Skyrim Preview

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT

I need to go and change my shorts now. If you will excuse me.

Aw crap. I can't use the ground as eternal, free storage anymore?

NO! NO NO NO NO NO NO NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

This can't be happening, AWWWWWUUGGHH.

I was going to make an RPG in which the money you spent in the towns you visited had a direct financial impact on the town/city. Damn you developers for invading my head!

After jizzing my pants like never before at the gameplay trailer, im trying to calm down as to not overhype this game. I hadnt gotten that much into the RPG scene once I got Oblivion and Morrowind so it was virtually impossible for me to be disappointed (I was an extremely casual gamer, got my 360, and bought Oblivion just because it sounded good... I had no idea what the Elder Scrolls were. Now I have a pretty high end gaming pc and have played DA:O, Oblivion, Morrowind, Baldurs Gate, Planescape: Torment, Diablo 2 etc.. mostly to completion). But anyway, to get to the point, im staying scepticle. Does this all sound good? Yes, it sounds like the best game ever. BUT. But who knows exactly how set-up this demo was, who knows how this radiant stuff will work out in the end game?

Im looking forward to this game. More than any game before. But dont forget those demos for Oblivion, and how they compared to the actual gameplay. Skyrim will probably be an amazing game and set the standard for RPGs to come, however, going into it with the mindset "OMG THIS IS GOING TO BE THE BESTEST GAME EVER" and you will probably be disappointed.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Various

Uhhh why does this ruin look exactly the same as the ones from Oblivion?

This sounds like everything I want in an elder scrolls game.

Just please Bethesda, for the love of god please let us fly some awesome dragons. Modders will only find a way anyway.

Steve Butts:
Skyrim Preview

I have been to the cold, white north and I have seen the dragons.

Read Full Article

I hate you. I really do. Jealousy, thy name is moi.

Vrach:

But look! I brought you this preview!

This company is going to ruin my life!

in all seriousness, I'm hyped as hell seeing these. though I still want to SEE the demo in full for myself. Kajhit look AWESOME. Orcs look....ugly as hell, like they are supposed to. Have we seen Argonians yet? I want to see what the Argonians look like. Though the ruin we see looks like a ruin from Oblivion, except more HD.

Woodsey:
"As in previous games, the right stick can add a little English to your strikes, which should give you a sense of control over your swings and stabs."

I don't think I appreciate them taking our children and sticking them to their swords.

Seriously, what does that mean?!

I assumed it meant English Mustard, i.e. spice. It makes more sense than children.

Also, fuck Dijon.

Looking good though, I may have to get a new laptop though.

I was tentitive about character design. I know the humanish characters looked better, but for me it was all about the Khajiit. I am happy to say I'm glad for the design. I truely cannot wait to play the game! I hope my Radion 5850 will be able to play it at decent settings. I only just upgraded so I probably couldn't afford another one for a long long while.

Steve Butts:
It gets even better as the shopkeeper's sister offers to guide Todd to the path the robbers might have taken. As Todd walks alongside her, she pours out most of the "tell me more" information that keeps the action from progressing in games like Mass Effect.

So kind of like the walking/riding expository conversations in Assassin's Creed 2/Brotherhood, but with dialogue options?

I want this game now. That khajiit looks great, I always play like one of them.

Mumorpuger:
Looks awesome!

Also: Whenever I play an Elder Scrolls game, I like to imagine that all my new characters have been imprisoned for public urination.

Man with you going to an execution in this one, he'd have had to piss on something really important, like the Emperor's tome or something. Which would be epic in its own respect.

Consider my interest piqued. I'll probably give it a go at some point. I like when characters give story information during gameplay, like while on horse rides in RDR. As much as I love BioWare games, you're probably right that they could use a little more spatial dynamism, with a little more of the "Investigate" information being given on the run.

Yay, they confirmed toolset for PC =) Pre-ordering collectors asap.

...Must...resist...urge...to...

*Runs to Bethesda's office to camp out until release*

I'm gonna go hibernate until November comes around. This game will be utterly incredible.

I just have to find an excuse for my Morrowind Crimelord character to be in Skyrim. Seems to be a long way away. He had an excuse to be in Cyrodiil; expanding (or repairing) his criminal empire.

But why Skyrim? What could be there for him?
One idea is having him captured at one point and officials just want him far, far away. So they send his ass all the way over there to get him executed. And my argonian being himself, escapes.

It's one idea.

I WANT IT SO BAD....

God I haven't been this obsessed with getting a taste since I hit puberty.

I'm, uh... not hyped? So the graphics are pretty and the game is a virtual equivalent of going to Canada. Hurray. So you can dual-wield stuff, that's never been done before. So skills level as you use them, just like in many other games including Oblivion and we all know how broken that was.

But the real question is: are there still the same facial animations? Because if there are, I will stick this game into the trash can and kill it with fire unless it has the most epic fucking story to compensate.

