Trailers: Star Wars: The Old Republic: Jedi Knight Progression

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Star Wars: The Old Republic: Jedi Knight Progression

Level up your Jedi Knight to unlock the Guardian and Sentinel specializations in Star Wars: The Old Republic. If you'd rather fight for the Sith, see the Sith Warrior Progression here.

Watch Video

movements seem a bit ridged, I miss the fluidness of the jedi-knight games.

I HAVE THE POWER!
...to hold a pose during a transition shot.

This be month(s) old, I feel the darkside forces in this one. Seen you added the new (correct) one shortly though.

I will buy it but it still too much WOW in my opinion and I played it at PaxEast

Those were some pretty short class trees. Also, I've just watched the Sith one, how come this one doesn't demonstrate any force powers, only light sabre moves?

come onnnnnnn build your own saber... it's the one thing i've been yearning for (including proper implementation) in star wars games

So.....what exactly happens when this game goes online and 98% of all the people in the Galaxy turn into Jedi's and Sith's? Shouldn't that lead to lore-nerds hanging themselves?

is there not a straight up force power centered class?

NinjaDeathSlap:
Those were some pretty short class trees. Also, I've just watched the Sith one, how come this one doesn't demonstrate any force powers, only light sabre moves?

I believe there 2 Jedi classes one focussed on Force power and one on lightsabres, this is the lightsabre one I guess. Same for the Sith.

Wow, that was fucking horrible, about 90% of that looked like a direct port from Jedi Outcast (that is 9 bloody years old).

But hey, it's an MMO so this is pretty standard.

Anybody remember Plinkett talking about the stupidity of the lightsaber in the hands of a non-humanoid in his review of Attack of the Clones? Yeah. He was right. Look at the big fat thing from the beginning of the trailer.

Mother of god.

Valve puts out ads for Portal 2 that gain a fan following of their own.

Bioware puts out ads for The Old Republic that look like particularly low-grade Machinima.

Great.

That was disappointing. That didn't look much better than WoW or Guild Wars, and not the new Guild Wars, the old one.

*shakes head* I am disappoint.

GrizzlerBorno:
So.....what exactly happens when this game goes online and 98% of all the people in the Galaxy turn into Jedi's and Sith's? Shouldn't that lead to lore-nerds hanging themselves?

Ehh, this takes place thousands of years before the movie, so it shouldn't be a problem. So far, class balance has been okay (based on polls), with player interest in Force users only a little bit above none-force classes. 50% of the classes are either Sith or Jedi, so I'm guessing anywhere from 50-60% will play them.

Gahhhhhh! Why is this not KotOR 3! I don't want some stupid, no story, no fun MMO! I want KotOR 3 goddammit!

Could be better. Although they have very defined game faces. Like their doing a whose got the most serious game face contest :)

Doesn't sentinel and guardian kinda mean the same thing?

Oh and the animations are just fantastic. I see no way you could improve them. *cough*

Looks so damn cartoony, laaaame. I hate when they kiddify stuff that wasnt meant for kids.

Wow. Laughably bad animation unless a lightsabre's being swung around...

This is the only game I know where the trailers actually manage to damage the hype rather than add to it.

RabbidKuriboh:
is there not a straight up force power centered class?

Jedi Consular/Sith Inquisitor have force power centered Advanced Classes.

PS
Why is the Escapist showing a month old video just now?

that's how I block missiles; with my face.

Although it doesn't live up to the hype I've heard about it, I still wish I had a PC so that I could play it. It looks like it would be a lot of fun! I like the differences between the classes as far as outfits go. The leveled up sentinel looks pretty sweet with the dual wielding and the hood. Makes him look like a ninja. And a ninja with Force powers and lightsabers would be a blast.

Graphics are not awesome, and animations really aren't at all fluid.

But my main problem with it is why do Jedi wear bloody armour?

I noticed it with the Sith too.

Apart from Darth Vader, whose armour is mainly a combination of life-support system and prosthetic limbs, when did we ever see Jedi or Sith in the movies wearing any sort of armour?

