Daily Drop: PlayStation

Pages PREV 1 2 3

why the hell would you...

I don't even...

aaargh!

You guys dropped a system! On top of that it's a sony system and you did this around the time of the current fiasco with sony. I wish to believe that you guys did not do this because of current events.

aw, i wanted to see every component fly, all i saw was a few screws and the laser protector.

HankMan:
Harder to break than the PSN, I'll give it that.

oh, this too.

But.... But... but why?

airrazor7:
why the hell would you...

I don't even...

aaargh!

You guys dropped a system! On top of that it's a sony system and you did this around the time of the current fiasco with sony. I wish to believe that you guys did not do this because of current events.

No... they taped all the Daily Drops in the same one week period. (High-speed cameras are expensive to buy, let alone rent. They did the latter.) It was just fate that the Escapist held off until NOW to show this drop.

Damn, I expected it break after the first drop. Well played old friend, rest in peace.

What was the serial port for? I don't remember using it. Same with the parallel port for that matter, though they took that away on later models.

Needed more crowbar hits.

Paul always looks so defeated after a second failed drop.

Impressed at its durability. Disappointed in the lack of flying debris. I'm conflicted.

train your nerds to use a crowbar properly, thanx

Part of my childhood cried out in anguish.

My more cynical part however wishes to state that's how you get the infinity health cheat in FFVII to work.

Funny thing is that it never breaks. Mine fell about 15 times and it still works. The PS2, however, took only one small drop and had to be taken to the shop.

Prof. Monkeypox:
The PS1 was also made on Nintendium? Man, what did manufacturers plan on these things to do- explore space?

You fool, that's not a PS1, it's the PSX.
Little. White. Pretty much the same thing...

As we said many times before: You need gloves to use the crowbar. If you do not you either scratch your hand on the ground or you don't develop enough momentum to scratch a sturdy object like an old console. Please keep that in mind for the next batch.

Also Sony will probably sue you because you published a description how to hack the playstation. And then they will give your credit card number to.. well to anyone interested.

This thing needs 5 more drops and 20 more crowbar whacks please. Tough lil bugger

Invest in a sledge hammer IMO

Yeah, I dropped my old Playstation quite a few times. It was quite the stable beast. Sharp contrast to how some of my newer consoles have bit the dust from a little wear and tear.

In lieu of current events with the PSN, this video is very appropriate both metaphorically and literally (or whatever the word is for realistically.... but not in writing....)

Xbox360: You're going to drop me? No! No! OH SHI-
(dropped three more times, just of the hell of it.)

PSX: Trying to use pure gravity to destroy me? I don't think so.
(2nd drop)
I see you haven't learned anything, noob.
(see's silent crowbar wielding man)
OH SHI-

On Topic: Should have gone Gordon Freeman on that PlayStation.

Aww but I liked simpsons wrestling.

YES! YES! A thousand times YES! The Drop Gods are listening. My smashing prayers have been answered. Next time though, SLEDGE HAMMER! :D

older things are better quality, drop a PS1 from very high up.... NOTHING, Drop a iPhone from pocket onto concrete...... DESTRUCTION!!!

I broke my PlayStation in a similar fashion. Except instead of dropping it, I threw it out of my bedroom window where it smashed onto the road and got run over. That was the biggest game rage I ever had.

I weep for a fallen soldier. May it live on and provide infinite hours of entertainment in Valhalla.

Pretty sturdy piece of equipment, there. :-)

supersheep13:
older things are better quality, drop a PS1 from very high up.... NOTHING, Drop a iPhone from pocket onto concrete...... DESTRUCTION!!!

Blame corporate greed for that. They want to make more money, so they continue to use cheaper materials in construction to save on costs. Also, repairs are a nice market to be in, so the more that break, the more they have to fix, and the more money they make.

Pages PREV 1 2 3

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here