Daily Drop: PlayStation

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

PlayStation

The only thing that could make this better is if we also smashed a copy of The Simpsons Wrestling.

Watch Video

The PS1 was also made on Nintendium? Man, what did manufacturers plan on these things to do- explore space?

Sturdy as hell that thing. That's not the quality we see of today.

I wondered if the lid would open in the drop, but sadly you dropped it with the lid open both times :(

i was curious as to if it still worked after the drop there but then they brought in the crow bar awwww!!
Man drop one the new wee white ps1's! Bet that wouldnt survive!

Graham_LRR:
PlayStation

The only thing that could make this better is if we also smashed a copy of The Simpsons Wrestling.

Watch Video

Actually given recent events, I think another thing that might have made it better for some people is if you dropped it on a Sony executive's head.

(...and then crowbarred it)

Harder to break than the PSN, I'll give it that.

How delightfully poignant.

says the FBI investigator to his boss:

"sir, i've got a feeling this Playstation case is going to be cracked WIDE open!"

i'm so, so sorry

Wow the fact that the Xbox 360 daily drop broke upon the first drop while Playstation didn't break (well got the lid to open). They sure don't built console like they used to.

Resilient little bugger. It's like the AK47 of consoles.

unacomn:

Their software is shit, but their hardware is untouchable.

I'm suprised they didn't take another whack with the crowbar.

At first I was like "yup, expected that old thing would keep it together well"

Then: "oh,looks like this is gonna take a few more dr-oh, crowbar...yup, there it goes"

Scarim Coral:
Wow the fact that the Xbox 360 daily drop broke upon the first drop while Playstation didn't break (well got the lid to open). They sure don't built console like they used to.

I'd like to see them drop just an Xbox (not the 360) and see how it holds up for them when compared to the 360 drop. Although they might dent the floor with an original Xbox. But yes, they don't build them like they used to unfortunately.

Most people would probably have expected you to drop a PS3 but then you wouldn't have..........

3 PS3s.

Sorry I just had to do that.

I did this after my PSX crapped out and wouldn't play Tekken 3 anymore. I didn't have a crowbar handy tho, so I had to use a heavy piece of Coral Rock. 5 drops from 2 stories up and it barely cracked so out came the heavy coral and bye bye PSX.

Yopaz:

The quality of products is noticeably worse as time passes. My family had a microwave, that was as big as a dog house, that lasted 30 years.

Oh-ho-ho.. i c wut u did that, lrr. :D

How delightfully relevant to the last full week of news.

I miss those days.. When consoles weren't online. Sure, it's fun playing online with others now, but it was just so much.. "Safer", then?

Eisenfaust:
says the FBI investigator to his boss:

"sir, i've got a feeling this Playstation case is going to be cracked WIDE open!"

i'm so, so sorry

You had to have a shower after that one, didn't you?

It was nice to see what would happend if I droped my PS1.

I will never forgive you guys for destroying that masterpiece.

This thing is even harder than nintendium, I shall dub it SONYUM.

I bet that even after the second drop you could have played Twisted Metal on it with ease.

CAUSE THAT WAS THE QUALITY BACK IN THE DAY KIDS.

A PS3 would have been more appropos...

HankMan:
Harder to break than the PSN, I'll give it that.

You're on a roll lately.

They don't make 'em like that anymore...

I would have rather seen a PS3 drop, especially considering recent news. Or just forget about consoles and to crowbar Patrick Seybold and everyone else involved in PS3/PSN security. And when the FBI finds the hackers, crowbar them too.

Smashing a PS1 right in the optical drive was pretty funny though.

ShadowKatt:

You did not just say that about Sony.

As good as always, but I can't help feeling that you should have whacked it with the crowbar a few more times: You're always very sedate with the crowbar, I'd love to see you go nuts and pummel stuff in to the ground sometimes. But hey, it's only a minor criticism of a great series, keep up the good work guys!

mjc0961:

ShadowKatt:

Yeah, their hardware isn't that good.

I'm still sore from the disc reading issues on the PS2.

Yopaz:

I wonder why that is

subtlefuge:

mjc0961:

ShadowKatt:

Yeah, their hardware isn't that good.

I'm still sore from the disc reading issues on the PS2.

The PS1 may be built to survive more than a couple of drops, but the earlier generations had a problem with the disc drive motors eventually failing because the CDs that were put on top were too heavy.

unacomn:

If the PlayStation is the AK-47, then whats the M-16?

We all knew how this was going to end, some of us welcomed it, others dreaded it.

One thing to note, it's kinda a dead giveaway that the crowbar is going to come out when the music for the initial drop is the basic intro music.

Anyways... working out some frustrations over PSN going down?

Vanbael:

unacomn:

If the PlayStation is the AK-47, then whats the M-16?

I think the Xbox 360, both of them having the same habit of blowing up in your face when your in the trenches, because the hardware won't actually work under normal operational conditions without special care.

So you guys decided to play CRASH BASH.
No one is going to be playing that station anymore >.>

After recent events, I needed to see that.

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here