Trailers: F.E.A.R. 3: Story Arc

F.E.A.R. 3: Story Arc

Paxton Fettel explains his rocky relationship with his brother in F.E.A.R. 3.

Watch Video

We already saw this in Randy Chalk's F.E.A.R 3 Delay announcement.
Still good though

Still cant get over the fact that Fettel sounds like Vegeta. Turns out he's actually Vulcan Raven from MGS.

So instead of ITS OVER 9000, we get prophetic giant Inuit weilding Miniguns.

Either way, its fitting.

I actually really like the F.E.A.R. series. It is one of my favorites. They just do the whole singleplayer shooter experience really well. Whether or not the game is truly scary is debatable, because there are some plot holes

and the Multiplayer has consistently sucked, but they do the action of a single player shooter right. Not every game has to be about multiplayer. I've got Brink for that.

I loved F.E.A.R. 2, Played through it more than twice. Love the story.

Fear 3 looks like a cheesy pile of garbage. It's live action trailer, crappy voice acting, and lame story progression. looks pretty shitty to me.

This trailer is the first time I've been remotely optimistic about F.E.A.R. 3. As much as I enjoyed the first game, and as much as I would like to eventually finish it and get a copy of F.E.A.R. 2, it's really Monolith Studios that I love, and they aren't connected to this game. I never understood why Penny Arcade bashed them so much in the early days; I never played Blood, but Shogo was a very important part of both my childhood and my growth as a gamer.

Also, I noticed something funny about the date of birth thing; it has dates going all the way up to 2011. If a baby who is, at most, 4 months old is capable of navigating their way to this site and putting in the correct date of birth, they're some kind of alien genius, and fully capable of handling the gore.

Owyn_Merrilin:
Also, I noticed something funny about the date of birth thing; it has dates going all the way up to 2011. If a baby who is, at most, 4 months old is capable of navigating their way to this site and putting in the correct date of birth, they're some kind of alien genius, and fully capable of handling the gore.

Or it could be Alma's baby. In which case we're probably all screwed anyway.

The Rogue Wolf:

Owyn_Merrilin:

Or it could be Alma's baby. In which case we're probably all screwed anyway.

Okay, win. If Alma's baby is involved in this, I'm running as far away as possible -- is there a mission to Mars coming up anytime soon?

Do you think they have to make an effort to be that corny, or does it just come naturally?

Zhukov:
Do you think they have to make an effort to be that corny, or does it just come naturally?

I think there must be some kind of schooling involved. I'm pretty sure Stanford is offering classes in 'Expert level sounding like a pompus cornball' next semester.

Anybody else see the screencap and think of the Half-Life intro scene?

MaVeN1337:
I loved F.E.A.R. 2, Played through it more than twice. Love the story.

Fear 3 looks like a cheesy pile of garbage. It's live action trailer, crappy voice acting, and lame story progression. looks pretty shitty to me.

Pardon me? You've gotta be kidding.... FEAR 1 was the best. FEAR 2 was ok-ish. FEAR 3 looks like they are trying to sell the game to a winder audience and a horror coop game? That just doesn't work...

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here