Trailers: Star Wars: The Old Republic: Sith Warrior Progression

Pages 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Star Wars: The Old Republic: Sith Warrior Progression

Level up your Sith Warrior to unlock the Marauder and Juggernaut specializations in Star Wars: The Old Republic. If you'd rather fight for the Republic, see the Jedi Knight Progression here.

Watch Video

Kinda sad that the thing that stuck out most to me in the video was how robotic and emotionless that Twi'lek companion character looks.

The Sith Juggernaut is getting sum tonight, I'll tell ya that.

The Philistine:
Kinda sad that the thing that stuck out most to me in the video was how robotic and emotionless that Twi'lek companion character looks.

They were all pretty robotic and emotionless

I like that one Jedi.

ROCK POWER!

Why do all the dudes look stupidly muscular?
JEDIS HAVE NO NEED FOR MUSCLE.

Well, the droid juggernaut looks alright, if only because the stiff animations don't suit any of the other characters at all.

Palademon:

Yeah I was thinking that, there better be some Darth Sideous like Sith in this.

messy:

Palademon:

Plus, it looked like the final path to the Sith is some variation of "Darth Vader" with some kind of mechanical body. That or General Grevious.

Just out of curiosity, why did the Sith character saved the Twi'lek girl at the end there? I get that she may be an ally, but that few seconds seemed to emphasize this rescue, which gives me the impression the Sith in here are not the "evil" Jedi-side.

Ugh, the character models look hideous. They should really reconsider the cartoony and stylized art direction, it fits in more with that awful SW cartoon show more then it does with the KoTOR games. The costumes and armor look ridiculous, and the proportions of the characters are on par with barbie dolls for being anatomically proportional, especially the overmuscled male models. Watching the development of ToR is like watching a car wreck in slow motion. It's horrifying to watch the extent to which they are willing to trash the KoTOR series in the name of milking it for all it's worth, but at the same time, I can't look away, because it is so fascinating to watch the extents to which they are going!

No. Everyone will be a muscley hunk in SWTOR, like all WoW human males are always bodybuilders, even the mages and priests and which we'll totally ignore for the purpose of being a smartass now. /end sarcasm

*sigh*

They have not 1, not 2, not 3, but 4 different body shapes you can choose right at character generation. Slim, athletic, muscular (the bodybuilder) and fat. Obviously for demonstration purposes the moreso generally attractive ones are chosen. Doesn't mean one can't choose whatever else they find appealing from one of those 4 choices however.

I like the possibility of looking like Darth Maul

Palademon:

well, they are warriors. The force users don't reallt need it though.

I'm probably not gonna get the game since I can't afford too many subscription based things, but is it Bioware's concept that all Powerful jedi should look similar to Darth Vader? Both of the "end tier" looking guys were both robotic.

The Philistine:

They've been testing out some more expressive facial poses, so I'm hoping they incorporate that into the combat, if only to make these videos look cooler. But let's be honest, we won't see the faces to this extent in actual combat. Just like how we never see the (usually) expressionless WoW faces.

Outright Villainy:
Well, the droid juggernaut looks alright, if only because the stiff animations don't suit any of the other characters at all.

I think that was just a special mask, not a whole droid body...

Loonerinoes:
They have not 1, not 2, not 3, but 4 different body shapes you can choose right at character generation. Slim, athletic, muscular (the bodybuilder) and fat.

This.

dragongit:
I'm probably not gonna get the game since I can't afford too many subscription based things, but is it Bioware's concept that all Powerful jedi should look similar to Darth Vader? Both of the "end tier" looking guys were both robotic.

Some of the more broad design choices draw from the iconic characters the classes are based on. For instance, The Sith Warrior is inspired by Vader, the Smuggler is inspired by Han Solo, The Bounty Hunter by Boba Fett, etc. This does not mean that every armor set looks like those characters. Some will, but the characters are merely an inspiration and not the design focus of every piece of armor.

Going to quote you:

Loonerinoes:

They have not 1, not 2, not 3, but 4 different body shapes you can choose right at character generation. Slim, athletic, muscular (the bodybuilder) and fat. Obviously for demonstration purposes the moreso generally attractive ones are chosen. Doesn't mean one can't choose whatever else they find appealing from one of those 4 choices however.

And show it to these:

Palademon:

messy:

Palademon:

Deathlisk:

Palademon:

well, they are warriors. The force users don't reallt need it though.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

dragongit:

They've just got helmets on - to show that you get more and more stuff as you progress.

Why is it that when i saw Juggernaut i could just hear "I'M THE *SITH* JUGGERNAUT BITCH" in the back of my head.

Palademon:

This is not true, young apprentice. The mind and the body must be in harmony in order to be a Jedi. One cannot have an active mind and a slothful body. It doesn't matter if the Force allows you to know where an enemy's next blow will land if your arms are too slow to get your light-saber there in time to block, or your wrists are too weak to hold when your blades meet.

