Critical Miss: #001

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 NEXT

BRILLIANT!

100th comic, grats.

Steampunk game jounalism, awesome.

And a new epic phrase... Gracious, Pastries!

EDIT: I fucking WANT that steam powered alarm clock :D

Hundred already? Did I fall into a coma? Great work, chaps!

Jumping between this comic and the first really exposes how much improvement in the artstyle has been made. Bravo. I've been reading since day 1 and will continue to do so.

TheBelgianGuy:
I don't get it, "Celebrating a CENTURY of comics" somehow means Miss Critical has made it's 100th edition?

I think it means the first comic was published exactly 100 years ago from now. Can't you people read?

Century (n)
3. any group or collection of 100

Mysnomer:

TheBelgianGuy:
I don't get it, "Celebrating a CENTURY of comics" somehow means Miss Critical has made it's 100th edition?

I think it means the first comic was published exactly 100 years ago from now. Can't you people read?

Century (n)
3. any group or collection of 100

I apologize, I did not know that. I've never seen it used in English for anything but years.

Gracious! Pastries!

I guffawed toward that statement.

I'm a bit lost on the line about Penny Dreadful

TheBelgianGuy:

well comics have been around for more then 100 years they started in the 1840's

SmileyBat:

A Penny Dreadful is a slang term for medieval/victorian newspapers catering primarily to the dishonest (thieves, primarily). I believe the comment is mentioning that the basic dishonesty of game reviewing in general is related to these old, shitty newspapers.

Or something like that.

I opened a new browser and compared the two side by side. It was amazing.

I do say that this comedic cartoon story was quite enjoyable for me to read through. The last sentence uttered by the humorous Miss Elizabeth Stout had be chuckling merrily for quite some time after I had read it.

"Gracious! Pastries!" Indeed.

I do look forward to hearing about the interesting adventures that Miss Stout will be partaking in throughout the coming years.

Anyone else imagine the alternate intro to Fringe playing in front of that?

Faux-rin?

While this comic's last line of, "Gracias, pastries!" was awesome, it will never compare to the unforgettable quote of, "Fuck yeah, donuts!!"

Also, congrats on your 100th issue.

I don't get it...

The perfect ending lol. I loved her bed. 2 blankets but sleeping with the tiny one lol.

Ooh I love it when a comic makes me parse every sentence.

xXxJessicaxXx:
Congratulations on 100 strips, I like it btw very Agatha Heterodyne <3

Good thing she threw away the coffee then, we don't want a repeat of last time...

Another great comic, thank you :)

Geo Da Sponge:

xXxJessicaxXx:
Congratulations on 100 strips, I like it btw very Agatha Heterodyne <3

Good thing she threw away the coffee then, we don't want a repeat of last time...

It was so perfect...*sob* :'(

TheBelgianGuy:

Century is latin for 100, hence a century of comics.

Okay, now do a Steampunk version of the Shovelware strip/story-arc.

The first strip you ever did reminded me somewhat of Warren Ellis' Transmetropolitan in delivery and style. This now reminds me of Transmetropolitan crossed with the art design of Fable. I approve. Very much so.

Congrats on 100 strips ^^

Fan since the start. Nice to see a 100th comic.

And the comic was hilarious, I just wish I understood a sentence.

Kjakings:

SmileyBat:

A Penny Dreadful is a slang term for medieval/victorian newspapers catering primarily to the dishonest (thieves, primarily). I believe the comment is mentioning that the basic dishonesty of game reviewing in general is related to these old, shitty newspapers.

Or something like that.

A medieval newspaper? really?

OT:The gracious pastries are lies.

Frabulous work!

Mullahgrrl:

Kjakings:

SmileyBat:

Or something like that.

A Penny Dreadful was a 19th century pamphlet or comic with a lurid or sensational story they cost a penny. It's since been used to describe anything that has cheap sensational fiction...like fox news *flees* ;)

A joseph ducreux style redo of the first strip? Weird, but funny, as usual.

xXxJessicaxXx:

Mullahgrrl:

Kjakings:

Or something like that.

A Penny Dreadful was a 19th century pamphlet or comic with a lurid or sensational story they cost a penny. It's since been used to describe anything that has cheap sensational fiction...like fox news *flees* ;)

Ah. I knew I was getting something wrong. Thanks for clearing that up.

Kjakings:

SmileyBat:

Or something like that.

I had no idea. That makes perfect sense.

I liked the way you wrote the comic. :D

Witty, beautiful and enjoyable.

You guys have done great.
Congrats to you both.

Now I have some catching up to do!

Wasn't there another comic like this one except with donuts?
Or was this just cause of the royal wedding?

Goodness gracious, the arms in the last panel!

Nightmares for a century I say!

*Congratulations*

Splendid, worth every penny may I add, not that I contribute any such funds. By George I would pay tupence if so needed.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here