The Escapist Presents: 8 Entertaining Portal 2 Achievements

Pages PREV 1 2

Fangface74:
Justin doesn't stray, why not the EDITOR-IN-CHIEF?

Because you made your choice to not earn your achievements on your own and decided to watch a video instead.

Nut up, own your decision and stop complaining that your achievement hand-holding came with story spoilers.

I got about half of these without thinking about achievements, lol. For example, I have this urge to pick up everything I can, so No Hard Feelings was in my hands before I could say "thank you".

Mad1Cow:
My favourite is still the "The part where he kills you" just because of the description "This is that part" yeah I know it's a chapter one but so what, it was one of my favourite bits of the game...

Yeah,that's my fave too-because you actually get rewarded for dying! Make sure though,that before you jump,you listen to ALL of Wheatley's hilarious lures to get you to jump.He offers all the things he thinks Chell as a human female would want-including amongst other things: a designer jump suit,a pony farm, a handbag,hunky boys....Finally he says,'Aw,just jump.would ya?" Glados says,'I can't believe you came back.You really DO have brain damage!"LOL!

Tharwen:
I only came to the comments to tell you off for doing Drop Box and Preservation of Mass the hard way.

Incidentally, I got Scanned Alone accidentally because I thought that was what I was supposed to do. I thought I could be the template for the turrets :D

Me too, so I got stuck there for a bit because I didn't remember there were broken turrets in the room before it.

Mad1Cow:
My favourite is still the "The part where he kills you" just because of the description "This is that part" yeah I know it's a chapter one but so what, it was one of my favourite bits of the game...

I loved that part aswell.

GLaDOS: Oh, this is the part where he kills us!
Wheatly: And this is the part where I kill you.
CHAPTER 9: THE PART WHERE HE KILLS YOU.
Achievement Unlocked: The Part Where He Kills You
Achievement Description: It's That Part

XD

Hiphophippo:
Man, you sure made Preservation of Mass harder than it needs to be :D The walls past the fault door are portal surfaces. You can just carry it right in. But then, all the different ways to do stuff in the game is half the fun of it right?

yeah... was going to say this too.

in fairness though, there were so many times during the game when I found myself going "ooohhh, thats right, I forgot... I can make portals!"

Tharwen:
I only came to the comments to tell you off for doing Drop Box and Preservation of Mass the hard way.

Incidentally, I got Scanned Alone accidentally because I thought that was what I was supposed to do. I thought I could be the template for the turrets :D

That's exactly why I got it too :P
Specially when I saw it said "Template not found, scanning from memory", I figured they just needed a new memory file, then I could move on.

Russ Pitts:

Fangface74:
Justin doesn't stray, why not the EDITOR-IN-CHIEF?

Because you made your choice to not earn your achievements on your own and decided to watch a video instead.

Nut up, own your decision and stop complaining that your achievement hand-holding came with story spoilers.

I couldn't care less about achievements, and you don't have to be an achievement hunter to watch an achievement video, especially when it has an added 'Entertaining' component in the title, which I take as an invite to view something entertaining (which it was).

So why did I watch? These types of video can sometimes give you a little bit more 'game' that you ordinarily may have missed. Do I like the fact Chell can save a turret from destruction...yes, do I care about the 'ker-plink' and resulting gamerscore increase...not in the slightest.

And of course reveals are obvious, your walking viewers through specific areas of the game, this isn't so much implied as blatant. What there is no implication of is your added story reveals, for which spoiler tags are expressly designed for. And I feel that implication, and in fact ambiguity of any kind is something your position was designed to quash.

Forums don't so much gain new members as earn them...maintaining a standard probably helps.

For preservation of mass, you can just place a portal up at the end tunnel and then jump down to fetch the cube.
No need for borderline exploitation shenanigans.

Mad1Cow:

I quite like the description of "Lunatic" for the same reason.

Denamic:
For preservation of mass, you can just place a portal up at the end tunnel and then jump down to fetch the cube.
No need for borderline exploitation shenanigans.

Yeah - this. First run through I put all the trash and the cube on the button, and got the achievement that way.
Pturretdactyl I also did in the same room - with the turret in the trash
(That advanced aerial faith plates room is seriously good for achievements, lol)

When I did the "No Hard Feelings" achievement, I put the turret back down on the conveyor :D... Guess I'm a cruel person .

I did scanned alone and preservation of mass on my first playthrough, because of things I thought I needed to do (already had the cube in my hands when she said "don't take anything through here").

Pages PREV 1 2

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here