I need a new computer badly now...

poiumty:
I'm, uh... not hyped? So the graphics are pretty and the game is a virtual equivalent of going to Canada. Hurray. So you can dual-wield stuff, that's never been done before. So skills level as you use them, just like in many other games including Oblivion and we all know how broken that was.

But the real question is: are there still the same facial animations? Because if there are, I will stick this game into the trash can and kill it with fire unless it has the most epic fucking story to compensate.

So your biggest complaints are the facial animations and you'll condemn a clearly high-quality game to the trash can? Logic at it's finest...

I'm personally really really hyped for this game. It seems to keep the great elements from Morrowind and Oblivion while removing the crappy boring parts.

No classes? Yes please, I wanna train whatever I want without feeling I'm always gonna be suboptimal at it.

Perks? Alriiight, one of my fav features of fallout.

Dual wield? Awesome. Nuff said.

Better magic and archery? Dopeness.

Non-static NPC interactions? Thank god.

Dynamic, procedural content? Holy replay value batman!

Overall, I feel that unlike Oblivion, Skyrim is really gonna push the franchise forward.

Elder Scrolls is a must PC game. Unless they make consoles open to modding buying it on anything else than PC is a waste.

The more I hear about this game the more I cannot wait for it to be released.

Metalhandkerchief:
Yep... Still can't wait.

Also, Khajit looking like Khajit and not an overgrown kitten = win.

Totally, the only thing I could utter was "Finally a bad-ass looking Khajit. YES!"

I am loving this game the more I hear of it!

ChupathingyX:
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Various

Uhhh why does this ruin look exactly the same as the ones from Oblivion?

I think the imperial settled all over, probably left ruins across Tamriel.
Not sure though..

SQUEEE!

this is the first Eldar Scroll game i may actually enjoy (the others just made me bored after a while)

Will be picking this up without question :)

SlasherX:
I need to go and change my shorts now. If you will excuse me.

Have an accident did we? xD

fundayz:
So your biggest complaints are the facial animations and you'll condemn a clearly high-quality game to the trash can? Logic at it's finest...

Fanboy response. Oblivion was boring and stale and I don't see how Skyrim will be any better, nevermind "push the standard for RPGs for years to come". And yes, my biggest complaint is facial animations. Note that it isn't my ONLY one.
Logic doesn't have much to do with my personal opinion on a game, does it. Trying to objectify the entertainment value is typical for someone with a bias.

It's funny how the moment it was announced, people have jumped at it like it's gonna be the second coming of Christ without even seeing any of it. Very little in this preview gave me any indication of whether or not the game will be fun.

Though I didn't say I won't like it. I'm just cynical, mostly because I know the quality of Bethesda's products.

Looks sick! I especially love the dynamic conversation bit. Combat sounds awesome as well!

Steve Butts:

Not enough! Quelling our thirst requires more gameplay footage, or prepare to have your soul consumed and spewed out in a volley of screams!

Steve Butts:

Vrach:

Could've brought us the game instead!

poiumty:

fundayz:

Fanboy response. Oblivion was boring and stale and I don't see how Skyrim will be any better, nevermind "push the standard for RPGs for years to come". And yes, my biggest complaint is facial animations. Note that it isn't my ONLY one.

It's funny how the moment it was announced, people have jumped at it like it's gonna be the second coming of Christ without even seeing any of it. Very little in this preview gave me any indication of whether or not the game will be fun.

Though I didn't say I won't like it. I'm just cynical, mostly because I know the quality of Bethesda's products.

Not a fanboy just a fan of quality sandbox RPG's. If you didn't like Oblivion or other Bethesda RPG's that fine, but you can't claim that it was a boring and stale game.

It's obvious that you just don't like Bethesda-style games, but then why not just say "I don't like Bethesday RPG's and I don't think Skyrim will change my opinion" rather than make a baseless attack against an unreleased game?

I fail to understand how you "don't see how Skyrim will be any a better" when my previous post clearly outlines the major issues with previous TES titles and how Skyrim is attempting to fix them.

Oh, and as much as you might disagree, Morrowind and Oblivion ARE objectively good games and HAVE been consistently at the top of the sandbox RPG list. They might be terrible games FOR YOU, but that doesn't really change anything; entertainment VALUE might be subjective but entertainment QUALITY absolutely is not.

Imbechile:
Meh, I'm still not jumping on the hype bandwagon. Oblivion also promised loads of cool stuff, looked unbelivable, but, IMO, all we got was a watered down action game that barely represented an RPG. It's going to take more than a few videos and promises to get me excited for this one.

TBF, it was released in what, 2006?

They must have been working on it since 2004, back when PS2 was king. Unlike now, where they have a large technological advancement over its preprocessor. I doubt this is going to be another Fable 2

"Every user gets their own, unique dog" LIES PETER, LIES!

Guys? Can I speak to you on top of the volcano? And could you please wear the Ceremonial Sacrificial Ropes of...uh...Conversing? I just want to talk to you about a volcano god...

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here