Critical Miss: #001

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 NEXT

COR! CRUMPETS!!!

Grats on #100! ^_^

Steampunk... I see what you did there.

Congrats on 100 comics!! Keep 'em coming!

I didn't fail noticing how much improved the artwork is compared to those early days.

Holy crap what a difference!

happy 100 - heres to 100 more

direkiller:

TheBelgianGuy:
I don't get it, "Celebrating a CENTURY of comics" somehow means Miss Critical has made it's 100th edition?

I think it means the first comic was published exactly 100 years ago from now. Can't you people read?

well comics have been around for more then 100 years they started in the 1840's

Well apparently, the sort of idea about different frames and text-balloons is even older, I had just read a satirical comic about the French revolution... SO yeah I'm just dumb, I should've known it couldn't have been 100 years.

One year and one more time...Thanks for the awesome.

Kjakings:

SmileyBat:
I'm a bit lost on the line about Penny Dreadful

A Penny Dreadful is a slang term for medieval/victorian newspapers catering primarily to the dishonest (thieves, primarily). I believe the comment is mentioning that the basic dishonesty of game reviewing in general is related to these old, shitty newspapers.

Or something like that.

I thought they were what would later be called "pulp fiction". Cheaply-printed, usually badly-written stories about sensational things like murders.

I got the impression this was at least somewhat inspired by Biochock: Infinite. Wait, is that a game that's still coming out? They didn't cancel that, did they? Because I'd hate to miss floating cities.

Wow, it only took me 100 issues but I finally noticed the pun in the name of the webcomic. /doh

Congratulations and all that.

GRACIOUS! PASTRIES!
Nice one.

Remember when the comic was called "Out of Tens"?

Sucal:
Alas old chap, you forgot your monocle. Please slot it back into place, and let us make merry. There be wenches at the tavern, that be exposing their ankles

Ankles? Scandalous!

Also, awesome comic. Really awesome.

I like this version much better.
you can't beat steamopunk

Fronzel:

Kjakings:

SmileyBat:
I'm a bit lost on the line about Penny Dreadful

A Penny Dreadful is a slang term for medieval/victorian newspapers catering primarily to the dishonest (thieves, primarily). I believe the comment is mentioning that the basic dishonesty of game reviewing in general is related to these old, shitty newspapers.

Or something like that.

I thought they were what would later be called "pulp fiction". Cheaply-printed, usually badly-written stories about sensational things like murders.

he got it wrong.

From the wiki:

A penny dreadful (also called penny horrible, penny awful,[1] penny number and penny blood) was a type of British fiction publication in the 19th century that usually featured lurid serial stories appearing in parts over a number of weeks, each part costing a penny. The term, however, soon came to encompass a variety of publications that featured cheap sensational fiction, such as story papers and booklet "libraries." The penny dreadfuls were printed on cheap pulp paper and were aimed primarily at working class adolescents

Happy centurion!

OOOh! Posh. Congratulation on your 100th comic. Keep on being funny

Wow, literally yesterday I went through the first 33 Critical Miss comics, and then this comes out today. WHAT DOES IT MEEEAAAN?!?

Ahahaha, that is awesome! Took a cue from that guy that made steampunk Star Wars action figures or something? I love it.

And I just have to start randomly saying "GRACIOUS! PASTRIES!!"

OK I have to admit this particular strip was really, really awesome.

a steam punk redo of your first strip? That's an amazing win in my book, and "Gracious Pastries!" just adds to that win.

The old timeyness makes me laugh.

Sooo... d'ya get an achievement badge?

Wow congratulations guy's

GRACIOUS PASTRIES!/ FUCK YEAH DONUTS!

how times change.

I must start using the term 'gracious pastries' more often

Clap clap clap... I shall wear my monocle and top-hat then in celebration.

I have to add my voice to the chorus, this really has flourished into incredible art. Critical Miss is entirely wonderful.

Oh my, 100? Congratulations indeed!

Shouldn't it be called "Perilous Spinster"? :)

These two comics are nothing similar. In the original, the last panel co-workers are on her left, while this comic we clearly see them on her right. And I thought you were improving. For shame.

What the- SteamPunk rewrite!! Fuck yeah! **jizzes everywhere**

I think the Queen should write you a letter congratulating you on reaching a hundred comics. Until that happens, I guess you'll just have to deal with ours...

Congratulations! May the next hundred be as glorious as those pastries! ^_^

TheBelgianGuy:
I don't get it, "Celebrating a CENTURY of comics" somehow means Miss Critical has made it's 100th edition?

I think it means the first comic was published exactly 100 years ago from now. Can't you people read?

Not exactly, apparently the first comic strip is almost 200 years old.

They can be meaning specifically to the first newspaper daily comic strip in the USA, but apparently that started on the 31st of January of 1912, in the New York Evening Journal, 99 years ago.

Anyway, congratulations guys for the good work.

So now we're going to get a steam punk version of every comic so far, right?

And what a fun ride it's been!

Congratulations to one of the best gaming webcomics! (I'm sorry, Shamus!)

-Your Loyal Reader

P.S. At first glance I somehow thought this was going to be related to BioShock Infinite, heh.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here