Luykus:
Gahhhhhh! Why is this not KotOR 3! I don't want some stupid, no story, no fun MMO! I want KotOR 3 goddammit!

This is KotOR 3-11. Every character has their own story, companions and skill sets and advanced classes. Don't bitch without doing research.

manythings:

Luykus:

This is KotOR 3-11. Every character has their own story, companions and skill sets and advanced classes. Don't bitch without doing research.

Does it? May I kindly ask were you found this information?

Luykus:

manythings:

Luykus:

It is mentioned just in about every preview or interview I've seen.

Look at the "Taral V, a mid-level Republic Flashpoint." walk-through. http://www.swtor.com/news/news-article/20110312

And this just made me wish they had just made KotOR 3 anyway.
'cries in her corner'

right me if I'm wrong but wasn't the main things with the sentinel in KOTOR being able to stealth and hacking?
I see no stealth or hacking, only jedi swing their lightsabers around and not very fluently I might add.
This makes me wanna play the other classes more atm.....

TheBelgianGuy:

Luykus:

manythings:

It is mentioned just in about every preview or interview I've seen.

Look at the "Taral V, a mid-level Republic Flashpoint." walk-through. http://www.swtor.com/news/news-article/20110312

So I watched that Flashpoint trailer. I... MMOs really have nowhere to progress, do they? :| I hate to say this, but it's space WoW from what they show. And that'd -really- suck, because it looks like the Star Wars universe has a lot to offer. Really hope they improve this.

CleverCover:
'cries in her corner'

This is essentially 8 seperate, completely unique KOTOR games (1 for each class - bounty hunter, smuggler, imperial agent, trooper, 2 jedi classes, 2 sith classes), each 3 times as long as KOTOR. So 24 KOTOR games, and thats not including all the 'mmo stuff' - raiding, flashpoints, pvp, warzones, crafting, grouping, etc.

drosalion:

CleverCover:
'cries in her corner'

This is essentially 8 seperate, completely unique KOTOR games (1 for each class - bounty hunter, smuggler, imperial agent, trooper, 2 jedi classes, 2 sith classes), each 3 times as long as KOTOR. So 24 KOTOR games, and thats not including all the 'mmo stuff' - raiding, flashpoints, pvp, warzones, crafting, grouping, etc.

But I still can't play as my Exile or Revan and find some closure to their story. That's all I cared about, finding out what the truth was and what happened.

Until I find out that I learn what happened to people I invested my time, money, and soul into, I probably won't be as excited as other people are for this.

GrizzlerBorno:

This is my exact thought. Why the hell would you roll anything that doesn't use a lightsaber? The only way I can see around it is making Jedi/Sith some kind of unlockable "hero class" but that will shoot the game right in the foot.

(or nerfing the Force to where a bounty hunter, protocol droid or whatever the hell other classes are in it can keep up. Sigh.)

..*sigh* Bioware...dressing up Jedi Knights like actual Medieval Knights doesn't work. Less is more with Jedi/Sith class armor. Geez...

Jedi's fighting is meant to be more like Bushido with its light weight armor and different styles for situations, then bloody medieval combat.

By the way guys. Know your Star Wars lore before you start saying that other classes are useless against Jedi. There are several ways to nullify the force, as well as lightsabers. Vibroblade can have an Enchani Weave inserted into it that stops Lightsabers from cutting through them. A Jedi can still be killed by a fast shot if it catches them off guard.

Jedi/Sith are no invincible, they just have advantages. The ones in the movies are the exceptions to the rule. Remember how hard of a time Revan had against merc's? Remember how Bobba Fett pretty much regularly kicked Jedi backside? Back in the Star Wars timeline when this is set Jedi dying to mundane forces was NOT a uncommon.

People are thinking it much like the games are set in the Clone Wars Period, they ain't. This is way way further back, and the stance of Jedi as invincible warriors doesn't yet exist.

And only the first of the Guardian's armour-varients looks any good.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here