Anthony Saves The World: Episode 10: Debbie Pt. 2

Pages PREV 1 2 3

What the hell was with those sound effects? They made me laugh...

Otherwise great episode. Anthony is finally badass! Awesome!

Lisa Foiles is hot...

Ozcar:
Right-o, I finally bullied g'old miself to watch the whole season. I was.. pleasantly surprised on how you managed to wrap it up in the end. You're big boys, you can take some criticism and here comes: the production values were roughly the same as of some mediocre 10-year old boys' youtube-shooter video's. Frankly, two first episodes were boring fight scenes all around.

They really can't take criticism. I offered some polite, constructive criticisms on their first episode, and they accused me of being a troll. Pity they didn't listen to any of it.

Wait, is that the end end or the season end? It was an awesome episode, but a rather disappointing end end if that's what it's supposed to be. I want another season of awesomeness!

Looks like lisa.....
*puts on sunglasses*
Got CAPPED
With CAPITALISM

YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHh no.

First time I've gone straight to a new video rather than watching Yahztee first, good work!

Am looking forward to more of these short-run stories in the future.

BAWW Mikey :(

The puppet kiss was bloody hilarious, as was MONOPOLY SMASH! I really enjoyed this series and I reckon this was a pretty good finale. Fingers crossed for a season two!

That was so awesome :D

Fill me in on this; I thought demons couldn't die unless you incense them with KFC.

And I thought Mikey was a demon.

Wow. That was poor. Not as bad as the Jimquisition, but it does appear that Destructiod production values do not cut it as far as The Escapist is concerned. Hopefully the second season will be better now that they are more experienced in this.

I don't get why people are saying the fights have gotten better. In the first episode, the fight between Mikey and that random demon seemed pretty visceral. By comparison, the katana fights are too slow and its too clear that they're trying not to hurt each other, and the magic ones remind me of Charmed in a bad way.

Really though, with some better camera work and effects, a few more locations, and if Anthony speaks comprehensibly throughout the entire damn episode, this could be one of the best series on the Escapist.

It'd be nice to know a bit more about these demons as well. And puppets. Never let go of the puppets.

Dooly95:
Fill me in on this; I thought demons couldn't die unless you incense them with KFC.

Presumably:
It takes at least a little time for them to revive. Anthony didn't have a little time because Deathbringer and all. Only option was to give Anthony his powers. Once Mikey gave Anthony his powers he no longer had any, Anthony would kinda need all his powers to defeat the deathbringer, and hence wasn't really a demon. Therefore no revival.

Or:
it takes a little while to revive. Zombie Mikey is start-up villain for season 2. After Anthony kills him and performs the ritual Mikey's body will still be in the house so it would still work.

ahhh SEASON finale, ok then.

In the Ad there it says just Finale, I thought you were going to pull the plug on this and I was like, huh why?! anyways good to hear you are keeping this up, great work guys!

Wait... wait... if Anthony got demon powers, and those with demon-like powers smell like cotton candy to attract their food, which is attracted by cotton candy... and the last scene was of him walking into the house with little Mikey, who is likely young enough to still like cotton candy in that kind of way...

Oh no, run little Mikey, run!

Still, good series, and I hope for a second season. The main thing that I think needs work is the lighting. Lighting was always pretty bad in my opinion. The fight scenes were pretty good, but could always use some work of course. Everything else was alright at worse, with most being pretty good. The story itself was at least interesting enough for me to keep coming back. Here's hoping for season 2.

I think that this is a very interesting idea, and I like the overall story behind this series. That said, it could certainly stand to be improved. I feel that the acting/script was shoddy in spots, but it wasn't bad by any stretch.

Far more amusing than I thought, props for the Escapist hyping the ep with badges as I wouldn't of watched it otherwise.

I watched the first two episodes and thought... yeah, this is ok... I dunno... A while later I saw the ads and thought, oh, it's ending? That was quick. Since there's only a few episodes I may as well watch them, it had it's moments so should be worth it. And I am a total badge whore (didn't get a badge btw, so yeah)...

