Skyrim Preview

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT

Skyrim Preview

I have been to the cold, white north and I have seen the dragons.

Read Full Article

that looks more like a bad ass tiger person then a kitty cat person like in the other game

It's a shame I'll have to buy the console version, for I fear that the PC version's graphics would utterly destroy my laptop. Nonetheless, the game is just sounding better and better.

Epic preview. This game will be phenomenal!

Screw Minecraft's release on 11/11, Skyrim all the way.

Can't wait for this.

XD yayayayayay

Sounds promising

were they able to show the demo in video yet? I'd love to watch the demo myself.

I wandered around Oblivion for a while before I just got bored and quit. Fallout 3's leveling enemies are much more to my liking. Hopefully this Elder Scrolls fits me :] I do want to get into it

What about all the important stuff? Like will there be giant floating squid?

I simply canNOT wait for this game.

That sounds amazing but I'm not sceptic about the eco-system in the world. Red dead redemption offered a system like that where you get to see animals hunting each other e.t.c. But it was just a series of random encounters.

Even if the eco-system isn't what its supposed to be skyrim still looks the be one of the best games ever!

I'm trying to convince my wife that I need to upgrade my computer before this gets released, although her getting an Ipad for her birthday my sweeten my chances

Well....that looked awesome.

Yep... Still can't wait.

Also, Khajit looking like Khajit and not an overgrown kitten = win.

Ooooh. I am drooling. I am drooling heavily. Call me a TES fanboy if you want, but serve me up games like this and I'll wear that damn moniker with a smile.

Oh, shitting dick cheese, I need to improve my PC SOON!
I CAN'T WAIT JESUS

Looks awesome!

Also: Whenever I play an Elder Scrolls game, I like to imagine that all my new characters have been imprisoned for public urination.

It will be interesting to play DAII and Skyrim the same year. Sounds like they are going to be very different experiences.

Damn, I wants it now. I especially love the sound of how items you drop can even affect what happens, and that it's your morality that will make those differences. Actually, I hope the morality plays a bigger difference than the last Oblivion cause I felt it was just there cause it could be.

Also, wonder if the Dark Broterhood are still around and kicking >:3

Wow, this sounds impressive. Can't wait!!!

Meh, I'm still not jumping on the hype bandwagon. Oblivion also promised loads of cool stuff, looked unbelivable, but, IMO, all we got was a watered down action game that barely represented an RPG. It's going to take more than a few videos and promises to get me excited for this one.

Even if the "radiant" stuff is less than they are making it out to be (again), this game is going to be made of win.

I'm very intrigued !

The Khajiit look like what they did in Morrowind.

This is a very good thing, very good.

Still not gonna get hyped for this, until I know more, and when I say more I mean played it because I am not going to listen to any Bethesda fanboys which are a plenty.

... I cant believe there is still 7 months left until this

"As in previous games, the right stick can add a little English to your strikes, which should give you a sense of control over your swings and stabs."

I don't think I appreciate them taking our children and sticking them to their swords.

Seriously, what does that mean?!

Do want, do want, do want!

Woodsey:
"As in previous games, the right stick can add a little English to your strikes, which should give you a sense of control over your swings and stabs."

I don't think I appreciate them taking our children and sticking them to their swords.

Um... I guess they're saying Englishmen fight well? I think?

Awesome, I was waiting for this :D Didn't think the Escapist would get a preview!

Chaza:
That sounds amazing but I'm not sceptic about the eco-system in the world. Red dead redemption offered a system like that where you get to see animals hunting each other e.t.c. But it was just a series of random encounters.

Even if the eco-system isn't what its supposed to be skyrim still looks the be one of the best games ever!

Red Dead Redemption is old news, compared to TES. They always do a ridiculous amount of innovation - even Oblivion, which everyone says has pathetic mechanics with people having stilted conversations about mudcrabs?

I played that near release, and clearly remember how awesome it was to see two people interacting with people other than me, of their own accord.

EDIT: From ign:

there's no more persuasion mini-game to worry about

Expected it, but still - :D :D :D :D

Orcs aren't shiny! Hooray!

Edit 2: Loving how no one can spell Draugr properly XD

Goddammit, now I want to play this. Too bad my PoS laptop probably can't run it. Also, the Khajiits looking like tigers kinda seals the deal.

What? I like Khajiits.

Hopefully this environmental/AI system works as well as it sounds. Then I can shove it in the face of all the STALKER fans who claim that STALKER has the best environmental/npc AI ever (you know, despite it being so buggy that it doesn't matter), and can only do so with a segmented, loading screen world, and not an open world.

I also like the idea of not determining your characters core path before you get a chance to play. I've always hated that, because I inevitably come to a spot in a game where I go "dammit, I should have picked that trait instead," but at the very start of the pre-game, there's no way you could tell anything about that.

Also, having fluid conversations while being able to move around and progress with the game... f'ing awesome. I hate the stilted mannequin conversations in Mass Effect that totally suck you out of the action.

Woodsey:

I'm pretty sure it means you'll be given some control over the direction you attack. I know in billiards, applying English to the cue ball influences its trajectory, making it curve a little instead of traveling in a straight line.

I'm excited, but still suspicious. I've bought and played every mainline Elder Scrolls game (yes, even Arena!), and I've long feared they've been stagnating. And taking undue advantage of the Construction Set.

Bethesda, please do things like make nice-looking character models this time. All the scenery in the world isn't worth much when my character looks like she's been run over by a cliffracer. Don't just throw the game out with any old polygons and trust the modding community to make your game actually look decent. Hire the Better Bodies crew on contract if you have to. But the past two games have felt to me like you've gone through the motions and let the modders finish your game. (Seriously. If you're going to package a construction set and make it blitheringly easy to make custom races, don't you think you should ship the game in a state that it will actually start if you're playing one? That shouldn't require a mod to fix.)

I can't wait to play a completed Skyrim. But only if it's completed by Bethesda instead of people who are working for free. Otherwise I'd rather send money to the modders instead of Bethesda.

Man, this game looks like it's going to be incredible, and definitely the type of game I want to get for the PC...I just have to build a new one now that can handle it... T_T

And so did many social lives end...

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or