Trailers: Sniper: Ghost Warrior: The Real Reason

Sniper: Ghost Warrior: The Real Reason

Sniper: Ghost Warrior puts forth some solid theories on why people want to play a sniper.

Watch Video

Cereally, who doesn't want to be the sniper?

But...it's been out for ages and it isn't very good..

He does have a point there..

Ohh now my PS3 brothers can also enjoy a broken stealth system, incredibly retarded AI, call of dutyesque linear levels - yes they also force to play levels with an assault team and broken save system that corrupts all of your saved games.
Hope you all enjoy this magnificent piece of work that is a shame to the name Sniper

Go buy Sniper Elite if you want to be a sniper.

I'm pretty sure snipers in real life actually aim for the torso...

That game was horrible. I don't think any sane person will buy it for the PS3.

I admit it. I enjoy sniper games for the headshots. But nothing I've read has inspired me to want this game.

Yeah but its absolute pile of poo when your not sniping.

Yeah your right, upper centre mass.

lunncal:

Yeah your right, upper centre mass.

I might have actually considered buying the game if this trailer was the first I had ever seen or heard of Sniper: Ghost Warrior.

As it stands, it isnt. Some moronic friend of mine who likes every game ever to come in existence except for RPGs already bought it. I played it for a few hours and I can confirm that it is a massive pile of shit.

THEJORRRG:
But...it's been out for ages and it isn't very good..

True
Im confused right now :/

There is some ww2 sniper game that was really hard that i enjoyed, this is just awful.
Anyone know what that game is?

Duendain:
There is some ww2 sniper game that was really hard that i enjoyed, this is just awful.
Anyone know what that game is?

Sniper Elite, that game was the shit

Why does he hold his pistol like a rifle at the start?

The game wasn't THAT bad. I enjoyed most of it.

The game this trailer is showing is a load of single-player, over-priced juvenile crap. I might have thought it looked cool over a decade ago, you know, when I was playing counter-strike on dial-up internet.

To make matters worse, it is a game that is exclusively for PS3. Yeah, because I want to devolve back into the days of aiming guns with a console controller.

I can't believe that there are people who would pay $60 for this game on PS3. Actually, I find it hard to believe gamers would want to pay any money for this game at all, on any platform.

Skaraa:

Sniper Elite, that game was the shit

Hm, why do you think that?

Wanna know how I know that was an EA ad ?
*sigh*

lunncal:

Depends, First off, torso on soldiers tends to be protected by armor so unless you're packing something that can punch through it, it's not the greatest idea in the world. Second, depends on the distance. If you're making a long range shot, torso is a good bet as it's a larger target. But if you're a relatively short distance away (up to some 200/300 meters I believe), you're always going for the head as it immediately neutralizes the target.

So yeah, combat sniping (as most of the game is)? You're going for the head.

PS
The game is an exercise in mediocrity and that's putting it kindly. There's a few good moments in the game but the story's crap, they throw shitty levels at you (shooter levels, spotting level) and it's built on a similar principle to original Crysis/Battlefield BC2 singleplayer, huge maps, not much to do in them. As for the trailer, it's the most unimaginative trailer I've seen to date. Not to mention I'm not exactly sure what it's supposed to advertise x.x

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here