The Big Picture: MovieBob's Junk Drawer

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 NEXT

MovieBob's Junk Drawer

It's a Big Picture buffet!

Watch Video

The Joker of the Sea?
I'm not sure weather that ruined dolphins for me, or made made them that much more awesome.
I also still like the Simpsons.

I can see why you think the 90's sucked.
but I still can'e believe they said that no person in their twenties would use a DS. I mean I do

Good episode. Thanks Bob.

Yeah, I say the 2000s sucked for the very same reason.

HankMan:
The Joker of the Sea?
I'm not sure weather that ruined dolphins for me, or made made them that much more awesome.

Yeah, they kill things for fun. They are assholes.

I really enjoyed this one. Bit of seriousness, some funny ones, some that were something people relate to, something personal. Good episode.

Side-comments:
1: Yes, the Simpsons are still funny. Good to see someone agrees.
2: It's still not going to stop people from complaining about the "90s" picture.
3: mmmmmmmmmm....Dorito-tacos...
4: Glad to see you calling out Sony for that DS comment.

Wait, opinions are subjective? This is really going to throw a wrench in my Church of the MovieBob cult.

Technically speaking Orcas are dolphins.

Porpises, at least.

-m

Great episode Bob. Nice to see you air out a few things, especially the "90's suck" issue.

It was pretty good episode, while it is commendeable you admit it your "90's suck" is mostly out of personal experience you apparently seem to forget that opinion can be made out of such ting as reasoning or deduction. But hey its probably a call not to take the quote as seriously as some did.

Matt_LRR:

Porpises, at least.

-m

I'm pretty sure Orcas are still classified as whales but since they have dolphin parts are considered to be like... a hybrid.. or at least related to the dolphin...

You guys live in Victoria though... might know more than me...

Nintendo... -sigh- I'm losing hope for you guys... I tried to be a devoted fan but... guys... please!! Something good! Just... SOMETHING

I love the "dolphins = the Joker"
Kinda makes dolphins seem like tickin' timebombs before they jump up on land and forces us out in the sea (obvious simpsons-reference)

I'll go down the list:

Trump for president: a serious red flag

New Nintendo console: "Wii2" probably has HD.

Taco Bell news: Why do people like Doritos? Or Taco Bell?

The Simpsons: Yeah, we all watch Treehouse of Horror still.

PSP as an adult-oriented system: Sorry, I need my Pokemon fix.

John Chu directing G.I. Joe II: Dear god NO!!!

Evil Brilliance: Here! here!

TF2 writers admitted it sucked: Bad movie is bad movie sequel

The 90s sucked: Great, I can't say either because his 90s was my 1995-2005.

And finally: Clearly, the dolphins have better PR guys...

Whew. I'm out of trite, meaningless comments now.

Sorry Bob the next nintendo console will be another N64/Gamecube as the novelty of motion control is over.

Bob I'm ganna connect 2 of your thoughts for you. Simpson's had an episode where dolphins rose up and killed every one or drove them into the sea. Krusty drown. It was pretty funny.

Okysho:

Matt_LRR:

Porpises, at least.

-m

I'm pretty sure Orcas are still classified as whales but since they have dolphin parts are considered to be like... a hybrid.. or at least related to the dolphin...

You guys live in Victoria though... might know more than me...

Nintendo... -sigh- I'm losing hope for you guys... I tried to be a devoted fan but... guys... please!! Something good! Just... SOMETHING

They are called whales, but taxonomically they belong to the family of ocean dolphins.

(they're basically really big, predatory dolphins.)

-m

Probably about as close to a killer dolphin movie you're gonna get.

Also been nice if you rapped last weeks episode up early You pretty much could've summed up Vick as a horrible person who is overpaid and undeserving of his wealth instead of ranting about a game cover and an industry based on physical prowess not ethics.

I never trusted dolphins, those always smiling, horny, kill machines. If they had thumbs and legs you can bet they'd be the dominant species on earth.

As a child born in the early 90s, I must say I disagree about the 90s sucking. I say the mid-2000s sucked.

Wondered what your opinion on the G.I. Joe sequel would be. The uber campy, completely over the top nature was what sold the first movie, can't see how grittiness will improve it.

