Mortal Kombat Review

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5

Sinclose:

Akihiko:
Ordered a copy of this today, might not get it till next tuesday though. Thanks Royal Wedding and May Day... Looks surprisingly good though. Haven't really played a mortal kombat game since back on the playstation.

Edit: Anyone know how long the story mode is, by the way?

4-5 hours, I believe, depending on how good you are. With a good story too, it's not just a string of dumb excuses to keep the fights going-there are interesting plot twists and such.

add 4-5 hours for the Final Bossfight alone :p

I liked the review and had the story mode beat 3 days after launch. Its very good, and in my opinion it set the bar for what a single player story should be in a fighting game.

AroLombardi:
Oh God yes Susan. The ending of the video assured you as my favorite reviewer.

Anyways, does it still have all the characters from previous ones? Because I rented Armageddon and took a liking to Blaze.

all the MK characters from 1-3 are here with the expection of a few characters like Rain are not in. And Smoke is in his human form back in MK1 and MK2. But once those are over he might get transformed into cyborg

but all the characters from Mk4 to Armageddon are not here (sorry no Blaze,mavado,taven etc..)

ForgottenPr0digy:
but all the characters from Mk4 to Armageddon are not here (sorry no Blaze,mavado,taven etc..)

That's a shame. I don't care about Taven because he was a tool, and Mavado PISSED ME OFF SO MUCH, but Blaze was pretty damn cool.

AroLombardi:

ForgottenPr0digy:

That's a shame. I don't care about Taven because he was a tool, and Mavado PISSED ME OFF SO MUCH, but Blaze was pretty damn cool.

Yeah it does suck

I like Mavado and Taven was alright too me. Taven was much better than his brother Daegon.

maybe we can see characters like Kenshi,Bo' Rai Cho,Darrius or Frost also as DLC characters

But i can't tell what will happen in the next game.

ForgottenPr0digy:
Yeah it does suck

I like Mavado and Taven was alright too me. Taven was much better than his brother Daegon.

maybe we can see characters like Kenshi,Bo' Rai Cho,Darrius or Frost also as DLC characters

Mavado was always extremely cheap to me whenever I faced him. And same for Kenshi. They're both assholes.

Well Taven wasn't exactly bad, but his character was made nothing more than for the terrible story of Armageddon and he was, to quote Yahtzee, "as deep as a cardboard cutout."

I do like Frost and Bo' Rai Cho though.

AroLombardi:

ForgottenPr0digy:
Yeah it does suck

Mavado was always extremely cheap to me whenever I faced him. And same for Kenshi. They're both assholes.

Well Taven wasn't exactly bad, but his character was made nothing more than for the terrible story of Armageddon and he was, to quote Yahtzee, "as deep as a cardboard cutout."

I do like Frost and Bo' Rai Cho though.

just because they have cheap AI doesn't make them assholes

ForgottenPr0digy:

I am very vain in video games.

AroLombardi:

ForgottenPr0digy:

I am very vain in video games.

you might wanna work on that.

Back on topic:I wish i could buy this game

Actually fatalities in this game are easy to perform. Once you learn how to perform it, successful execution is always guaranteed.

I love this game! The only thing is that I find some AI vs battles kinda hard and it would hurt my pride to switch to something lower than medium :) . Also, 1vs2 battles in story mode are ridiculous.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here