Skyrim Preview

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT

ChupathingyX:
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Various

Uhhh why does this ruin look exactly the same as the ones from Oblivion?

Well, from an in-universe perspective, it's an Imperial fort, made using Imperial construction methods and in the Imperial style. Just like the ones from Cyrodil.

Awesome preview! November, why are you so far off? :(

Oh my god, I'm so excited. I'm seriously considering camping outside a store, just for this game..and ME3, but mostly Skyrim!

But can you arm two SHIELDS? Huh?

(I suspect the answer is yes, you go ahead and do that if you want.)

Lost In The Void:

Mumorpuger:
Looks awesome!

Also: Whenever I play an Elder Scrolls game, I like to imagine that all my new characters have been imprisoned for public urination.

Man with you going to an execution in this one, he'd have had to piss on something really important, like the Emperor's tome or something. Which would be epic in its own respect.

Indeed! It gets funnier with every addition to the series!

Heck, they had to ship me to a whole new land, in ES3.

Yup, I said I was gonna stop reading Skyrim previews 'cos it just makes November feel so much further away. I'm actually gonna do that now.

Also, I can't wait until this time next week, when I should be able to afford to renew my PubClub membership... forgot how annoying it was to have reviews and articles spread over two or three pages.

Mumorpuger:

Lost In The Void:

Mumorpuger:
Looks awesome!

Also: Whenever I play an Elder Scrolls game, I like to imagine that all my new characters have been imprisoned for public urination.

Man with you going to an execution in this one, he'd have had to piss on something really important, like the Emperor's tome or something. Which would be epic in its own respect.

Great now I have that image.

"Sir we're going to have to banish you; the fact you kept urinating on everything just does not lend you to this land. One more infraction and you're off to Morro....Are you urinating on my leg right now?!"

If my laptop can't run this I will rage so fucking hard.

oldtaku:
But can you arm two SHIELDS? Huh?

(I suspect the answer is yes, you go ahead and do that if you want.)

You say that as if it's not TOTALLY AWESOME.

Now I want to roll a Redguard and kit him out with full plate and double tower shields. My character will be a walking fortress.

Holy shit i want it and i want it now!

"In Skyrim difficultly levels are locked in place once you visit an area, so you'll have a chance to go out and get stronger before coming back and facing a challenge that's been getting the best of you."

So, discover every location at level 1, then gain 50 levels, and just mop up? Am I reading this right?

Lost In The Void:

Mumorpuger:

Lost In The Void:

"Sir we're going to have to banish you; the fact you kept urinating on everything just does not lend you to this land. One more infraction and you're off to Morro....Are you urinating on my leg right now?!"

"Sticking it to The Man, one confident stream at a time!"

Mumorpuger:

Lost In The Void:

Mumorpuger:

"Sticking it to The Man, one confident stream at a time!"

And that sir, has become my Twitter quote of the day. Congrats.

Mumorpuger:
Looks awesome!

You win one internetz.

Falseprophet:

Steve Butts:
It gets even better as the shopkeeper's sister offers to guide Todd to the path the robbers might have taken. As Todd walks alongside her, she pours out most of the "tell me more" information that keeps the action from progressing in games like Mass Effect.

So kind of like the walking/riding expository conversations in Assassin's Creed 2/Brotherhood, but with dialogue options?

Yes, that's close. It reminded me more of the walk-and-talk sequences in Red Dead Redemption. It's a nice way to fill in the backstory while the character is busy doing something else.

toquio3:
"In Skyrim difficultly levels are locked in place once you visit an area, so you'll have a chance to go out and get stronger before coming back and facing a challenge that's been getting the best of you."

So, discover every location at level 1, then gain 50 levels, and just mop up? Am I reading this right?

I've heard about this and apparently they have a level cap system thingy, for example if you are level five and u travel to a far off place you will find some dungeons that are set to 10-20 meaning if u enter them the minimum level of monsters is 10 and it will scale with you up untill 20 then after that it will cap and you can devestate it at level 30. dont qoute me on this though.

And I jizz in my pants.

Really. I can't say anything else.
When this game comes out, I might just climax so hard I end up destroying my surroundings.

fundayz:
Not a fanboy just a fan of quality sandbox RPG's. If you didn't like Oblivion or other Bethesda RPG's that fine, but you can't claim that it was a boring and stale game.

I didn't call you a fanboy. It bored me and I lost interest because nothing compelling was happening. Of course I can say it was a boring and stale game.
I don't know what you mean by "bethesda style". If you mean horrible plots and pointless filler dungeons, then yes, I don't like those games.

