the industry it is and I can respect that, but to us normal folk it should only be a hobby, like brewing your own crappy beer. I guess this place is as "lifestylish" as other gaming websites but really.... there's more to life than games for me(thank god!). I won't vote out of principle, but I hope you win if only for your entertaining forums and great content.

Voted, and looks like the Escapist has a huge majority in both categories.

Zenron:
In the category for best lifestyle? What does that even mean? Meh, I voted anyway.

Eh, it's basically "thing you're really into and/or that means a lot to you." It's hard to compare gaming to being vegan, but what's important, in my opinion, is that it's being taken as seriously as more established, "normal," personal points of view - like gardening, cooking, etc.

Thanks for your vote!

Ah, "lifestyle". This is a category that also includes Martha Stewart. This means that either:

1) "lifestyle" is just their overblown way of saying "that thing I like",
or
2) it really means "the way I live my life" and there is a cult of sad people out there who worship Martha Stewart in the Jesus way, not the celebrity way.

So I'm hoping it's #1 and am gonna vote for the Escapist accordingly.

Voted. We won the 09 Webby's but what ever happened to 2010 though?

Vote cast.

/Fingergun

Been there done that. I'm sure we're going to power ahead to a win. ;)

last i checked we were ahead, but that was two days ago and now the standings are hidden anyone have a recent update like from the 26th?

I dont know how everyone else feels, but for me I will be VERY f8cking happy when these Web awards are over. I'm so sick of bottom-screen pop ups, and complete page changes whenever I want to watch my fav Excapist vids. Yeah I voted for your site Russ, but next year, please be a little LESS persistant about it eh? ppl like the site and everything everyone contributes to it, we will vote for you regardless (and in my case, in spite) of your annoying pop ups. Dont add them next ye ha plz?

-Awatkins

Pages PREV 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or