And the DS thing, well, I get a lot more use out of my DS than my PSP. So either I've got the attention span of a kid, or Sony might be wrong on that point. I think it's just jealousy that they got trounced in the last handheld generation and are hoping to beat Nintendo this time around.

im pretty sure the John Chu comment could have been said with fewer words lol....and dolphins....they disguise how evil they are with their smile >:3

Mr. Omega:

4: Glad to see you calling out Sony for that DS comment.

I dont really think it was that much of a "calling out" as it was, or at least sounded like, a somewhat approval of a marketing tactic, and than Bob stating the, quite obvious, feelings of nearly everyone on the planet that say Marcus of the PSP commercials should be kicked in the teeth... repeatedly.

crudus:

HankMan:
The Joker of the Sea?

So do humans. Point being?

Well clearly its because Sharks can't jump through hoops when we told them to the reason we prefer dolphin.

Oh well at least Shark have Remora to cheer them up

I can get not liking the 90s because they sucked for you personally (and hey as a geek 90s teenager I totally understand), but objectively looking at the decade the 90s kicks the crap out of the 00s. We had hope and innovation; it was when the 'net first started taking off, computers started being able to do more then display text and clunky bitmaps, it was the 90s that saw the fall of the USSR, it was the 90s that showed promise with peace accords all over the world (that fell apart of course, for the most part at least, but at least it was looking like good), sure there were things that sucked about the 90s (a lot of the music for one, some horrible wars in Africa and Europe) but compared to how the 00s "the dawn of a new millian" it was a golden age.

I spent most of the 00s in a constant state of depression about how bloody horrible the world was getting, wars, terrorism, reality tv, stock market crashes, economic crises, Michael Bay movies, etc. etc.

So yea, I think that's my issue with the "90s sucked" image. You're totally correct that the 80s however are the best decade.

CrazyCapnMorgan:

A. I didn't say humans weren't assholes.
2. Dolphins are more deserving of a horror movie than probably anything else of the sea.
C. I can't think of any other animal that kills for enjoyment.

Does the George C. Scott movie from the 1970's, Day of the Dolphin, count as a killer dolphin movie?

I mean part of the premise, in all seriousness I could not make this up, is that the dolphins are trained to carry out political assassinations with underwater mines.

The Joker of the Ocean? Totally agree. Of course I'm an Australian so I distrust all animals out of the desire to keep my red bits inside my pink bits, but damn Dolphins are evil shits, and that actually makes the case that they are almost as smart as people more believable to me.

When I thought they were all cute and nice I dismissed the idea they were smart, when I learnt what evil little bastards they were I was suddenly a lot more accepting about their intelligence, after all humans didn't get to the top of the food chain by being the "fittest" we got their by being the meanest, nastiest, most inventive bastards around thanks to our intelligence, and any other intelligent creature would likely act in a similar manner.

CrazyCapnMorgan:

crudus:

HankMan:
The Joker of the Sea?

Well... People are assholes as well. No one denies that. :)

The Simpsons did the killer dolphin thing already as a threehouse of horror

Dolphin males keep females as sex slaves. Oh dolphins, why are you so evil...

Why do I get a feeling that we will see Dolphins related B rated horrors movies from The Asylum?

darthmocha:
Does the George C. Scott movie from the 1970's, Day of the Dolphin, count as a killer dolphin movie?

I mean part of the premise, in all seriousness I could not make this up, is that the dolphins are trained to carry out political assassinations with underwater mines.

Funny thing is some governments actually tried something like that, not the assassination thing, but the killer dolphin thing, they actually trained up kamikaze dolphins that could ram subs while covered in explosives, hunt and kill enemy divers, etc.

Yes, people are still probably gonna bitch about the next Nintendo console when they get the chance. Most of the Nintendo hate just come off like something insecure teenagers to twenty-somethings say because suddenly they're not allowed to like anything "kiddy".

O man Bob you mentioned killer dolphins and The Simpsons in the same episode but you forgot to mention the Simpsons Halloween special about killer dolphins. Which one was that anyway?

Tis true Dolphins kill infants for fun.

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or