It's obvious that you just don't like Bethesda-style games, but then why not just say "I don't like Bethesday RPG's and I don't think Skyrim will change my opinion" rather than make a baseless attack against an unreleased game?

On the other hand people baselessly praising an unreleased game are TOTALLY FINE.

I fail to understand how you "don't see how Skyrim will be any a better" when my previous post clearly outlines the major issues with previous TES titles and how Skyrim is attempting to fix them.

Perks, dual wield and classes are the "major issues" with Oblivion? Man, you're making a good case for that fanboy argument.

Oh, and as much as you might disagree, Morrowind and Oblivion ARE objectively good games and HAVE been consistently at the top of the sandbox RPG list.

Ah yes, the sandbox RPG list. Such a long and prestigious list full of quality titles.

Fantastic preview, and those screens look amazing, the Orcs actually look imposing again.
I've said it before but there is no game I am looking forward to more.

I'm excited cause it sounds awesome. Looks like they learnt they lesson from watching people develop mods for Oblivion and then Fallout 3.
There might be a hardcore mode too ;D
It's nice to hear about ballanced leveling in Elder Scroll saga, and it be nice if many of previous bugs were gone then it would mean that witch each Elder Scroll we're getting to "perfect" cRPG Sandbox game ;)

Steve Butts:

Vrach:
I hate you. I really do. Jealousy, thy name is moi.

But look! I brought you this preview!

Hey did you get to see what an Argonian looks like in this new game? As my favourite race from Morrowind I was dearly disappointed with their Oblivion counterparts and with how the Khajiit look from the new game I am hoping they gave the Argonians the same treatment.

Steve Butts:

Vrach:
I hate you. I really do. Jealousy, thy name is moi.

But look! I brought you this preview!

If it had more pictures/video, perhaps I could forgive you, wink, wink, nudge, nudge, know what I mean? A wink's as good as a nod to a blind bat!

In all seriousness though, I shed a tear at the start of the preview when you were describing the surroundings. November can't come fast enough and Skyrim will definitely be my slightly late birthday present to myself :P

In the meantime, gonna start pooling money to chuck another video card in when it arrives... from how you describe it, it'd be a sin against nature to play it on anything other than max settings. I just hope my CPU handles it when it's time, but I think slightly overclocked (quad core 3.4 GHz atm, could overclock it to 4 GHz) it oughtta be able to handle it.

voorhees123:

Best of the 3:
Also, wonder if the Dark Brotherhood are still around and kicking >:3

I really hope so. Those were the best missions and the best characters in the entire game. It that was taken out of Oblivion the game would have been just blah.

Agree, I hope we see either the Dark Brotherhood or Morag Tong and it'd be quite cool to see both locked in a sort of a struggle against each other. Anyone else miss the Morrowind House fights? I loved that whole storyline thing? They could work something like that in with the two factions (Fighter's and Mage's Guild could use some conflict again too)

Excited for Skyrim definitely. I think the people picking up the items you drop and giving them back to you will get annoying, if that's true.

I hope they give the Dark Brotherhood a good questline in this. I can't get the image out of my head (now that the Dragon Shouts have been talked about in detail) of sneaking into a fortress "Thief" style and sneaking up on my target before literally yelling at him to kill him. No backstabbing, no throat slitting, no magic.

I'd probably only do that once, though...don't want to get caught.

I'm psyched though my current computer can barely play F3....

toquio3:

No, I don't think that means that every single enemy in the game is 1st level when you start. What it means is that the dynamic range for the challenges is fixed once you encounter them. So you might head out into the wilderness at first level and come across a camp of 30th level bandits.

I was on the fence about this game as Oblivion didn't really sell me on the Elder Scrolls series, but damn does look amazing, I will definitely be checking out Skyrim

i was a bit underwhelmed by the earlier video preview ... this has significantly improved my interest.

sounds very promising.

"will we still be able to buy horse armor?" It's very important!

Steve Butts:

I have been to the cold, white north and I have seen the dragons.

You forgot to ask the most important question;

How stable is the game engine?

Mumorpuger:
Looks awesome!

Really?

Somehow I envision my characters being BAMF assassins who were on their way back from a high-profile mission when they accidentally stole an onion......

OT: November seems like the month I disappear until 2012, but I cant wait to see what mods [other than the standard nude mods] will be available for Skyrim after its released...

I, too, would like to eat a dragon's soul. I wonder if the game would let me do it...

ChupathingyX:
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Various

Uhhh why does this ruin look exactly the same as the ones from Oblivion?

Because the imperial army that built these forts are in skyrim too perhaps?

Excited for the game, love oblivion so very optimistic for this one.

Oh...it is coming...soon my precious, soooooooonnnn...

So pumped for this. November is so far away!

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here