Trailers: Wakfu: Combat

Wakfu: Combat

Test out your spells, skills, and strategy in the open beta for Wakfu.

Watch Video

This looks pretty bland and uninteresting.

Its clearly not aimed at me, or to my tastes.

But damn. Not even the slightest bit of amusement.

Reminds me of Final Fantasy Tactics, only less interesting.

Interest me this MMO does not. Wait for old republic I will.

Like a few games I've seen before it, the one thing this game has going for it is the presentation (I'm a fan of the designer's artwork). Having tried Dofus (i.e. the prequel) it's pretty much a flash-based turn-based MMORPG, which I despise.

One word: Lifeless.

Well, at least the show is pretty cool.

I hope that the in-game soundtrack is better at least.

Did someone say Ragnarok Online?

Guthie:
Did someone say Ragnarok Online?

Certainly looks like that, except Ragnarok was free roaming. You could move anywhere you wanted in that MMO.

OMG OMG OMG!

Is what I might be saying if that didn't utterly disinterest me. Somebody is buzzed though I'm sure. And God bless that person. Honestly that trailer made me sleepy.

Really lame trailer, but the game is actually pretty neat. The combat is grid based, so it feels like a FF Tactics MMO. There are some other neat qualities, like enemies that die or trees that get chopped down don't respawn; someone has to replant them. Dofus seems like it was basically a concept piece for Wakfu. Wakfu actually has a moving camera and a likable interface, plus you get a pet as soon as you start. The dialog is usually really funny (if it's actually in English instead of French), and the artwork is impressive. Anyway, as long it stays free, it's surprisingly enjoyable.

NightmareTaco:
Really lame trailer, but the game is actually pretty neat. The combat is grid based, so it feels like a FF Tactics MMO. There are some other neat qualities, like enemies that die or trees that get chopped down don't respawn; someone has to replant them. Dofus seems like it was basically a concept piece for Wakfu. Wakfu actually has a moving camera and a likable interface, plus you get a pet as soon as you start. The dialog is usually really funny (if it's actually in English instead of French), and the artwork is impressive. Anyway, as long it stays free, it's surprisingly enjoyable.

Yeah the trailer does the game no justice and well I love it! Might help that I play with friends I know over teamspeak and the fact that we plan our strategies though etc.

I will say that since it is in beta still the thing is buggy as hell. Server lag, occasional camera screws, not being able to take your turn or not being able to see other players and abilities stunning allies when they're not even able to stun enemies!

That said when and if they fix the bugs I'll be there with my friends..... Getting our asses handed to us by a level 99 Shu Shu statue..... and loving it.

Again, the trailer doesn't do it justice. Combat's fast paced and for the most part, very straightforward. Grinding isn't really all that painful, the art style is pleasant, the writing is good and... Yeah, that's all I've got.

It's a very accessible Tactical MMORPG. Don't knock it till you try it folks.

Dammit, another game that looks like it will be awesome but is totally wasted on the mmorpg crowed, instead of being release as a standalone product :(

I love Wakfu, the show, but that trailer was reaaaally boring. Pity.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here