Zero Punctuation: Crysis 2

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 NEXT

Count Igor:
Do people not get the fact that they get put on probation for responding too soon?
Good lord people, you're like lemmings.
Anyway, to the video. I approve.
That is all.
(And no, you're not remembering that wrong. It totally happened like that)

What really kills me is the fact that this was their first post.

OT: While I was hoping for some Homefront ripping, I'm really glad that YZ gave this a rather positive review critique.

great video - and I loved not having the big ugly pop-out frame around it!

HankMan:
I guess NOT setting a disaster movie in New York in this day and age would seem a little alien to me.

I'm making a disaster movie set in Mobile, Alabama. It will have a giant robot modeled after Theodore Roosevelt and will set flame to everything it looks at.

The MP was really fun, but I didn't enjoy that for very long because the MP is the most agonizing thing I've played in years.

Noone could be masochistic enough to regard Kayne and Lynch 2 as average...except Yahtzee perhaps. Lets be honest as consign it to the pile of festering dog turds where it rightly belongs.

Nothing about graphics in the review? Is that a sign that Crysis has matured... or something else?

MonkeyPunch:

SckizoBoy:

WTF IS THIS?!

What? Do you not have an assortment of furniture keys on your Keyboard?
(just realising that stairs aren't technically furniture...)
That's pretty funny. Glad to see I'm not the only one who has issues with some of the Captcha images.

A wild MISSINGNO. Appeared!

HAHAHA hilarious, especially interesting cuz it got praise at the same time (unlike say...Killzone 3)

Crysis 2 did look like a well-rounded game worth playing, and I'll def be checking it out...soon

I agree that Crysis 2 is a better game than some people think it is.

Lulz, Lord Crosshaw killed DasBoSchitt..

Good review, and I heartily agree that finding out Alcatraz was basically a wreck under the suit was the coolest part of the story. Interestingly enough it was also the only part of the story I actually remember...

And I too cloaked my way through the last group of enemies. I didn't even notice the game was winding down, it just ended all of a sudden.

Gosh, he REALLY hates kane and lynch 2 doesn't he?

Ah, triple A games, thank you. Thank you so much for pumping out more and more of these fetid pustules to be ripped apart by Yahtzee every Wednesday every week for my own personal amusement. Never change, you corporate driven, money-grubbing, genre-blind confused moles, you. Never change. XD

I love Crysis 2. Second game I've bought at launch and the first good decision I've made for several years.

I read an interview before Crysis 2's release that said that New York City was chosen as the setting for the game because, well, that's what everyone else is doing. More specifically because it's a familiar setting for action... "literature". And anything with an alien in it.

So yeah, Crytek set it in New York City knowing that it's a... common setting on purpose, to add familiarality.

glad some1 mention the inexplicable lack of nanosuits in the world where aliens have invaded and the previous mook with a nanosuit single handily beat them back with it. You think the world would make more of them eh? XD

I loved this game, so I'm glad to see a positive review. I'm happy to see a mention of how the game balanced power with fragility. This applies across all aspects of Crysis 2, from cutscenes to gameplay. Many times I've been shredded before I could blink, but at the same time I knew it was usually my fault for not using my suit enough.

That said, the giant Hunter (from Halo)-esque Ceph are BULLCRAP. They always read my cloak when I try to sneak past, they're impossible to handle without rockets or heavy cover, they shred you in seconds if they see you and they constantly fire rockets in your general direction EVEN IF YOU ARE CLOAKED and don't stop firing, and they often appear with loads of minions.

hands down one of the best zp in a while, bravo yahtzee. that last joke made me laugh out loud.

Wait, does this means he lied the game? Woooh, that makes what three games he likes in all these reviews

In other newws, no i will not be buying it for it will kill my laptop

-M

Great game and the multiplayer has a great mix of twitch as well as strategy in managing your suit's energy level. CoD is to easy to get killed and is all twitch, and Halo takes about 1,000 rounds to kill someone because of the shields and armor. Crysis 2 has the perfect mix of each.

Yatzee is starting to warm up to games, he isn't completely ripping holes in every last thing he plays. What is the world coming to :P

Haha he used the word kak ("like you just kaked you pants"), an Afrikaans word meaning shit.
Funny review as always!

lwm3398:
Seems like a game right up my alley, actually. Especially if there's some actual characterization for the main character, even though he's faceless and in a power suit the whole time.

yeah hes like Isaac Clarke from dead space 1 expect more character is given and the main character isn't waring a bucket on his head

Yahtzee Croshaw:
Crysis 2

This week, Zero Punctuation wonders why New York City is such a common destruction target.

