Trailers: Mount&Blade: With Fire & Sword: Siege

Mount&Blade: With Fire & Sword: Siege

Get hands-on with a sieging army in Mount&Blade: With Fire & Sword.

Watch Video

That... does not look fun.

I saw it yesterday and i gotta say... it looks to not have improved... like, at all...

AI which is the worst part of this game has not been fixed apparently. They still don't even notice you when your alone behind 100 enemies and start chopping them down, they don't notice you unless they don't instantly die from the headshot/backstab...

Sieges does look improved atleast...

Graphics are still horrible, they have a certain charm but not updateing it is stupid.

Music has not changed at all.

so yea, first i was like "Instant buy!" and the more trailers i saw i went to "maybe..."

It looks just like the Eagle and the Radiant Cross mod for Warband. Not at all impressive. I love that game but I was expecting a totally kick-ass sequel. Like with more strategy or better cities.

And better army raising.

Have you people ever touched the difficulty sliders?
Sure the npcs don't notice you. If they did, you would be dead. Instantly. That would make for a poor game experience.

Exterminas:
Have you people ever touched the difficulty sliders?
Sure the npcs don't notice you. If they did, you would be dead. Instantly. That would make for a poor game experience.

Yeah, seriously. People want the massive army to notice you and send lots of troops to destroy you? How would that be fun?

More OT: Gameplay videos for Mount and Blade have always been rather "eh". Its a game where you have to play to have fun. And if its like the other games, there will be a demo available. A really good demo.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to it. Warband is great fun and still sucking away my time. Hopefully this one is better.

Whoever played in that gameplay video failed to make it look cool. Seriously, this is a huge problem when people show of games; They don't make it look appealing. I would start chopping a bit, and when and enemy would have approached, I would have tried to block-kick-stab him. Would make it look much cooler.

I get the sense that this setting is of great personal interest to the small dev team behind the game, but doesn't have much mainstream appeal. They're based somewhere in Eastern Europe, right?

I haven't played any of the Mount and Blade games, but I'd much sooner get Warband than this.

Did anyone else notice how it looked like the guy the player cut down at 0:30 was wearing a tie?

mechanixis:
I get the sense that this setting is of great personal interest to the small dev team behind the game, but doesn't have much mainstream appeal. They're based somewhere in Eastern Europe, right?

I haven't played any of the Mount and Blade games, but I'd much sooner get Warband than this.

I imagine, like Warband, that the world is big enough to have many different areas. Warband ran the gamut of Western European areas down to Middle East climates and character models. This will likely be the same, and that you can choose where you start as well.

That is probably the most not fun game I have ever seen.

Setting aside the shitty graphics and questionable AI, it just seems so lifeless, there's a lack of expression on the character models, in the movements, in the deaths and the impact of every blow.

Have to agree that whoever prepared the video did a poor job of showing the depth Mount & Blade has. Right now, this video almost look like the poor man's Dynasty Warrior. I have never charged into battle in M&B without my troops in front, because the AI will slaughter you with their Ant-like behavior, they will swarm you, and clobber you to death. I guess the lengthy reload procedure for the muskets might be to blame as well, if the AI can't switch to their swords fast enough and would rather reload their guns first. > . >

The animation in the game are decent, as your character will swing and thrust in the direction you aim at, even blocking use a direction oriented input unless you set it to auto. This is not a Hollywood movie with the sword swings being overly dramatic or spectacular.

leviadragon99:
Setting aside the shitty graphics and questionable AI, it just seems so lifeless, there's a lack of expression on the character models, in the movements, in the deaths and the impact of every blow.

Facial expressions were never a big thing in M&B, if anything, armored troops of any caliber, from the brigands to the knights look amazing in M&B and M&B: Warband. Same goes for the weapons load-out, and how they look.

The biggest aspect that make M&B good, is the game-play. Each weapon handles like you would expect them too, and both mounted and on-foot combat is just superb. Connecting a hit, a slash, a thrust, with both a sword or otherwise feels great. Always fun to thrust my spear (not a sexual innuendo) in a horse bum and watch the rider fall flat on his face.

Mount and Blade just wouldn't feel the same without King Yaroglek to follow.
And why does the trailer only show the combat? There's much more to Mount and Blade than just that...

Mount and Blade: With Fire and Sword: And Sieges and Bombs: And Boredom and Minutia: Also Unskippable and Bait: Okay I'll stop and Now!

I'm just joking btw. I never played M&B. I'd be willing to try out an earlier one though. Is it worth it?

I love M&B. I've never played Native though, ever. I hate the fictional setting so I always get history mods for it. GOTYAY

Excuse me? Day 2? Day 3? Thats a complete load of bollocks right there. You don't to sustain a siege and attack every day. You only get one shot, then after that your character is damaged quite badly.

As usual, the Taleworlds creators are laying it on thick.

GrizzlerBorno:
Mount and Blade: With Fire and Sword: And Sieges and Bombs: And Boredom and Minutia: Also Unskippable and Bait: Okay I'll stop and Now!

I'm just joking btw. I never played M&B. I'd be willing to try out an earlier one though. Is it worth it?

This is a very old video but I was bored and looked through all the trailers. Not watched all, just the ones I hadn't and looked interesting.

To be honest this trailer is dreadful... but equally some things people have pointed out is very true.

Mount and Blade was a good game.
Mount and Blade: Warband was an excellent stand alone addition to the game.
Mount and Blade with fire and sword... well... sorta...

The thing the first two games were most credited for was to take the idea "You know those total war games... the ones where you get 2000 men and fight another 200 men... what if we let the player do that... but with the player also being one of those warriors."

The first two games take place in a medieval setting where a land is locked in division between 5/6 factions and you get thrown in there to... do... whatever the hell you like. You can take on quests, kill a few bandits, do some trading between towns... dodging bandits, even join tournaments and get to know the nobles(as they are in a situation where they can't be picky). Once you have some decent armour and some money you can recruit lots and lots of men and either join a prominent faction or even be a super bad ass and form your own faction and conquer the others.

That was fun and great. The only issues there were was with recruitment and management of your empire/lands.

Fire and sword adds guns! But it does so... adding fuck all else bar a sort-of story line...
Warband added quite a few new features... WF&S added guns, a clunky recruitment system and actually took away a lot of other things in the other games...

There are demo's for all games but I'd advise you try the very first game. If you like that then buy both M&B and Warband. This... it possibly is better to add a modification to it so that guns are added and you could even get the combat system fully implemented... without the crappy interface.

Siege battles are the worst part of WF&S as they are a slog up a ladder or through a gap and are always the same cutting and slashing and all the same.
The regular battles are a lot more fun with you giving commands to your troops which mean something and you flying through the battlefield on a horse picking off enemies, leading flanking moves etc etc.

-------------
Btw I have insomnia and writing this on my iPod has made me a lot more tired than before. yay :)

Comando96:
-snip-

Thanks for the advice, but I have actually tried out Warband since I posted that comment, quite a while ago. Aaand I loved it. I didn't play past the trial limit, but I will pick it up at some point.

I got Warband because TotalBiscuit recommended that over Fire and Sword, interestingly enough. He didn't like the guns much. He said they were too OP.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here