Trailers: Rage: Dead City

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Rage: Dead City

Upgrading your equipment just isn't as easy as it used to be.

Watch Video

VARY NICE! finally another game that i want to play.

Well I'm sold. Adding this to my list of games to get.

Never heard of this game before, now I'm interestred!

Jesus, that looks incredible.

Wow...I'm speechless. Very nice, ID.

I hef found vot I vant

Looks good, but there are way too many weapons if that blade thing is already a sure kill.

Noice noice noice

Borderlands done wright?

Daaaah Whoosh:
Looks good, but there are way too many weapons if that blade thing is already a sure kill.

Yeah, the blade looks a little overpowered. You don't even have to get that close to the enemy to use it. Maybe you just have a limited number of them, like on assasins creed.

MasterSplinter:
Borderlands done wright?

Daaaah Whoosh:

Yeah, the blade looks a little overpowered. You don't even have to get that close to the enemy to use it. Maybe you just have a limited number of them, like on assasins creed.

Since it seems to be copying everything else about Borderlands i imagine the blade will work much like the sniper's eagle. Deadly against mooks but not quite as good against bosses (he didn't use it in the first boss fight)

EDIT: Also if you noticed the boss had snapped the turret with his arm(?) whatever so it stands to reason they'll have a defence against the blade

Dude is going to be sweating so hard just from carrying all that equipment around

Damnit that looked AWESOME! I'm very much looking forward to this one.

Witcher 2, RAGE, Skyrim, Battlefield 3, Portal 2... I'm sure I'm missing something here. Anyway should be a great year for gaming!

Seems to be borderlands with a fallout skin... Which is borderlands with a really shitty skin. Eh, borderlands was fun enough, we'll see.

Looks like ID has been busy! Very nice.

Another mindless shooter vs monster/alian/zombies where your just charging around killing?

Dont we have enough games like this?

Altho the city looks like it would be fun to explore.

I was interested in this before but now, not so much.

Seeing that Bethesda has a role in this didn't exactly inspire me either,I find their work to be dul and arduos, much like this mission. Some of the weapons do look nice but I was expecting something a bit more interesting considering this is ID.

captcha: earketic Woman

Paularius:
Another mindless shooter vs monster/alian/zombies where your just charging around killing?

Dont we have enough games like this?

Altho the city looks like it would be fun to explore.

As opposed to what though, charging around killing humans/vampires/animals? Or maybe cover based shooting against any enemy?

I don't fully get this "it's just a mindless shooter" attitude based on a few minutes of in game footage. We've done pretty much every type of shooter against almost every type of enemy (except for, I don't know, a stealth game involving zombies or something?) so now it's not so much the concept as the execution and the story.

This could well have a deep, engaging story with realistic characters and even throw out some heart rending motive for the aliens/zombies/other enemies. Writing it off as a generic shooter so soon seems to be a bit presumptive.

As for my opinion on the trailer, looks like it has potential. I also like to have an array of weapons but it seemed that some of them were verging on useless in the context shown. Unless there are stealth sections why use a crossbow when you have a shotgun, assault rifle and sniper rifle? I guess only time will tell.

It does look rather pretty. And the end was quite cool, too. Really liked how the little mutants ran around the place, jumping and whatnot, using different routes. Though that tentacle-arm guy was quite disturbing.

This year keeps getting better and better. This holiday season is going to be beast and it's gonna make me poor.

It looks like a mix between Borderlands, Bulletstorm and Fallout.

It's very pretty, but I think we've come to the point where if a big guy is blasted with a grenade explosion or a human-sized target is hit with a shotgun, it should at least pause their forward momentum for a moment. This is pretty elementary physics, and as nice as the bending foliage may look, it takes me "out of the moment" to be that aware that my enemy isn't going to so much as blink until he loses that fiftieth hit-point.

It looks interesting. I'd think about getting it if they show a focus on atmosphere and story. But I can't tell anything by just a few minutes of gameplay footage.

Edit: Also Games I need to get:
Mass Effect 3
Portal 2

Games I want to get:
Brink
Rage

Games I can afford to get:
Solitair?

You know for a dead city there were quite a lot of living things there, that is until he showed up.

Wanted this game since it was announced in 2007. Now to just find a way to not pay $60 for a PC title (yah D2D promo codes).

Imma be getting this day one, I am SOLD!

Add a snazzy soundtrack, and this could be the game I had hoped Borderlands was going to be. Anyone know if the map is sand box or linear chunks (like Borderlands) yet?

Well that looked generic. The blade thing is cool but apart from that there was nothing that made this look any better than Bulletstorm or Borderlands. Honestly this just did not get me excited at all, just another grey shooter with nothing that stands out.

This game looks pretty wicked.

Stevepinto3:
Well that looked generic. The blade thing is cool but apart from that there was nothing that made this look any better than Bulletstorm or Borderlands. Honestly this just did not get me excited at all, just another grey shooter with nothing that stands out.

Indeed. To me it looks like a a shootier version of Fallout 3 (minus the charm), and I already didn't like that game. Give me some color, damn you, it's not like the spectrum is limited to grey and brown.

looks pretty cool, if its a decent length Im sold

Wow.

I'm very impressed right now. Amazed, even.

Anyone else get a Metro 2033 kind of vibe from this.

Besides that looked pretty good.

Blank Kold:
Seems to be borderlands with a fallout skin... Which is borderlands with a really shitty skin. Eh, borderlands was fun enough, we'll see.

I was thinking the same thing except borderlands in prototype. I'm betting the game won't feel the way that video feels.

That combat looked smooth.

I like it. Will look into this game. Thanks for the trailer.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here