Anyway, I quite liked it by the end. Especially the puppet episode, though I still can't figure out half the dialogue. If this comes back (or you start a new, similar project) my only suggestion would be work on the fight choreography. I understand that when you are playing with sharp weaponry wou want to be careful, but the swordfighting was almost painful to watch. Fistfights weren't anywhere near as bad, but they could still do with a bit more polish and innovativeness.

Otherwise, thank you very much for an entertaining series. I hope to see more.

Wait, they never exorcised Mikey's body. Or do full-demons not need exorcism?

SOOO EPIC!!!! OMD DEBBIE! i mean lisa! that was totally worth the wait, but guys please try and make more episodes... pllleeeaaaasssssseeeeeeeeeee

JonnWood:
Wait, they never exorcised Mikey's body. Or do full-demons not need exorcism?

but he gave up his demon powers, so probably just regular human death ya know, then anthony raise little mikey and send him back to bo it all over agin. TERMINATOR STYLE W00T!

Joseph Eckert:

Dooly95:

Presumably:
It takes at least a little time for them to revive. Anthony didn't have a little time because Deathbringer and all. Only option was to give Anthony his powers. Once Mikey gave Anthony his powers he no longer had any, Anthony would kinda need all his powers to defeat the deathbringer, and hence wasn't really a demon. Therefore no revival.

Or:
it takes a little while to revive. Zombie Mikey is start-up villain for season 2. After Anthony kills him and performs the ritual Mikey's body will still be in the house so it would still work.

yeah, he raises the little Mikey up and Anthony gives him back his demon powers, then gets killed by Mikey, then goes back in time and helps Anthony.

What? Mikey dies already? Wrrrrrryyyy?
Incredibly awkward kiss was brilliant, and I have to say, Anthony's final "speech" there was actually pretty awesome. Hoping they don't drop the series for something else now that season one is finished!

Also, does this mean that young Mikey is actually the Mikey who was meant to go in the house and find his older self dead...?
Oh who cares. PUPPETS.

HankMan:
So it looks like the Death Bringer's plans have been...
*puts on sunglasses*
Foiled
YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

That was awesome man! Touche.

OT: Great finale, the puppets were hilarious, the end seemed fitting, and we'll see how season two continues to kick ass and take names!

Okay, thought the episode was great, but what gives with the badges? I've already watched every episode! I don't have time to watch them all again!

mikeyface:
Episode 10: Debbie Pt. 2

On this very special season finale of Anthony Saves the World, Anthony and Mikey quickly learn the true meaning of "Deathbringer." Lisa Foiles guest stars the shit out of this episode and is hot. That's why you're watching right? Watch a girl beat up a couple of nerds? What was I sayin'? Oh yeah, plot stuff is happening and then the entire season comes back to bite them in the ass. Twice. Good times. Just watch it.

Watch Video

I love this show!

I demand MORE! I hope this is not the end with a self full-filling prophecy with Anthony helping little Mikey, then him helping past Anthony.

I love the comedy of this show and the "extras" you guys put in after the credits.

KEEP IT UP!!!

This was definitely an interesting series. Tons of potential here, just needs to be polished in a few areas! The base visual design is excellent, the sound needs a total overhaul and the post needs a bit more work to make it seem natural and not CGI.

Also, you guys watch too much Angel!

Like I said though, tons of potential here - tighten it up and you'll have a KILLER second season!

1:40 I didn't notice the front of the gun coming off the first time I saw it.

2:40 Him wearing a mask for dramatic tension bothers me more on a second viewing.

Scarim Coral:
WTH? Ok she can block a katana but not a game board? Ok granted he was dying but what did Anthony got super agility?

She had sudden, inexplicable ocd and had to clean up the terrible mess. Or maybe she really likes puppet kisses and didn't want the opportunity to be missed.

LIES. Where is my "Rock You Like A Hurricane"?

Other than that, awesome episode from a series of awesome episodes.

So... Whens the second season coming out?

Love this show. More please.

Wasn't there talk of a second season? I miss this series, hope we'll at least get an update of what's been going on!

Pages PREV 1 2 3

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here