Zero Punctuation: Crysis 2

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 NEXT

Crysis 2

This week, Zero Punctuation wonders why New York City is such a common destruction target.

Watch Video

Seems like a game right up my alley, actually. Especially if there's some actual characterization for the main character, even though he's faceless and in a power suit the whole time.

Thank you felling the same way I do about the throwing physics, I loved it in crysis 1.

Yahtzee Croshaw:
Crysis 2

This week, Zero Punctuation wonders why New York City is such a common destruction target.

Because nature is taking care of California.

Quite funny Yahtzee! Gold Star for you my sir, personally I loved Crysis 2.

Goody, a AAA-shooter preforms above par.

We've really dropped our standards a bit, haven't we?

...maybe i should finish playing crysis 1 and warhead first, not just the first 5 minutes of each.

Do people not get the fact that they get put on probation for responding too soon?
Good lord people, you're like lemmings.
Anyway, to the video. I approve.
That is all.
(And no, you're not remembering that wrong. It totally happened like that)

Another cracking review Yahtzee, very funny indeed.

Ironically if my pc was powerful enough to play Crysis then I would probably be part of the hopping mad crowd, ah well, I doubt I'll play either. :D

So: good but not better than crysis 1. Yup, that's the general consensus of all PC gamers too :)

but i maybe remembering that wrong...
i lol'd

Great review, but did they discontinue Extra Consideration and Extra Punctuation? They were both missing this week. I thought maybe it was just a break week or something, but the links that were usually underneath the ZP videos aren't there anymore.

EDIT: Nevermind, just saw EP was posted very late.

No Homefront? Aw, I was looking forward to you beating that arsehole to death

Hilarious as usual. So how's Portal 2?

Thought he'd rag on it more. Still, I preferred it to Crysis1... which is a bit weird, maybe due to my colour blindness...

WTF IS THIS?!

I guess NOT setting a disaster movie in New York in this day and age would seem a little alien to me.

extra P is up as of right now so check it out

while I know it's a sin to mention this here but crisis 2 has a great multiplayer as well, I love coaxing in an an enemy then cloaking, jumping over his head and snapping his neck.

I also really enjoyed Crysis 2 more than I thought I would!

I'd agree with every one of Yahtzee's points here and I'd say it's an incredibly fair assessment, for a change! I used the throwing mechanic once and once only, blimey how pointless! Also, how useful is suddenly being uncloaked when you stealthily snipe someone? WTF Crysis 2? I was being stealthy, why punish me?

CptRumGuy:
Great review, but did they discontinue Extra Consideration and Extra Punctuation? They were both missing this week. I thought maybe it was just a break week or something, but the links that were usually underneath the ZP videos aren't there anymore.

yahtzee did an absolutely brilliant extra punctuation this week. it was actually a little moving.

anyways, i want to play crysis 2, but i want to play the first one first, which is out of the question right now. so maybe i'll exercise my patience a bit.

you didn't like west side story, yahtzee?

while I know it's a sin to mention this here but crisis 2 has a great multiplayer as well, I love coaxing in an an enemy then cloaking, jumping over his head and snapping his neck.

Maybe when the Singularity gets here I'll finally have a PC that can play Crisis 1+2

Pretty good episode. I especially liked the dig at PC elitists about halfway through the video. :)

Also, is it just me, or has Yahtzee toned down the swearing and penis jokes in his videos lately?

A scifi shooter that doesn't piss off Yahtzee.....did I fall through a wormhole into a parallel dimension, am I in Bizzaro world? Anyway lame jokes aside I'm glad to here this is an okay game.

What I want to know is why do the aliens always land in America? Why don't they go bother Europe for a change!

So I guess he's never going to review Homefront then?

Hey, I watched the video before commenting. SOMEONE! Praise me a pat my head lovingly. I NEED AFFECTION! >_<

OT: I've never understood peoples fascination with FPS' though having said that I loved the Resistance games but that was mostly cause it has aliens AND cool weapons. A gun were you can shoot AND see through walls? Sign me up ^_^
I dont know about anyone else but it seems that contemporary "realistic" shooters are incredibly boring. If I want to watch idiots shoot at eachother with boring yet realistic weapons in a brown landscape I watch the FUCKING NEWS!
FPS' need more imagination as in Resistance, maybe Crysis I dont know Crysis weapons are probably very mundane. Another would be Second Sight. Yes yes I know. It's 3rd person and its weapons are boringly normal... But it has PSYCHIC POWERS! *_* Who doesnt love using telekenisis as a main weapon? And if you dont theres something seriously wrong with you.
So to round it all up: Contemporary shooters ie COD = boring as all fucking hell.
And imaginative outside the boring box ie Resistance = FUN! and interesting.

Great review. I agree that Crysis 2 was great but the enemy AI doesn't seem that smart, they kind of act like those annoying counter strike aim-bots who charge you and instantly know where you are the moment you uncloak. The vehicle controls on the 360 aren't that great either, and the helicopter just won't die.

If he remembered that last part wrong what's to say there were other parts of the review where he incorrectly recalled the games events!?

I still don't want to play this game until I finish the first one, but I just can't bring myself to finish a game where I can stealth through a bunch of guards, take cover behind some ferns over 200 metres and get shot at because apparently those guards have x-ray vision and telescopic sights.

Funny as always!
Yahtzee confirmed what I already read in a magazine: Crysis 2 better FPS than usual. They also praised how Crysis 2 isn't brown & gray, but has a big array of colors instead.

I've always thought it was weird how people thought removing the world trade center was a sign of respect. To me that's like after a person dies, the family decides to edit that person out of all their family photos as a sign of respect.

I like the thought of a main protagonist being vulnerable, it helps create an attachment to the character and build suspence.

SckizoBoy:

WTF IS THIS?!

What? Do you not have an assortment of furniture keys on your Keyboard?
(just realising that stairs aren't technically furniture...)
That's pretty funny. Glad to see I'm not the only one who has issues with some of the Captcha images.

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here