If I can't make a Sith Juggernaut with a pink lightsaber and shiny purple armor, I'm gonna be a little disappointed. I also want to make him skinny and short. Talking with a lisp is too much to hope though, considering the voice actor they'll have set for him.

cefm:

Palademon:

This is not true, young apprentice. The mind and the body must be in harmony in order to be a Jedi. One cannot have an active mind and a slothful body. It doesn't matter if the Force allows you to know where an enemy's next blow will land if your arms are too slow to get your light-saber there in time to block, or your wrists are too weak to hold when your blades meet.

But since when does that mean you have to be THE TANK?

So where did those rocks come from?

Oh, and I am so going to choose the fat body as a jedi

Palademon:

cefm:

Palademon:

Hmm... it doesn't mean that.

Wow, those animations are... fucking awful.

Wow. At least the combat looks slick and organic right?

Right?

(unrelenting sobbing in a dark corner)

dragongit:

that might just be the upper-tier sith. and besides, being an MMO i'm sure you'll have a fairly wide latitude regarding the appearance of your character.

cefm:

Judge me by my size, do you ? the Force is my ally, and a powerful ally it is.

Just release the fucken game already

To be honest I think the worst looking thing about this video is that the lightsabers have no effect on the bodies. Anyone know if thats just for the trailers?

Yay another video...Is the game out yet?... No?

..Ok call me when it is.

Acidwell:
To be honest I think the worst looking thing about this video is that the lightsabers have no effect on the bodies. Anyone know if thats just for the trailers?

There's video evidence that sabers leave temporary strike marks on enemies, but that's about it. No severed limbs, no insta-death. That's how it was in the original KoTOR as well. Making them act like "real" sabers isn't good for balance or fun, just like making guns in CoD act like real guns would be frustrating and it's why swords and axes in WoW don't hurt people the way real swords and axes would.

Palademon:

Well, the Juggernaut is the tank. One of its specializations is for tanking :P

Ok. The animations look choppy. Given this is an MMO I never expected them to be brilliant though.

I'm doing to give the game a try at some point, maybe not day 1 purchase, but I think it actually sounds good. Definitely going to be Sith. They're far cooler (and have all the hottest babes).

My question is can you be different races apart from Human? As far as I know the Sith aren't too keen on non-humans.

rsvp42:

There's video evidence that sabers leave temporary strike marks on enemies, but that's about it. No severed limbs, no insta-death. That's how it was in the original KoTOR as well. Making them act like "real" sabers isn't good for balance or fun, just like making guns in CoD act like real guns would be frustrating and it's why swords and axes in WoW don't hurt people the way real swords and axes would.

I suppose it would suck if Sabers acted like they do in the movies. That would basically make anyone not armed with a lightsaber, or wearing a full Beskar bodysuit woefully underpowered. I do like, however, that they actually duel with sabers rather than take turns hitting each other in the head.

thenumberthirteen:
Ok. The animations look choppy. Given this is an MMO I never expected them to be brilliant though.

I'm doing to give the game a try at some point, maybe not day 1 purchase, but I think it actually sounds good. Definitely going to be Sith. They're far cooler (and have all the hottest babes).

My question is can you be different races apart from Human? As far as I know the Sith aren't too keen on non-humans.

Yeah, I'm not sure what people are comparing the animations to. I'd like to see a side-by-side comparison with other MMOs. Even then I suspect only a few would have slightly better animations.

And despite snide remarks from some of the community, yes there are other playable races: Twi'lek, Zabrak, Ratatakki, Sith Pureblood (as seen in this video), Chiss, Mirialans... can't remember if there are others. They're all humanoid, but fortunately you can pick between 4 body types, so that adds more variety. Sith Warriors can't be every race, but I know they can be human, pureblood, and... something else. Zabrak, maybe. There are also more alien species among the NPCs like Rodians, Ithorians, etc.

Voltano:

messy:

Palademon:

Plus, it looked like the final path to the Sith is some variation of "Darth Vader" with some kind of mechanical body. That or General Grevious.

Just out of curiosity, why did the Sith character saved the Twi'lek girl at the end there? I get that she may be an ally, but that few seconds seemed to emphasize this rescue, which gives me the impression the Sith in here are not the "evil" Jedi-side.

They aren't evil they are trying to set up a ordered galactic government run correctly, killing allies won't win hearts and minds, well at least that is how they see it.

Did he use like force sneeze or something in the second level?

rsvp42:
And despite snide remarks from some of the community, yes there are other playable races: Twi'lek, Zabrak, Ratatakki, Sith Pureblood (as seen in this video), Chiss, Mirialans... can't remember if there are others. They're all humanoid, but fortunately you can pick between 4 body types, so that adds more variety. Sith Warriors can't be every race, but I know they can be human, pureblood, and... something else. Zabrak, maybe. There are also more alien species among the NPCs like Rodians, Ithorians, etc.

Neat. I'd like to be a Sith Twi'lek, and if anyone complains BAM! Lightsaber Enema. Though I'd prefer they stay close to Canon.

Endocrom:
So where did those rocks come from?

No Jedi ever leaves on a mission without his trusty bag of Gravel.

Pages 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here