Rift Review

Pages PREV 1 2

I played all the betas and the only thing stopping me from playing the actual game was time. Sadly I don't have a lot of time to dedicate to mmo's, but the game was very good in my opinion.

Shadotek:
Okay, I had to stop the video at :40. Alternate future? Really? Please get a reviewer that actually knows what is going on. Also, try adding more action bars. I'll give the game a 9/10 and this review a 2/10 (because you got the name of the game correct and a fact or 2.)

I really dont get people like you? The whole "i stopped reading after bla bla" kind of people... Why come here and blatantly utter total ignorance on your own account? Your claim that the reviewer dont know "nuffin" would stand alot stronger if you didnt start out with that you dont know jack about the topic your self. Its like giving critique of a cinima movie saying "This movie sucks so bad that ive never watched it" ..........
EVIDENCE?! The world is flat because i say so! Repent!

Why would anyone make one self seem so dumb by purpose? It baffles me... but IF you had made an indepth post about why you have that opinion i would have thought of you in another way and maybe agreed. But as it stands now you just waste space and comes of as an ignorant fool whoes opinion doesnt carry any weight, even tho that same opinion could as easily be just as valid as any other well thought out post. You just induce flamewar and not debate.

Ahh, so THAT'S how you pronounce "Arendt"!

FYI Shadotek - if you choose to play as a Defiant (and seriously, when given the choice, who WOULDN'T play as the bad guys?) you are in fact from an alternate future, and have in fact traveled back to the past. It's right there in the game's lore.

Jumwa:

I've not bothered with raiding this expansion because I don't have the time or inclination to stress myself out in my free time getting geared enough for it. I play to relax and have fun, not get worked up over a video game. As for not using the random dungeon finder, I don't exactly have a regular schedule most of the time, and it's hard at best to schedule runs with my friends (not that I enjoy the prospect of scheduling every little aspect of my free time around a single game either), and not all my friends are exactly pros at the game. I dislike getting frustrated with my own friends.......

r

I can empathize with that. There have been many times over the years where the game starts feeling like a job, when that happens i've typically stopped playing for 5 or 6 months. Was a big part of why i quit this time, I'm just not wiling to schedule my life around a raid schedule anymore. I would agree that for someone like you the Heroics were designed to be too difficult, They were very difficult for my friends and i for the first few weeks, until we outgeared them. Getting over that initial gear hurdle was probably too hard.

You questioned why everything has to be incentivized, and I think you hit the nail on the head with that one. The current atmosphere of the community won't allow for anything that doesn't reward them in a progressive manner. A large part of this is just how toxic wow's community has become. This stems i think from the greater centralization you see today compared to the past. The more things your able to do without leaving trade chat the more 'internet-culture' takes over servers. People behave in kind on the forums and sooner or later the entire community is polluted with it.

I think any game that follows wow's model of city-centric gameplay is going to go right to the same place. I think thats a huge part of why rift makes getting around the world so slow, they want you to spend as small a proportion of your time in the cities as possible.

walrusaurus:

You questioned why everything has to be incentivized, and I think you hit the nail on the head with that one. The current atmosphere of the community won't allow for anything that doesn't reward them in a progressive manner. A large part of this is just how toxic wow's community has become. This stems i think from the greater centralization you see today compared to the past. The more things your able to do without leaving trade chat the more 'internet-culture' takes over servers. People behave in kind on the forums and sooner or later the entire community is polluted with it.

On my home server the server first downing of 25-man Lich King occurred two weeks before Cataclysm launched. Just two weeks before. That's almost a full year after the content was able to be cleared.

And yet on my server the cries of "lol Wrath was a faceroll!" are as loud and prevalent as any other place. In fact, most of the people who I know personally who cheered on the tough new content were people who couldn't even handle heroics in Wrath. Or people who were just pulled along for the barest of raid content and managed to bottom out the damage charts every time. People, in other words, that considered out-DPSing the tank an unreachable milestone have been amongst the biggest proponents for the new tougher content from my experience.

So I can't help but feel it's all bluster. That people (aside from a rare few) aren't really happier that things are harder, they just know that the consequences to admitting they find it harder is mocking and derision and the inevitable response of "Really? I thought it was SO easy. I wish they had made it even HARDER."

Shadotek:
Okay, I had to stop the video at :40. Alternate future? Really? Please get a reviewer that actually knows what is going on. Also, try adding more action bars. I'll give the game a 9/10 and this review a 2/10 (because you got the name of the game correct and a fact or 2.)

Somebody hasn't ever played as a Defiant... ;)

Pages PREV 1 2

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here