Anthony Saves The World: Episode 10: Debbie Pt. 2

Pages PREV 1 2 3 NEXT

good stuff, Im vaguely confused by the limitations of demon powers and what that means. The paintball masks kinda set me off at first but I suppose if we did go apocalyptic now it would be our generations hockey masks. Kinda late but it just hit me...

Am I the only one that wasn't very impressed by the series overall? It was very dull with a few okay bits and perhaps a laugh or two. Maybe I'm missing something?

Oh come on, that kissing scene was blatant fanservice.

It was very schizo frantic, back and forth between serious, and hitting people with monopoly boards, but I really enjoyed it.
Can't wait for next episode, or season, or whatever.

3 minutes of recap is a little much, but otherwise it's just as silly and fun as the rest.

Good finale, but the show itself... well it needs a lot of work if you're going to make a second season. We need more story, we need more locations! Seriously, I don't think a single episode took place outside of that house. I know it's hard to get permission to film places, but be creative. Doomsday Arcade was shot all over, so it really felt like the world was being invaded by video game characters.

Also, I don't know if it's your camera or post production work, but too often everything looks way too washed out.

Surely there's going to be a second season, right? I mean, there are still 36 days left to the end of the world. This episode almost made me cry. Seriously, there has to be more.

I get it the body mickey saw was his own because he died and now Anthony takes care of little Mickey, but that mean that the world still ends.

Lopsided Weener:
Am I the only one that wasn't very impressed by the series overall? It was very dull with a few okay bits and perhaps a laugh or two. Maybe I'm missing something?

No, but I'm a HAWP fan and I don't believe in pooping in someone else's kitchen, so..

Thank christ that's over with. Perhaps The Escapist can sign on something decent this time.

Wolfenbarg:
Good finale, but the show itself... well it needs a lot of work if you're going to make a second season. We need more story, we need more locations! Seriously, I don't think a single episode took place outside of that house. I know it's hard to get permission to film places, but be creative. Doomsday Arcade was shot all over, so it really felt like the world was being invaded by video game characters.

Also, I don't know if it's your camera or post production work, but too often everything looks way too washed out.

Yeah, they had pretty poor abilities in most departments, but it really stood out in the camerawork. They had what looked like a pretty decent camera, but they failed to understand how to use it. They missed even the3 basics, like keeping the lens clean and free of dust, and keeping it polished and smudge-free. They probably left the lenses all lying around protected.

Not to mention they didn't know how to film in either bright sunlight or in a darker room, and their post-prod was terrible.

As for filming in locations, you don't need permission to film in public places, unless you're filming somewhere sensitive or outside a government building, depending on local laws. You need permission if on private property, and if you're bringing a large number of people to an area or restricting a public thoroughfare. Given their production values, they were just being lazy.

Wow, thanks for all the love guys! Sorry about the long delay on the end, but I was in and out of the hospital. At any rate, sounds like it was worth the wait!

Huzzah!

Ah, Nerdfury, your misplaced sarcastic ass-hatting was sorely missed in the other threads. Glad to see your crawled out from under your bridge and into the sunshine. I shall buy you a coke!

mikeyface:
Ah, Nerdfury, your misplaced sarcastic ass-hatting was sorely missed in the other threads. Glad to see your crawled out from under your bridge and into the sunshine. I shall buy you a coke!

You're welcome! My first post, y'know, was all about being friendly and offering you my advice. Perhaps you'll take my suggestions on board and either be better at this or stop doing it. At the very least, ask someone professional for help, after showing them your stuff. And not ask, y'know, your mum and fanboys if they liked it.

The level of Chekhov's Gun in this show is getting to be a little ridiculous.

And I fucking love it.

Prof. Monkeypox:
How can Mikey die if he's a demon? Shouldn't he just spring back to life unless someone drops chicken on him? I don't get it.

I think that kiss at the end gave Anthony all of Mikey's powers, including the demonicness and such.

Question though. How much cologne/body wash/body spray did it take for Mikey to hide the Cotton Candy scent? I thought anything with demonic powers smelled like that stuff.
And since Anthony now has demony powers, does that mean he smells of cotton candy too? And does that explain why the kid seems so happy around him...?

Oh god, run kid run! Anthony might eat you!

I don't get why people don't watch this show (heard mikey say it on the podcast). Honestly it's better than half the things on the escapist's right column.

I always watch Anthony Saves the World, Show about Games Show and Tales from the Table. Then I usually skip all the way up to UnSkippable. I also used to love ENN. I don't know who voted it be removed.

By the way, there was mention made of a limited edition badge? I guess they're all gone.

So that's why Lisa Foiles has been missing for weeks. Anyway, great finale.

reminds me of doomsday arcade, but not as good

I don't come to the Escapist to see two men kiss, but from now on I will.

