Trailers: Driver: San Francisco: Comeback

Driver: San Francisco: Comeback

Chase Jericho through the city streets of Driver: San Francisco.

Watch Video

Did I see Jericho spit acid on his shackles?
If it's just chasing him around the whole time, It doesn't seem like much of a game to me.

Man I loved the Driver games on the PlayStation. I hope they keep the thing where people jump out of the way just before you hit them. I loved that.

Oh god nostalgia, I had Driv3r for my GBA <3

Christ, must over come nostalgia. We're not even half way through the year and my wallet is already trying to kill me due to the excessive purchasing of games.

Looks very 70's. I like it! I hope there's co-op so I can re create the chase scene in Bullett with the mustang and the charger.

I thought Driv3r's gameplay sucked, but I did like it's story so I'm cautiously optimistic about this.

Well as long as the actual driving is fun then it will be good

Oh man...

YES!!!

I love the Driver series. SOme of the most fun I've ever had gaming. The engine in these games is always superior to GTA and the cars are always better to boot. Plus the police AI, Brutal yet realistic.

It's been a while since I've seen the Driver franchise, did it ever get to being a GTA clone or is it still just car driving?

(Note, I'd prefer the former myself, I find the latter quite boring)

Does the game still involve Tanner being in a coma and posessing drivers in order to stop Jericho and complete sidequests? I have a friend who found that so weird that I try to slip it into conversation every time we talk to tease him. (Personally, I think it's brilliant.)

Only marginally related, but I remember playing Driver with a friend when I was little, and us convincing each other that the draw distance of around 10cm was realistic "because sometimes in real life you can't see because of fog."

looking good, can't wait to drive down alleys and smashing through boxes!

This is looking really fantastic. I love how none of these trailers ever focus on Tanner getting out of the car, since that's where the series went wrong. Get it back to basics, Ubi! I'm getting excited!

Heh I remembered the first ever driver game.

I couldn't even pass the training parking lot level.
It was epicly difficult.

*is t-boned by civilian driver*

Cop Radio: Suspect has hit another vehicle!

Oh, nostalgia. I'm finding it hard to look forward to this, though. There seems to be far too much gloss.

I could've sworn this game got cancelled

Always loved driver.. Though I must admitt I am puzzled... Why did the prison van keep up with a muscle car? :o

The Random One:
Does the game still involve Tanner being in a coma and posessing drivers in order to stop Jericho and complete sidequests? I have a friend who found that so weird that I try to slip it into conversation every time we talk to tease him. (Personally, I think it's brilliant.)

I'm wondering that too. Judging from the trailer that whole concept seems to be conveniently forgotten about.

Time will tell, I guess.

Ohoho! I was just yelling HELL YES through the entire trailer!

Novur:
*is t-boned by civilian driver*

Cop Radio: Suspect has hit another vehicle!

Oh, nostalgia. I'm finding it hard to look forward to this, though. There seems to be far too much gloss.

That's it, I'm getting my PS1 out of the basement and playing this game for the next I don't know how long.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here