Critical Miss: Mortal Kombat

Pages 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Mortal Kombat

Kause for koncern.

Read Full Article

I've always wondered how those outfits stayed on

SnootyEnglishman:

Even more so with the battle damage. Makes you wonder how the females aren't topless at the end of the fights. Everything is held on by the strongest strap ever made it seems.

lol that was incredibly awesome, and it explains so much.

OmegaAlucard777:

SnootyEnglishman:

Even more so with the battle damage. Makes you wonder how the females aren't topless at the end of the fights. Everything is held on by the strongest strap ever made it seems.

Explains so much..but where can they get that kind of material in Outworld this one wonders.

Ah, what if sexual mores were different.

"... held tenuously together by wishful thinking."

I just wanted to say that I love that that line.

So that's why they wear the skimpy outfits, DADDY ISSUES!

Anyone notice how no-one ever makes the point that Johnny Cage and Lui Kang are forced to fight completely without a shirt? So, what, beefcake is fine, but we're not allowed cheesecake?

I hear talking about skimpy outfits yet I see no skimpy outfits... Where's the dislike button?

''And don't come even think about going outside without adding a layer of make-up to that face!''

This really made me laugh

Approved by the saluting ogre!

"Two strips of leather held tenuously together by wishful thinking"

FAN-TAS-TIC

Hehe perhaps some opposite of the phrase "That's not a skirt it's a belt" exists in the MK universe.

It thanks to Rooster Teeth Immersion episode on female fighting clothing, the skimpy clothing cannot stay on!
Still I laugh at today comic strip. It remind me of this other similar one but with Ivy and Cervantes from Soul Calibur.

That one was good.

The new MK's female costumes design did bother me a bit, Don't get me wrong I have nothing against a little bit of shameless exploitation but come on that was a bit much.

Sonya Blade is supposed to be a special forces operative and yet in this games she's dresses like a stripper pretending to be a cop.

"Goro caught ripping limbs from sheep, nobody really stops him."

That made me giggle.

I like Daddy's thinking.

It's hard to fight fully clothed.

MEANWHILE
in australia.... (yeah its been banned here)

How do the glasses stay up? Plus I don't see Shao Kahn as a newspaper kind of guy, I think he probably splash out on a more modern electronicamal device for his global feed.

The "wishful thinking" bit made me smile. Otherwise, I thought it was rather trite.

"Goro Caught"

WHAT IS THIS?! NEEDS MORE K!

AssassinJoe:
So that's why they wear the skimpy outfits, DADDY ISSUES!

You Sir win at the Internetz :D

Mortal Kombat... where its inappropriate for women to where anything more than a loin cloth...

Also, Khan with glasses, rofl.

Scarim Coral:
It thanks to Rooster Teeth Immersion episode on female fighting clothing, the skimpy clothing cannot stay on!
Still I laugh at today comic strip. It remind me of this other similar one but with Ivy and Cervantes from Soul Calibur.

You mean this thing right here:

Classic! So simple, yet so funny! I love it! The glasses where just perfect!

YEEES! I just watched the new episode of Legacy then read this.
Awesome!

I especially don't get how they stay on after certain combat damages. Apparently they use some sort of adhesive to make the clothes stay on/skin tight. Some of that applies to the 'masks' that the ninja characters wear as well or Cages sunglasses which can be ripped in half yet still sit on his head fine.

When you think about it nearly all the outworld characters male and female wear very little clothing, even Shang is is only wearing a vest for his top-half when he gets his groove back. Maybe outworld just has different ideas of modesty.

There's no excuse for the 'special forces' uniform though.

Good thing he ISN'T her real father
Shao Khan is one horny villain

I think I know what this magic force is that keeps the clothes on: Extra Strength Rip Block or "ESRB"

The sheer will of this force keeps the clothing on.

If this is his stance on proper protection when the girl is fighting for her life, then what does he tell her about safe sex! O_O

Ha Ha :) Its funny cause its true ;P

lol, I see what you did there.

SnootyEnglishman:

I just always assumed it was a secret power of the ESRB. 'Cause if those things fell off like they would in real life, say hello to AO.

OutrageousEmu:
Anyone notice how no-one ever makes the point that Johnny Cage and Lui Kang are forced to fight completely without a shirt? So, what, beefcake is fine, but we're not allowed cheesecake?

Not just without a shirt, Johnny Cage doesn't even wear pants in many incarnations, he just wears shorts. And Shao Khan...the "dad" in this picture, doesn't even wear shorts. He wears a loincloth.

That explains so much when it comes to most female fighter clothes.

Pages 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here