So if Mikey was a demon then since he wasn't buried with chicken shouldn't he just come back?

Right-o, I finally bullied g'old miself to watch the whole season. I was.. pleasantly surprised on how you managed to wrap it up in the end. You're big boys, you can take some criticism and here comes: the production values were roughly the same as of some mediocre 10-year old boys' youtube-shooter video's. Frankly, two first episodes were boring fight scenes all around.

BUT

In the end I really enjoyed the whole of it. Humor was superb and helped carry the series through the endless fighting. The plot was interesting enough (and got better and better over time) to keep me guessing after cliffhangers and I'm actually looking forward to the next season. Sure, I've seen better, but I've also seen much worse series in my time. Time well spent regardless of the editing or acting. You made a good job there and I have been entertained.

Keep on rocking.

Glad to hear you got better and were able to finish the season. I'd be happy to see more episodes, but I hope adult Mikey could come back to life. The interplay between Anthony and Mikey was a major part of what made this series interesting to me. If you decide against another series here, I hope you post on one of your social media accounts about future projects. I'd like to check them out.

Like the show, season.
Not sure if it was meant to be taken seriously but Mikey's "hand slipping" was actually pretty touching.

So:
Ridiculous weaponized board-game, check.
Puppets, check.
Demon combat, check.
Serious moment lead up to be completely non-serious premise and hilarious execution, also check...
and more...

So I can't physically place why exactly I feel like something is missing.
Sorry I can't think of how constructively criticize, I've tried but just don't have the wits about me at the moment.
Here's hoping for a season two though.

Th-th-that... p-poor furniture...

mikeyface:
Wow, thanks for all the love guys! Sorry about the long delay on the end, but I was in and out of the hospital. At any rate, sounds like it was worth the wait!

Huzzah!

Well jeeze, next time use fake blood instead of being shot and stabbed! Good stuff, hope there's a second season of this!

Was this the end? or just a cliffhangger?
I hope it isn't this is an awesome series

MIKEEEEEEEEEEEEEY! Ten year old Mikey is cuter though. If he wasn't, I really wouldn't have any reason to watch the show.

Awesome... question is though will there be a next season?!

Great episode. As everyone else is saying, puppets are awesome. Also Mikey's death scene was very well done.

mikeyface:

On this very special season finale of Anthony Saves the World, Anthony and Mikey quickly learn the true meaning of "Deathbringer." Lisa Foiles guest stars the shit out of this episode and is hot.

I know I should sound deep and meaningful and just into this for the series and everything, but y'now what? Mrs. Foiles gets hotter every passing day. And yes, I didn't watch a couple of episodes but I ran through all of them just so I could see her.

Anyway, although I still believe the fight choreography needs some improvements, this one has been way better than the fighting / effects in Part 1. I know I shouldn't say this, but maybe you could try and contact Michael Shanks for season 2? He did a superb job on Doomsday Arcade. Seriously. That series has some of the best effects I've ever seen in my whole life, including professional ones.

Okay... quick question, but if Mikey was a demon, couldn't they just wait, since no one was going to do the chicken-ritual, so we could have awesome Mikey Zombie action?

I was expecting Anthony to either not kiss Mikey and steal a kiss from Lisa to take her powers/ or kiss both and get both sets or something.

Kilgengoor:

mikeyface:

On this very special season finale of Anthony Saves the World, Anthony and Mikey quickly learn the true meaning of "Deathbringer." Lisa Foiles guest stars the shit out of this episode and is hot.

I know I should sound deep and meaningful and just into this for the series and everything, but y'now what? Mrs. Foiles gets hotter every passing day. And yes, I didn't watch a couple of episodes but I ran through all of them just so I could see her.

Anyway, although I still believe the fight choreography needs some improvements, this one has been way better than the fighting / effects in Part 1. I know I shouldn't say this, but maybe you could try and contact Michael Shanks for season 2? He did a superb job on Doomsday Arcade. Seriously. That series has some of the best effects I've ever seen in my whole life, including professional ones.

re: Michael Shanks. I made a deal with him, and he was totally down and I totally screwed that up. Our timeframe for getting episodes up just didn't work out right. I feel terrible, he's a great guy and in the future we will plan much better. I'm gonna send him a fruit basket.

Story of ASTW: We were a show on youtube and Russ asked us to be on The Escapist on a real schedule. We have no budget, I pay for this show totally out of pocket, and I was willing to spring for the SFX from Shanks who puts me to shame in every way. The schedule was just so intense, getting it up weekly, that it just didn't work.

If we did it again, we'd be much smarter about it. Haha

So, there's going to be another season, right?

*Worrying stare

...Right?

I didn't get a badge. Other than that I enjoyed it. So is this season finale or forever finale?

Pages PREV 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here