Watch Video

Mother nature called dibs on the West coast...

Hunter15:

lwm3398:
Seems like a game right up my alley, actually. Especially if there's some actual characterization for the main character, even though he's faceless and in a power suit the whole time.

yeah hes like Isaac Clarke from dead space 1 expect more character is given and the main character isn't waring a bucket on his head

Hey, that's never a bad thing, not having a bucket for a head.

I bought the game on release, but gave up somewhere in the middle after getting stuck in terrain with vehicles just one time too many. Utterly linear, which is quite the disappointment considering the tools they are using. Also, still no SDK release....

I only play games on my PC-- I had some consoles but sold them as I consolidated the growing stack of hardware in my living room. Only DX9? Really? That's kinda like putting out a new game for the original xbox today. The PC market has moved on. The engine certainly can handle it, so I guess it's actually a console port this time around.

Bit weird, to me at least. I mean, I for one am not buying any more CryTek games without playing the first hour or so of it. Oh well, at least I can get the editor when it releases.

Yeah Yahtzee, damn those PC gamers bitching about this game. You are completely right that their only problem is that they don't have loads of complicated controls. They should just take whatever crap games they are handed and shut the hell up....

PC gamers, the gingers of the gaming world....

Crysis 2 was awful. I hated it. They need to make a Warhead 2 instead.

ph0b0s123:
Yeah Yahtzee, damn those PC gamers bitching about this game. You are completely right that their only problem is that they don't have loads of complicated controls. They should just take whatever crap games they are handed and shut the hell up....

PC gamers, the gingers of the gaming world....

Was that supposed to be sarcastic? That's the problem with trying to be so on the internet.

If not, I'm a pure PC gamer. Last console I owned was PS2. And yes I am offended by all the bad console ports nowadays. The only good one being this one (I didn't say it was a good game though) and Dead Space 2 (didn't say it was a good game either), out of the recent games.

But don't get me wrong, there is nothing wrong with simple controls, if anything controls should be simple. It's the dumbed down mechanics that really gets on me nerves, apart from bad ports that get on me nerves even more. And Crytek used to be pro-PC, but sold out I guess. Nothing wrong in going x-platform, just don't dumb your games down. It really should be a PC game first and console game second, in other words MAKE A PC PORT ONTO CONSOLES AND NOT THE OTHER WAY AROUND DAMMIT! Especially if you used to be pro-PC.

Yeah, meant to be sarcastic. Hence the remark about PC gamers being treated like the ginger haired people of the gaming world and always being kicked. Need to work on my internet sarcasm.

I am more of a realist though. I don't blame Crytek going mainly for consoles with the game. I never had a problem with games going muti-format, the more the merrier. The economics are also undeniable. What ticked me of was their insistence that it was a primary a PC game when it was so obviously a port. And now that the PC sales of the game are low, them and others blaming it on piracy (caused by their leak) rather than that the game was a huge disappointment for PC gamers. But this does not mean that the game sucked on consoles, quite the opposite. Yes, the same game can be seen as bad on one platform and good on others, due to what there is to compare it to on those platforms.

The review ticked me off by also identifying the the game effectively stuck a finger up to PC gamers, but then could not resist the chance to do a bit of PC gamer kicking at the same time.

But then again maybe I should be happy about this turn of events. I was always fine with my hobby being treated as the butt of jokes, before gaming became cool. Now even through it is cool and mainstream, my hobby is treated the same because of the platform I have chosen as my own since 89. Things never change....

HOLY SHIT! How could they rip off Half life like that? Fighting aliens while wearing cloths? Valve should sue!

The AI wasn't realistic enough either...

Shooting them in the limbs won't help you in any way
They can't see your shadow when you're cloaked
CELL members are ALWAYS aware of a lost companion through the response (CAN YOU HE3R MEE!?), like they're some weird collective consciousness.

another funny video again!. however, i have not played the game, so i can't partake in the matter of whether i liked it or not.

Pc games is harder to make, because the audience is too picky.. Capitalism loves a badly informed public.

Actually, someone DID do a song and dance about New Yorkers with a horrible, debilitating disease.

It was Yahtzee Croshaw.

YC did a song to the music from Deus Ex (which was about a secret society that gave a disease to everyone who couldn't afford the cure) and tacked it to the end of a review. He separately did a dance at the end of a review. I'd like to say that the two of those together constitute a song & dance number about New Yorkers with a horrible and debilitating disease, but that might be stretching it a little.

Darnit Yahtzee! I'll get you next time!

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or